Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ankergren

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
how about the fact the we had no players in the leeds half it went straight to thier keeper & cost us the match?

How about the fact we had ten players between their keeper and our goals when the leeds keeper got hold of the ball.

Absolute garbage to blame Ankergren for the last goal.

It's as if the other ten players on the pitch are being totally excused for not stopping the ball making it back up the pitch, not clearing it out of our area once in, then leaving a Leeds player totally unmarked in the box.

Shit defence cost us the game, not Ankergren.

We ask our keeper to do far more during a game than most teams do. I for one think he does a good job overall.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
It's as if the other ten players on the pitch are being totally excused for not stopping the ball making it back up the pitch

Yeah, they should have stopped the ball that was launched over their heads at a height that it would be impossible to reach without the power of flight.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Yeah, they should have stopped the ball that was launched over their heads at a height that it would be impossible to reach without the power of flight.

Apart from Greer who barely jumped to challenge for the ball on the edge of our box, the very same Greer who was gesticulating to Casper to boot it long which he did under instruction from his captain :shrug:

Big Mart

Sep 12, 2010
Spoke to a Leeds STH about his time at Leeds. He told me he was prone to lapses of concentration during the game which led to some real howlers, then the Leeds fans got on his back followed by inevitable loss of confidence. Brez in not good enough in my opinion and I hope Casper can work urgently on the weaker elements of his game and stop my panic attacks every time the ball goes near the 6 yard box.
Gus will sort him out . Too much at stake now.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Apart from Greer who barely jumped to challenge for the ball on the edge of our box, the very same Greer who was gesticulating to Casper to boot it long which he did under instruction from his captain :shrug:

Looked to me like he was pointing wide, perhaps to one of our players near the half way line, not telling him to boot it right down the middle further upfield than any of our players, so that it goes right back to their keeper. Even if he was, Ankergren has a mind of his own, and plenty of years of experience, knowledge of what Gus would want, and wasting time is one of his particular strengths. Booting it up field he chose to boot it right up the middle.

If you've got the ball they can't score. The onus is on them to win it off you. If you give the ball to them cheaply, you are putting the onus on your team to win it back and that is not a good thing. You give them the power. That was Casper's mistake and it's ridiculous for anyone to argue otherwise.

upthealbion1970

NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Looked to me like he was pointing wide, perhaps to one of our players near the half way line, not telling him to boot it right down the middle further upfield than any of our players, so that it goes right back to their keeper. Even if he was, Ankergren has a mind of his own, and plenty of years of experience, knowledge of what Gus would want, and wasting time is one of his particular strengths. Booting it up field he chose to boot it right up the middle.

If you've got the ball they can't score. The onus is on them to win it off you. If you give the ball to them cheaply, you are putting the onus on your team to win it back and that is not a good thing. You give them the power. That was Casper's mistake and it's ridiculous for anyone to argue otherwise.

Tbf how many times does Casper boot it and it goes out for a throw around half way?

You still have no explanation for Greer not challenging for the ball on the edge of our box :shrug:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Indeed, bearing in mind Casper was on a yellow as well

So what? Do we expect players who are on a yellow to step aside rather than try to stop a player, rather than tackle cleanly and sensibly, to stay on their feet and shepherd them wide?

No one is asking him to keep hold of it for a ridiculous amount of time, no one is asking that he pushes it with the ref. We are asking why he didn't play the ball short like he usually does? Why didn't he throw it out wide to one of the players who were in space as he sometimes does? Why did he boot it so hard, so straight that it would only go to their keeper and gift them possession?

Last edited:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Tbf how many times does Casper boot it and it goes out for a throw around half way?

You still have no explanation for Greer not challenging for the ball on the edge of our box :shrug:

I'm not arguing that the other players didn't make mistakes (I think painter was too soft, but he was risking a penalty, I guess, and the shot perhaps should have been stopped by Dunk and Greer(?), it seemed to go between them and they weren't that far apart.

