Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ankergren

Biancazzurro

Aug 9, 2011
Hassocks
When any other player has the ball I have confidence he will do something worthwhile but every time Ankergren gets involved I can't help but think he'll balls it up, I hope the team has more faith but I doubt it unless he starts looking more in control.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
The problem is in our side the goalkeeper has to be able to play football. There aren't too many of those around that are also as good in the rest of their game. Ankergren isn't perfect, but im happier with him than most other keepers I can think of.

Casper

Sep 22, 2011
Brighton
The last goal was his fault.

99% of the time he rolls it out to one of our players, yet the time when we need to keep it he f***ing well kicks it straight to their keeper.

Unbelievable.

TB
Totally agree, there was only a minute to go !! just keep it.

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
I feel 2 of there 3 goals were sloppy and could of easily been saved, he did save a cracker in his defence but he was very poor against liverpool to and at this level you got to be on form I would say he is a weak link in the team and its the only position we dont have real quality so finger cross gus sees this and buys a new keeper in jan.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Like many,I've been saying we need a top class keeper to give us a real chance in this division. Against Liverpool he got his angles wrong for both of their goals,and tonight's third goal he might as well have knocked it into his own goal and saved Leeds the effort.

He is the stand out weak link in an otherwise compact and organised side.Trouble is,our other keepers aren't up to snuff either.

Loan required with some urgency,I'd say.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)

99% of the time he rolls it out to one of our players, yet the time when we need to keep it he f***ing well kicks it straight to their keeper.

Unbelievable.

TB

100% THIS.

Spent whole game playing keep ball at the back apart from the only point in the game where we really really needed to keep it. ARRRRRRGGGHHHH

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
Ankergren or Brezovan.....not much of a choice!
Like Ankergren but have to admit a new keeper is needed!

NorthStandN1A

Aug 1, 2011
Hove
In all seriousness what other keepers are there? Hard to find a good one ask Arsenal. As he might be the worst skilled player on the team not sure who we could get that could do better. Anytime a goal goes in you will look at the keeper. So lets look at the 3 goals tonight. GOAL 1: unlucky deflection left him out of position and was unable to cover the rebound. GOAL 2: unstopable. GOAL 3: mistake of booting the ball upfield leads to Leeds attack which he charges down leaving the goal wide open and a straightforward finish. 1 out of 3 goals was he truely accountable for. Not so bad after all.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I'm still a bit suprised Mitch Walker isn't more highly rated. I thought on his debut against Yeovil he looked a real prospect and I'm told he is comfortable with the ball at his feet. I would have thought he would have been flourishing by now but instead he's not rated at all highly. And what of Poke? What's he still doing here, has he not got anything to offer?

I like Ankergren and with the current options available, I certainly wouldn't advocate changing him but I do think that if we want to be in the top 6, we'll need a better all-round goalkeeper than him. At the moment, he is the best goalkeeper we have and is certainly not a liability, he made one mistake with a dodgy kick in the first half and maybe could have held the ball for a bit longer at the end but blaming him for the third goal seems a bit cruel.

thekinglives

Aug 14, 2010
Maybe try and get a loan goalkeeper from the premiership? Braz Guzan from Villa springs to mind? Never displaced Friedel, and won't do the same to Given, but an amazing keeper nevertheless...

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003

Unbelievable.

TB
Really? I thought he only hoofed it as Barnes was injured or feigning it. I thought he was going to put it out of play. Yes he gave their keeper possession but it's not like the keeper waltzed through and scored. We really should have defended it better.
Don't get me wrong I do think Casper is weak on crosses and corners but I can't see how anyone can blame him for the last goal.

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
In all seriousness what other keepers are there? Hard to find a good one ask Arsenal. As he might be the worst skilled player on the team not sure who we could get that could do better. Anytime a goal goes in you will look at the keeper. So lets look at the 3 goals tonight. GOAL 1: unlucky deflection left him out of position and was unable to cover the rebound. GOAL 2: unstopable. GOAL 3: mistake of booting the ball upfield leads to Leeds attack which he charges down leaving the goal wide open and a straightforward finish. 1 out of 3 goals was he truely accountable for. Not so bad after all.

It's the kicking out or distribution I see as the problem.

The poor standard of this was the pre-cursor to all our conceded goals tonight IMO

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
It's the kicking out or distribution I see as the problem.

The poor standard of this was the pre-cursor to all our conceded goals tonight IMO

Distribution is probably the strongest part of Ankergren's game. Did you go to the Leicester game? If so, compare Ankergren's kicking to Schmeichel's......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here