Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Andy Gray and Richard Keys....

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Probably been taken out of context. I don't care who runs the match male or female as long as they get the decisions right.

exactly right
and Andy Grey and Richard Keys are and always will be a pair of TWATS

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Very strange reaction to this story in this thread in my opinion, what do you expect? Blokes of their ages have grown up with football for 40 years, and grown up in a culture where women in football is basically unheard of. I disagree with them, I'm not saying they're right because they blatantly aren't. The female linesman did a good job, and that's what should be discussed, but you're being very naive to think that her ability is the only talking point. I've said it before, and I'll no doubt say it again, but I'm all for women in football where they can do a proper job and not just be a token. The female linesman on saturday wasn't a token, she's worked her way to earn the right to officiate in the Premier League and good luck to her. Jacqui Oatley (might have misspelt her name) has been a football journalist for years, she didn't just walk into the BBC studio one day and be asked to go commentate on a game. I can understand why older people don't want to see women in the mens game, and I don't see why anyone, even Andy Gray and Richard Keys, shouldn't be allowed to express their opinion because of the positions they hold. They've done nothing wrong.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I don't see why anyone, even Andy Gray and Richard Keys, shouldn't be allowed to express their opinion because of the positions they hold. They've done nothing wrong.

These days, though, a frenzied reaction to this kind of 'slip' is par for the course, and you do have to live or die by it if you want broadcast fame and money. There is a lot of hypocrisy from the papers as well, the Mail group are not big on pushing forward women's rights and equality, but they will gleefully seize on someone else who actually said it just to make mischief.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Very strange reaction to this story in this thread in my opinion, what do you expect? Blokes of their ages have grown up with football for 40 years, and grown up in a culture where women in football is basically unheard of. I disagree with them, I'm not saying they're right because they blatantly aren't. The female linesman did a good job, and that's what should be discussed, but you're being very naive to think that her ability is the only talking point. I've said it before, and I'll no doubt say it again, but I'm all for women in football where they can do a proper job and not just be a token. The female linesman on saturday wasn't a token, she's worked her way to earn the right to officiate in the Premier League and good luck to her. Jacqui Oatley (might have misspelt her name) has been a football journalist for years, she didn't just walk into the BBC studio one day and be asked to go commentate on a game. I can understand why older people don't want to see women in the mens game, and I don't see why anyone, even Andy Gray and Richard Keys, shouldn't be allowed to express their opinion because of the positions they hold. They've done nothing wrong.

There was a time not so long ago when there were no black MPs - would it be perfectly acceptable for an Alf Garnett type to be able to express the view that "they" shouldn't be able to be an MP due to their skin colour ? No - society has moved on and we can well do without the likes of Keys and Gray. There are far more intelligent and talented presenters that Sky could use.

Last edited:

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
He`s back,He`s back.......Jesus has returned at last!! Praise be to Twinkle!!!!

I'm not a 'he' actually (the clue's in my use of the term misogynistic). And I hate to completely spoil your day, but I'm not the Messiah (either)...

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
There was a time not so long ago when there were no black MPs - would it be perfectly acceptable for an Alf Garnett type to be able to express the view that "they" shouldn't be able to be an MP due to their skin colour ? No - society has moved on a we can well do without the likes of Keys and Gray. There are far more intelligent and talented presenters that Sky could use.

Well put sir, frankly I believe they thought they were being funny, must be huge fans of Bernard Manning.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I should of course have put MOST of society has moved on leaving the likes of Keys, Gray, Jimbo and Westdene Wonder behind ( although I suspect WW was on a fishing trip ! ).

I'm not a 'he' actually (the clue's in my use of the term misogynistic). And I hate to completely spoil your day, but I'm not the Messiah (either)...

Sh1t,wrong on two counts.still nobody`s perfect....except for you of course. I wouldn`t let you run the line though!! Wasn`t a very good clue though as your point wasn`t about people being misogynistic to you.anyway,sorry if i was being sexist..and now i know you`re female,fancy a drink sweetcheeks,this could be your lucky day baby!!

