Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anger at decision to acquire Mash Barn

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I know someone egos has had some contact with cllr Martin today. It appears he hasn't even read the council report lord b gave a link to earlier. How odd?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I grew up in Shoreham and know this stretch of scrub well, and that's all it is. A bit of scrub that most residents have wanted to be used sensibly before it gets covered in unimaginative Barrett housing.

This is the overwhelming view.

tgretton87

Shoreham Beach Seagull#2
Jul 30, 2011
My Dads house backs on to the area where the training pitches will be. He cannot wait he reckons that his house will gain at least 5% in value.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
At least the Lib Dems are inviting our comments.

Steve Martin
Monday, March 5, 2012 at 01:47 PM

Councillor Steve Martin
Adur Liberal Democrats.

Cllr.martin@btconnect.com

Freepost RSTX-ZKBC-ZSYT
Worthing
BN13 2NG

Lancing was a strong old fashioned Liberal area, until the local party fell out with the national Liberal Democrats. Liberals were a majority Adur Council party for 15 years or so. The diatribe is all about local political rivalry and nothing whatsoever to do with the merits of a planning application.

The Tories are in power and they know the meaning of money and value of nothing much.

The Liberal Democrats lost power to Labour in 1999 who lost power on Adur Council to the Conservatives in 2000.

Adur: Political

Last edited:

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Secret Agenda ???

Other Local Views:

She said: “There are 2,000 people who are disappointed and disgusted by the way Lancing has been left behind and dumped upon. We are very, very pleased for Shoreham, but it’s quite galling to see £6 million spent on a bridge when we have no toilets on our beach.

“Worthing has been regenerated and Shoreham has been regenerated, but Lancing has been left behind. You’ve let us down.”

Lancing regeneration moves closer - Local - Worthing Herald

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Of course I am not suggesting any violence against persons - its a lighthearted nod to previous threads etc. You'd have to be stupid to think otherwise. Oh dear they are!

You and I know your comments are in jest but it hasn't stopped the chair person of the Mash Barn Secret Service ( sorry I meant community group ) getting her knickers in a twist over the "nasty comments" starting again from Albion fans, On the subject of last night's Lancing Parish Council meeting to discuss the issue she's claiming "many residents are either too frightened to attend or if they are, Aren't going to speak due to 'fans' intimidating words and actions to date " Thankfully there are other mash barn residents besides myself that know this is just a load of made up nonsense to cover up the lack of support the people against the plans have actually got.

You and I know your comments are in jest but it hasn't stopped the chair person of the Mash Barn Secret Service ( sorry I meant community group ) getting her knickers in a twist over the "nasty comments" starting again from Albion fans, On the subject of last night's Lancing Parish Council meeting to discuss the issue she's claiming "many residents are either too frightened to attend or if they are, Aren't going to speak due to 'fans' intimidating words and actions to date " Thankfully there are other mash barn residents besides myself that know this is just a load of made up nonsense to cover up the lack of support the people against the plans have actually got.
There are times when negotiations and consultations with people who have doubts about the Club's plans are best conducted in an atmosphere of tranquility. This is one of them.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
There are times when negotiations and consultations with people who have doubts about the Club's plans are best conducted in an atmosphere of tranquility. This is one of them.

I agree absolutely. That is why I put up the information. Enable "rationality" to win the case. Don't muck it up.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
As an Albion fan I really want to see this go through as quickly as possible. As an Adur resident I would like to see my council grow a pair and start to get some decent contributions to the local amenities as part of any development approval.

this is not about appeasing a few people who have unilaterally extended their gardens, but about providing local sporting facilities that are open to the local community (these don't have to be on site) I would also like to see a park and ride from the training ground to the stadium, that doesn't involve the tortuous route favoured by the current S bus, but I may be being a little self serving on this one.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
432178_10150621671134065_738964064_9095779_1020823107_n.jpg

At the western entrance there is clear signs of a route to Mash Barn Farm or New Monks Farm or whatever it is called. There was until recently a row of Elms which died of Dutch Elm Disease. The route is muddy and blocked with old fridges etc. in the past. Most have been cleared but there is still a lot of debris.

There is not really a traffic problem in the area (very quiet) but in the rush hour the cars have to get on to the main road running north-south through Lancing and this is busy. Access to the open space through this route has already been agreed as part of the Section 106 agreement as part of the "golf course" plan. I think the developers are meant to pay for this.

Insel affe

HellBilly
Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Just had someone come in the office as I work in Lancing moaning "I cant belive they are going to build that monstrosity in Lancing" in his words. We asked him what he would prefer barratt homes or industrial units which would both bring far greater traffic to the area. His reply was it is fine as it is and the traffic is terrible as it is never mind when Brighton & Hove Albion build the monstrosity.......

Traffic terrible !! my arse it is people moan about sitting in traffic for more than 5mins, god I lived in London for over ten years traffic is bad in London down here it is nothing. jesus the guy had a midlands accent anyway why do these people moan I just give up sometimes.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
How can Lancing and Shoreham join up when there is a river in the way!

(I did live in Sompting many years ago)

welcome to this bew concept of ............................... a BRIDGE.

One day it will join up loads of seemingly disparate communities seprated by strectches of water.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
As an Albion fan I really want to see this go through as quickly as possible. As an Adur resident I would like to see my council grow a pair and start to get some decent contributions to the local amenities as part of any development approval.

this is not about appeasing a few people who have unilaterally extended their gardens, but about providing local sporting facilities that are open to the local community (these don't have to be on site) I would also like to see a park and ride from the training ground to the stadium, that doesn't involve the tortuous route favoured by the current S bus, but I may be being a little self serving on this one.

A contribution is being made for one 3G pitch + changing block + floodlighting in local area plaus contribution to upgrade other facilities maybe Lancing FC? Plus locals get access to the indoor pitch and the multi use floodlit pitch within the facility itself. As well as to the lecture/school rooms for community groups meetings etc.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Maybe he thinks that one iconic sporting venue is all that Lancing needs.

That's a but ungenerous. The rubble has been cleared away.

27028488.jpg

Panoramio - Photo of Culver Road Football Ground - home of Lancing Football Club

The page contains the rebuild and a map showing Grinstead Lane and the route through the Mash Barn estate to get to the green fields shown on the map.

If you enlarge the map, it does look as if Mash Barn Lane is a "right of way". In practice it is not because the locals have deliberately blocked off the access route by putting logs across the lane and earth barriers so the public cannot get through. The householders have caused resentment and aggravation to local people. I for one would like the Council to reopen and maintain the Right of Way.

Will Adur Council give away 14 acres of their unused land ?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here