But none of them would have been in a position to make those mistakes if we had retained possession as Gus always wants us to, as we usually do. You and Tyrone seem to be ignoring that we were put in that position because of a mistake by Casper. You seem to be absolving him of any blame whatsoever, and that is simply wrong.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
No We are asking why he didn't play the ball short like he usually does? Why didn't he throw it out wide to one of the players who were in space as he sometimes does? Why did he boot it so hard, so straight that it would only go to their keeper and gift them possession?

Maybe because the defenders were spent and we needed to clear the ball as far away from our goals as possible to give them a brief respite?

upthealbion1970

NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
So what? Do we expect players who are on a yellow to step aside rather than try to stop a player, rather than tackle cleanly and sensibly, to stay on their feet and shepard them wide?

No one is asking him to keep hold of it for a ridiculous amount of time, no one is asking that he pushes it with the ref. We are asking why he didn't play the ball short like he usually does? Why didn't he throw it out wide to one of the players who were in space as he sometimes does? Why did he boot it so hard, so straight that it would only go to their keeper and gift them possession?

I'm not saying Casper is blameless, what I am saying is that he is not entirely at fault, greer had a shocker last night and was partially to blame for at least 2 of the Leeds goals IMO but let's just all turn on the keeper eh? Nothing like a good old NSC witch hunt to pass the time :)

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Maybe because the defenders were spent and we needed to clear the ball as far away from our goals as possible to give them a brief respite?

It's harder to win the ball back than to play with it. Gifting possession to the opposition is the last thing to do if you're tired. Giving the ball to the opposition isn't going to give defence nothing to do.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I'm not arguing that the other players didn't make mistakes (I think painter was too soft, but he was risking a penalty, I guess, and the shot perhaps should have been stopped by Dunk and Greer(?), it seemed to go between them and they weren't that far apart.

But none of them would have been in a position to make those mistakes if we had retained possession as Gus always wants us to, as we usually do. You and Tyrone seem to be ignoring that we were put in that position because of a mistake by Casper. You seem to be absolving him of any blame whatsoever, and that is simply wrong.

Clearing the ball to the other end of the pitch isn't a mistake. A mistake is fumbling a ball or missing a cross.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I'm not saying Casper is blameless, what I am saying is that he is not entirely at fault, greer had a shocker last night and was partially to blame for at least 2 of the Leeds goals IMO but let's just all turn on the keeper eh? Nothing like a good old NSC witch hunt to pass the time :)

Casper had a bad game. Pointing that out isn't exactly a witch hunt, I'd say over the course of the game Greer had a slightly better game than Ankergren.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Clearing the ball to the other end of the pitch isn't a mistake. A mistake is fumbling a ball or missing a cross.

Seriously? Now you're just playing with words. Fine, it wasn't a "mistake" but the decision to punt the ball to their goalkeeper was a wrong decision. It was Casper's decision, and his action. It was wrong.

Whatever you call it doesn't absolve Casper of the error.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
leave_britney_alone.jpg

Leave Casper alone!

upthealbion1970

NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Casper had a bad game. Pointing that out isn't exactly a witch hunt, I'd say over the course of the game Greer had a slightly better game than Ankergren.

But its not just been pointed out has it? Watch it back and watch Greer point up the pitch, as captain he is as responsible for that error as Casper is, as captain he made the decision to kick it long, for whatever reason Casper (for once) kicked it straight and the length of the pitch - rush of blood in the dying minutes against his old team might explain it, he is a human being just like most on NSC. My point is that you can't put the blame solely with Casper as Greer told him to kick it long and then failed to challenge for the ball when it came back.

upthealbion1970

NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Seriously? Now you're just playing with words. Fine, it wasn't a "mistake" but the decision to punt the ball to their goalkeeper was a wrong decision. It was Casper's decision, and his action. It was wrong.

Whatever you call it doesn't absolve Casper of the error.

Time to agree to disagree :thumbsup:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Ok then it was plain f**king stupidity. By all means kick upfield but at least angle it into corners.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here