Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ankergren, did my eyes deceive me

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
or did he duck as the piledriver shot that hit the bar whizzed over him? :facepalm::lolol:

Last edited:

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
To be fair until it actually clattered the post I thought it was soaring clear over the bar, it dipped a hell of a lot right at the end.

Sitch

Jul 3, 2011
Don't think he knew too much about it, I thought it was going over but took a strange dip and hit the bar.

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
Don't think he knew too much about it, I thought it was going over but took a strange dip and hit the bar.

Yeah, I first thought it had clipped the wall but on the replay it just wobbled like a mad thing. Is that what happens when you strike the valve? Didn't Ronaldo do that a lot?

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
As a certified member of the goalkeepers union, may I clarify the matter...

It was what's known in the business as "A TACTICAL LEAVE"

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Yes, he knelt down!! His flapping is starting to bother me now too. `

Erm hasn't he only conceeded 5 or 6 goals in the league this season? i think we can forgive him for not not getting to a Craig Bellemy free kick that hit the bar anyway.

Sorry if your comment was meant to be tougue in cheek but the Casper bashing really gets to me.

D

Deleted member 18477

Erm hasn't he only conceeded 5 or 6 goals in the league this season? i think we can forgive him for not not getting to a Craig Bellemy free kick that hit the bar anyway.

Sorry if your comment was meant to be tougue in cheek but the Casper bashing really gets to me.

the casper praising gets to me.

he cant catch, he flaps at every cross, he can barely kick (and when he does it goes out of play), hes ALWAYS slow at distributing the ball (not always good you know we have quick players and we should use them like liverpool did with bellamy and suarez), he doesnt command his area, defenders must shit themselves when he goes near the ball....

oh yea apart from that he's a really good goalkeeper:facepalm:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I'm sure I've seen him do it before on long range shots, just fall to his knees. It's a bit odd. No way anyone was saving that shot though.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Could he have done better for the first goal? It was quite a tight angle Bellamy had wasn't it?

NB. This was just my immediate reaction after the goal and I haven't seen it since. And I was the other side of the pitch as well, so I could be posting total bollocks.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Last night his positioning for both of the goals looked a bit suspect. He seem to narrow the angle to the opposite way he should of.
I think our defence made a couple of very crucial blocks too, before the ball had reached him, so he didn't have to make the save.
And also there were a couple of times he should have come for the ball but left it, and when he should have left it, he came for it!!
And one last thing, he was even "out-timewasted" by Reina last night! :smokin: lol

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
the casper praising gets to me.

he cant catch, he flaps at every cross, he can barely kick (and when he does it goes out of play), hes ALWAYS slow at distributing the ball (not always good you know we have quick players and we should use them like liverpool did with bellamy and suarez), he doesnt command his area, defenders must shit themselves when he goes near the ball....

oh yea apart from that he's a really good goalkeeper:facepalm:

Are you serious? He's absolutely quality.
His footwork and distribution is one of his strongest traits. He's made some game changing saves already this season and has made very few mistakes.

I suppose last year he was the reason we did so badly... oh no wait.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here