Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Andy Murray

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Some of you do get unreasonably angry because Murray is not getting our full support. Get a grip, it's really not that important.

Give me Tsonga's smiley happy face and charisma every day of the week again Murray's dour surly angry attitude.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Not logical at all, I can't stand Murray and and would certainly not be hoping he wins. This is nothing to do with him being Scottish, I find him the most dull personality ever in Tennis, he's also a complete drama queen and the other players think that and probably have bets on how many times he will call the trainer on during a tournament.

I much MUCH prefer him over Henman, the most boring person in the world ever. I quite like Murray.

You know offcourt he's good mates with Nadal yes?

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Similar to Ronaldo for me. Great players, but their attitudes and body language on pitch make them completely dislikeable to me

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
i dont support the scottish football team, why do people get upset when i say 'no, i dont support a scottish tennis player'?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Wanting a Frog to win over a Brit ?
What is going on ?

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Absolutely. For those of your that don't like him, ask yourself why. Is it because of his public dour persona? (petty but slightly understandable) is it because you don't like Scots? (racist ?) or is it because of the throwaway JOKE he made 6 years ago!
All three, and see my post about snide anti english remarks that are always covered up as "banter" or a "throwaway joke" when challenged, but are in reality, anything but.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Not logical at all, I can't stand Murray and and would certainly not be hoping he wins. This is nothing to do with him being Scottish, I find him the most dull personality ever in Tennis, he's also a complete drama queen and the other players think that and probably have bets on how many times he will call the trainer on during a tournament.

The only person who has had to call the trainer on less than Murray is Federer - who, I believe, did it for the first time ever this week.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Some of you do get unreasonably angry because Murray is not getting our full support. Get a grip, it's really not that important.

Give me Tsonga's smiley happy face and charisma every day of the week again Murray's dour surly angry attitude.
Agreed, I don't like Murray because he's unlikable.

It will probably be a more interesting final if he gets through though.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
One thing is clear and that is that he is NOT a choker. He's proved that enough times. His performance against djokovic in australia in january was immense and clearly shocked djokovic as well.No-one else would have beaten him that day. I just hope he reaches the final. I think Djokovic will beat him (don't think federer will beat him).

Frankly I find this whole scottish shit pathetic. Most people seem to dislike him because he made one joke about the english once or because he's miserable (despite the fact enough people have said what a great guy he is in private). It says more about the people criticising him frankly. I don't think he will win the final if he gets there but I hope he does. Not just for his sake but to shut up all the f***ing idiots who denigrate him.

Totally agree with all of this. I find the anti-scottish jibes quite tiresome, but each to their own I suppose.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Wanting a Frog to win over a Brit ?
What is going on ?

As the crow flies he's probably born closer to Sussex than Murray. I've never considered myself British so don't particularly feel the need to force myself to like players from other nations, just because they border England

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Agreed, I don't like Murray because he's unlikable.

It will probably be a more interesting final if he gets through though.

I genuinely think he's the MOST likeable Tennis "star" we've had in the last 10 years or so. Henman and Rusedski are SO dull compared.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I genuinely think he's the MOST likeable Tennis "star" we've had in the last 10 years or so. Henman and Rusedski are SO dull compared.

Yup, I don't really see that people think he's dull. He's not confortable on camera, certainly, very guarded, rather like Gerrard is, but I imagine he's a decent bloke really. Now, Federer, as good as he is, now he is boring, but then he is Swiss.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003

That's not saying much is it?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Is this because he has the same Mr Angry personna? :smile:

In all seriousness you really find him likeable?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009

I agree. Murray got a lot of stick for being dour and miserable when he first appeared, so that's how people think of him. It's just not true, he is actually entertaining to watch and entertaining to listen to. He's lightened up massively and comes across as being human, which is something I don't think of Djokovic (in particular), Nadal or Federer. Murray always seems like an underdog because he's just a brilliant player, he isn't incredible.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The trainer point I don't agree with but I do think he is indeed a drama queen.
Murray gets very STROPPY if anyone in the crowd does anything he doesn't like. Compare that to the muppet who shouted "COME ON FEDERER" just as Djokovic was about to serve at 30-40 today, promptly lost the point - and not a peep from Djok.

But Murray is British, generally I find him quite likeable, so I'll support him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here