Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ankergren

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Maybe try and get a loan goalkeeper from the premiership? Braz Guzan from Villa springs to mind? Never displaced Friedel, and won't do the same to Given, but an amazing keeper nevertheless...

Yes, good old Braz. I'm quite the fan of Brazzer too - maybe we could start a "Guz Poyez should sign Braz Guzan society"?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Ok. Its him or Brezovan Ankers every time if thats an option. Gud went MENTAL at that punt. Considering against Brizzle and Leics he just kicked into touch im surprised he didnt do it then!!

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
I can kind of deal with Ankergren being a bit shit with his 'keeping' because he offers so much more to our overall team play. What really pissed me off was when he walked off the pitch hugging every single Leeds United staff member and player as though they were his long lost brother!

Casper, you just made a huge mistake, how about a bit of of a low key exit and doing your high fives later - Not in front of the west stand!

Anyway, rant over!

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I still fail to see how it's the keepers fault a ball travels the whole length of the pitch and into the opposition box to an unmarked player who gets a shot off.

Sure he kicked it too long and to the opposition keeper but there's 10 other players in between him and the goals on the way back.

Goals 1 and 3 happened because we failed to clear the ball out of the box the first time.

I think its rubbish to say the 3rd goal is all down to Ankergren.

mreprice

Sep 12, 2010
Sydney, Australia
I would say Ankergren is one of best keepers in the division on the ball, and slightly below average at everything else.

Given the way we play, there aren't too many outside the Premiership I'd prefer to have instead of him.

But if was given a few million quid to spend on one player to improve the team, I think it would be best spent on a Premiership class keeper.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Quite a few bods were saying before the season started that they thought Gus should/would sign a new keeper and I was a bit surprised he didn't.Looks like those thoughts still exist with some justification.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I can kind of deal with Ankergren being a bit shit with his 'keeping' because he offers so much more to our overall team play. What really pissed me off was when he walked off the pitch hugging every single Leeds United staff member and player as though they were his long lost brother!

Casper, you just made a huge mistake, how about a bit of of a low key exit and doing your high fives later - Not in front of the west stand!

Anyway, rant over!

Irritated me as well. Should've been keeping a low profile.

Casper could've gone for a corner a la rugby and we could've boxed them in. Then charged at the player when he was heading for the touchline, which was stupid the players only option was to cut it back.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Not a great night for Casper. The goals in the first half arose from a period of pressure invited by a shanked goal kick. Then to concede as a result of hoofing the ball was disappointing. But he is integral to how we play - just not his best game for us.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
For the last goal Greer allowed a clean header on when could have been stronger or even obstructed, Oainter turned the wrong way favouring his left foot when attacking with right could have cleared & Ankergren again tried to block with legs not hands

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I really cannot make my mind up on Ankers but I think kicking the ball straight to their keeper was a poor error, however if he had held on to the ball too long he could have had a 2nd yellow.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
It's his kicking straight to the opposition keeper that's the problem, also should have stayed on his line for Leeds 3rd. Still he makes some quality saves. I think Gus will have him watching videos of last night game to sort it out.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I still fail to see how it's the keepers fault a ball travels the whole length of the pitch and into the opposition box to an unmarked player who gets a shot off.

Sure he kicked it too long and to the opposition keeper but there's 10 other players in between him and the goals on the way back.

Goals 1 and 3 happened because we failed to clear the ball out of the box the first time.

I think its rubbish to say the 3rd goal is all down to Ankergren.

Totally agree with this although I was in a minority of one when discussing it after the game with my mates. The defending for all three goals was piss poor last night and needs tightening up. I agree that Caspar shouldn't have wellied it up the field but we should have been capable of defending the return ball.

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
I'm not sure how well Ankergren copes with pressure ?

He punched a shot away in the second half, which could have gone straight to one of their players, which he would normaly have caught - and *that* 94th minute goal kick was disastrous.

The hugs, high fives and grins to the Leeds players when he came off at the end made me angry.

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
With a minute to go with the ball with our keeper we should at least make a better attempt to retain possession, i said on another thread its almost like our concentration goes in the last 4 or 5 mins of a game when were tying to hold on to a narrow lead. Mistakes in the dying seconds will be punished at this level. Cant blame it entirely on Ankergren though, sloppy defending didnt help.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Our overall defensive play yesterday was sloppy, in fact very sloppy. Ankergren did not have the best of games but what was in front of him was very porous. Until yesterday though the defence has been very good in the league and one should not follow media hype and react too much to it. Leeds are a team who score plenty of goals but also let them in and the game was a continuation of the theme.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
That was Ankergren's and the whole defence's worst performance of the season so far. As a unit they were poor in every department; Dunk and Greer looking uncharacteristically nervy, Painter and Calderon looked slow and got turned too easily, and Ankergren was exposed and at least partly at fault for the first and third goals. I don't think this is a bad thing though, probably a bit of a wake-up call. I'd like to see Vincelot given a run at left back. Having said all that though I agree with some previous posters that the most annoying thing was Ankergren's reaction and Leeds love-in at the final whistle. Hopefully Poyet gave him as much a bollocking for that as his performance, not clever in front of your home fans when you've just f***ed-up.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Our overall defensive play yesterday was sloppy, in fact very sloppy. Ankergren did not have the best of games but what was in front of him was very porous. Until yesterday though the defence has been very good in the league and one should not follow media hype and react too much to it. Leeds are a team who score plenty of goals but also let them in and the game was a continuation of the theme.

Exactly. Ankergren has been very good this season yet he makes one mistake and suddenly he should be dropped immediately. The problem with being a keeper is your errors cost the team generally so they are noticed more. For some people on here to start blaming him for other goals is ridiculous. He could do nothing about the first two Leeds goals last night or either of Liverpool's

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I've been saying we need a goalkeeper for a long time, too shaky and makes stupid errors

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I've been saying we need a goalkeeper for a long time, too shaky and makes stupid errors

I bet that is what you were saying when we won our first three games and until last night had the level best defensive record in the league. I can't remember any stupid errors from Ankergren before tonight and he kept us in the game in the first half at Leicester. I can't believe after all the good performances from Ankergren that people are genuinely calling for him to be dropped after one mistake but that is football fans for you I suppose.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
That kick straight back to them was f***ing BULLSHIT. THe single most ridiculous thing I've EVER seen at a football match.

Dickhead.

FUMING STILL.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here