Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Andy Murray

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I have backed Murray to win 3-1 today, at 27/10.

(so that's him screwed).

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
As the crow flies he's probably born closer to Sussex than Murray. I've never considered myself British so don't particularly feel the need to force myself to like players from other nations, just because they border England

As the crows flies, yes France is within closer shitting distance.

Come the Olympics, we will all be cheering on British competitors over French or anyone else for that matter.
Murray gets stick because of his 'anyone but the English ' comment a few years back where Scotland and England have a famous and historical rivalry.

If they are happy to have the Union Jack waved upon their behalf then I am happy to support them.

LU7 RED

Nov 5, 2010
Leighton Buzzard
I hope he wins it too - just to shut the whiners up with the tired, old, 'He's miserable' rubbish - which frankly he isn't. Only basing it on the fact that EVERY person that knows him says he has a great, dry sense of humour. For his demenour on court, thats up to him - he doesn't have to smile to the fat housewives on centre court.

And even if he hated the English football team..so what? he's scottish FFS!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Murray gets stick because of his 'anyone but the English ' comment a few years back where Scotland and England have a famous and historical rivalry..

You did bring your flak jacket I hope?

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
As the crows flies, yes France is within closer shitting distance.

Come the Olympics, we will all be cheering on British competitors over French or anyone else for that matter.
Murray gets stick because of his 'anyone but the English ' comment a few years back where Scotland and England have a famous and historical rivalry.

If they are happy to have the Union Jack waved upon their behalf then I am happy to support them.

I don't pay any attention to his English joke from years back, that doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Olympics is slightly different as they are all playing together as part of a team. Murray is playing for Murray and not GB.

He was acting like a spoilt brat during his last match at times, mainly when he was losing. Smashing his racquet around and grimacing as if he was injured. Just can't consider him as a likeable person - whatever his nationality

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I don't pay any attention to his English joke from years back, that doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Olympics is slightly different as they are all playing together as part of a team. Murray is playing for Murray and not GB.

He was acting like a spoilt brat during his last match at times, mainly when he was losing. Smashing his racquet around and grimacing as if he was injured. Just can't consider him as a likeable person - whatever his nationality

So you are against him when he played Davis cup are you ?

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
So you are against him when he played Davis cup are you ?

I have never watched the Davis cup so not fussed at all! Wimbledon and the other majors are the only time I ever really see him.

So what if Murray wins AT the Olympics...?

As above, chances are I'm not going to watch any Olympic tennis. If he wins great, if he doesn't I'm not fussed either as I won't see it.

I don't particularly mind if he wins - just dislike his persona on court

Last edited:

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
Have a look at your passport....

I don't need a government passport to tell me what nationality I am, I was born in England so in my humble opinion (which incidently I am entitled to) makes me English. If you wish to be classed as British that is your choice.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I have never watched the Davis cup so not fussed at all! Wimbledon and the other majors are the only time I ever really see him.

As above, chances are I'm not going to watch any Olympic tennis. If he wins great, if he doesn't I'm not fussed either as I won't see it.

I don't particularly mind if he wins - just dislike his persona on court

So you are only worried about supporting British competitors at the olympics if they are sports in which you have a modicum of interest. Which ones are they may I ask ?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I don't need a government passport to tell me what nationality I am, I was born in England so in my humble opinion (which incidently I am entitled to) makes me English. If you wish to be classed as British that is your choice.

It's not my choice, if I want to leave the country, I am a British citizen. There is no sovereign state of England, and hasn't been since 1707!

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003

Yeah...and another thing... I bet you still rooted for Sean Connery when he was James Bond didn't you? Eh, eh?\

Which reminds me of this Connery/Wimbledon joke:

Q: What time does Sean Connery go to Wimbledon?

A: Tennish

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
So you are only worried about supporting British competitors at the olympics if they are sports in which you have a modicum of interest. Which ones are they may I ask ?

Christ this is hard work. I find the guy dislikable, does it have to go into such great depth beyond that? As I said in previous posts, if anyone from the British team wins then great - if they don't I'm not going to get upset. That ok?

Well I want Jessica Ennis to win though, because she's nice.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here