Last edited:

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
That's a rather strange 'argument' to justify the on-going misogynistic agenda that still pervades our national game. The subject of Gray & Keys' piss-poor comments was a woman who was a qualified league official: & thus she was seen by FA as capable of doing a professional job at the highest level. I didn't see the whole game, but by all accounts Sian Massey had a good game & called a difficult decision - which led to Liverpool's opening goal - absolutely correctly. It all goes to add to the sheer pig-ignorance of that pair of tools who front Sky's Premiershite coverage, & for those men who continue to peddle an inadequate sense of their own masculinity.

Oh, and then there's the ol' PC chestnut you (& countless others) look to qualify your stupidity with. I doubt if there's any point in me explaining how respect for others comes from self-awareness; knowledge; & valuing our individual and collective humanity - because I'd be completely wasting my time.
This - was surprised to hear Rachel Heyhoe-Flint taking the 'just banter' line on Radio 5 this morning.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Sh1t,wrong on two counts.still nobody`s perfect....except for you of course. I wouldn`t let you run the line though!! Wasn`t a very good clue though as your point wasn`t about people being misogynistic to you.anyway,sorry if i was being sexist..anyway ,now i know you`re female,fancy a drink sweetcheeks,this could be your lucky day baby!!

Can't do today I'm afraid. Got a meeting with the Dalai Lama this afternoon, & then I've got to report back to God this evening. TBH, I'm getting a bit sick of his Angel's when they trumpet my arrival, but I know they mean well.

Howsabout treating me to a small Sherry or 2 in Firdaus? I know all that Gold's a bit garish, but they do some quality nibbles these days. :thumbsup:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Be interesting to know what kind of witch-hunt is now going on within the Sky Sports production team to find out who leaked this audio to the press.

I bet Keyes and Gray are on the WARPATH for this bod dropping them right in the shit. There's apparently the possibility that they won't be presenting the MNF tonight.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Be interesting to know what kind of witch-hunt is now going on within the Sky Sports production team to find out who leaked this audio to the press.

I bet Keyes and Gray are on the WARPATH for this bod dropping them right in the shit. There's apparently the possibility that they won't be presenting the MNF tonight.

Please let your last paragraph be true Easy.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Graham Poll doesn't seem to like them very much either...

"Hopefully, her performance and demeanour will encourage others to start officiating and at least some good can come from the unwarranted comments from two men who should know better.

The last time I had the temerity to criticise Keys and Gray for their puerile and unfair attack on referee Uriah Rennie, Keys phoned me and abused me for doing so.

He told me I was punching above my weight and he left me with the impression I wasn’t wanted at Sky. That showed the man’s true colours.

Between the two of them they prevent free speech and thought, as any adverse comments are quashed by them.

Oh, by the way Richard, don’t bother phoning me after this comment — your opinions are of no interest to me."

:ohmy:

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I've no problem with female match officials, but the hypocrisy on this thread is astounding , there are people calling for the heads of keys and gray who dismissed the ross and brand " sachsgate " affair as just an attempt by the daily mail to whip up hysteria, and create outrage amongst people who otherwise would never have heard the tape, same here, except this story is one that falls foul of the PC brigade.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The 2 Men in question are bell ends but they were long before this. They were having some bloke banter thats all. Not necessarily right but PUULLEEAASSEE can some of the fairer sex get off their high horse as I can guarantee the banter you have with your female friends slag off and degenerate the Male species far more. Have you heard a group of 30-40 something Women discussing Men ?. Come on pot , kettle, black.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I've no problem with female match officials, but the hypocrisy on this thread is astounding , there are people calling for the heads of keys and gray who dismissed the ross and brand " sachsgate " affair as just an attempt by the daily mail to whip up hysteria, and create outrage amongst people who otherwise would never have heard the tape, same here, except this story is one that falls foul of the PC brigade.

I don't think people on here are calling for their heads purely over this incident.

Its just a rather nice possibility that this MIGHT be enough to finally get rid of these two odious wankers who are both way, WAY past their sell-by dates. Personally I'd be delighted if they got the boot, I couldn't give a shit what for. They've been dickheads for some considerable time now, and its high time they were moved on. If Sky can hang their sacking on these "unacceptable comments" then so be it. Bloody marvellous, I'd say.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here