Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anna Swallow's Argus Column

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I have just found this from earlier

Mona said

Probably the Greatest Ever Yorkshireman was a bit too laddish and dressing room banterish for the fair Anna.

Talking about M Adams.

The greatest living yorkshireman??????? Don't be so bloody rediculous. Brian Close is the greatest living yorkshireman, followed by Sir Geoffrey Boycott and Fiery Fred Trueman.

Micky Adams....PAH

Southy

Jul 7, 2003
Boycott is a proven wife beater isn't he? I remember the pictures of his girlfriends face in that trial. Give me Mickey Adams every time over scum like him.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Apart Boycott being a woman abuser he was totally self centered and highly unpopular with his teammates.

After his Court appearance in France, Boycott gave the waiting press a classic quote....."I couldn't understand a word the court staff were saying"."They kept talking in French all the time"!!! :jester: :rolleyes:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
back to the thread,,,yes OK Boycs was is wife beater, and yes, there was circumstances ( he is suffering from illness - not that that excuses it at all you understand)

How can Adams possibly be the GLY? He is a tin pot little manager, with no success apart from one trophy with us and has walked out on lots of clubs. Good riddance ( and he manages a team of cheats who should have been relegated after playing the administration game)

"sits back and waits for the flak"

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
You can't even call Boycott a wife beater because he refused to marry her.

Freddy Trueman is a gent. I have spoken to him

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
...and an awful predictor of horsies

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Where do you start?

Fozzie is/was and will always be a proper Albion legend.

Last time I looked Anna's column was dull.

Last time I looked Harty's wasn't.

Lord B is having a laugh. What - journalists never take comments and quotes out of context ??? :lolol:

Boycott is a self-centred git and appallingly slow scorer who would never have got near test cricket if he was Australian.

All of the above is purely my opnion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here