Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Andy Murray

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
I follow the sport on how it is played at international level.

E.g I'm born in England so I support the English national football team

During Olympics I support team GB

Tennis' Davis Cup is a GB team, therefore I will back Andy Murray the whole way as he is British.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I follow the sport on how it is played at international level.

E.g I'm born in England so I support the English national football team

During Olympics I support team GB

Tennis' Davis Cup is a GB team, therefore I will back Andy Murray the whole way as he is British.

Fair.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
i dont support the scottish football team, why do people get upset when i say 'no, i dont support a scottish tennis player'?

I support him because he's representing Great Britain in this (and other) tournaments. I don't support Wales or Scotland but will be right behind their players in the GB Olympic Football team

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Christ this is hard work. I find the guy dislikable, does it have to go into such great depth beyond that? As I said in previous posts, if anyone from the British team wins then great - if they don't I'm not going to get upset. That ok?

Well I want Jessica Ennis to win though, because she's nice.

I,m not picking up on it because you said he was a sullen so and so but because you said he was Scottish and have no allegiance to them just because they border England. So make sure you find out who is Svottish, Welsh, Northern Irish and English before you get exited about any of our Olympic medals.

Of course If that is a sport you have any interest in goes without saying.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
For anyone who doesn't already know Federer is 2-1 up against Djokovic

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

as well as Teyrnas Gyfunol Prydain Fawr a Gogledd Iwerddon
Not to mention Yr Undeb Ewropeaidd.

Anyway ... back to the point.

Wimbledon is an INDIVIDUAL sporting event. None of the players are there to represent anyone other than themselves. I don't have a problem getting behind any of them, when they are playing well and deserve to win.

Wimbledon is an INDIVIDUAL sporting event. None of the players are there to represent anyone other than themselves. I don't have a problem getting behind any of them, when they are playing well and deserve to win.

This is EXACTLY why I couldn't give a flying fuckity f*** about Andy Murray. IF he was representing GB then I would be behind him all the way.

I can't stand John f***ing Terry but screamed as loud as anyone when he cleared that ball off the line(ish).

And I'm half Welsh so consider myself British first.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Was there a point to the thread? I just butted in when someone said they weren't British but English. I back Murray because he is British, just the way I am. Same as I will back Paul Di Resta in F1. If it was a national tournament, I'd back the player from Sussex, if it was a county tournament, I'd back the player from Brighton. All individual sporting events, but I need some reason to support someone other than them being good, or nice.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Good final, well done Roger.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here