Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Andy Gray and Richard Keys....

Which would have been a bonus on yesterday, although the lino did get the offside right for our 'goal'.

Are you sure on that? As from looking at replays on the Football League show this afternoon it looked to me that Murray was level when the ball was played.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It's in plenty of other media outlets too now.

Listen to the audio recording.

How many times has Andy Gray displayed a complete lack of knowledge when it comes to the rules of the game? How many times have we heard him crapping on about "the last man" or "clear daylight between them" when talking about professional fouls or offside? Neither of these terms are anywhere whatsoever in the FA rule book.

Why on earth should any official, let alone Sian Massey, have to put up with that kind of shit? The worst thing is, the spotlight will be far more on her for her next game than it ever would have been otherwise, and her every move will be critically analysed by the sort of morons who scrape their knuckles along the same part of the cave that Keys and Gray do.

I've never seen anyone blame Howard Webb's failure to send off the Dutch bloke in the World Cup final on his balding head, or a harsh red card by Uriah Rennie coming down to him being black, so what has Sian Massey's ability got to do with her gender?

This.

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Football is a mans game and should remain so, can you imagine the situation when a team strongly disagrees with a decision and surrounds a female official?,if a female wants to get involved then she only has to contact a Womens league to provide her with the opportunity.
I am sick of TV thinking they must have a women involved, that Gaby person who i believe had a father who was a professional footballer still makes the odd appearances and ex players are required to discuss the finer points of the game with her,fortunately with Sky + you can zap out the parts you dont require.

Sooty the Thief

Oct 3, 2009
Football is a mans game and should remain so, can you imagine the situation when a team strongly disagrees with a decision and surrounds a female official?,if a female wants to get involved then she only has to contact a Womens league to provide her with the opportunity.
I am sick of TV thinking they must have a women involved, that Gaby person who i believe had a father who was a professional footballer still makes the odd appearances and ex players are required to discuss the finer points of the game with her,fortunately with Sky + you can zap out the parts you dont require.

Agree 100%

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Football is a mans game and should remain so, can you imagine the situation when a team strongly disagrees with a decision and surrounds a female official.

Yes. What of it? What are they going to do? Beat the shit out of her? Give her a slap and tell her she deserved it? Tell her to put the kettle on? Say "there there", scratch their balls and ask for the stadium big screen to be switched over to Top Gear?

Fortunately I am confident you are fishing, so I will leave it there.

manilaseagull

Used to be Swindonseagull
Yes. What of it? What are they going to do? Beat the shit out of her? Give her a slap and tell her she deserved it? Tell her to put the kettle on? Say "there there", scratch their balls and ask for the stadium big screen to be switched over to Top Gear?

Fortunately I am confident you are fishing, so I will leave it there.

Players should not be allowed to argue with the referee FULL STOP, football could look at rugby or cricket where only the Captain is allowed to talk to the ref/umpire

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Players should not be allowed to argue with the referee FULL STOP, football could look at rugby or cricket where only the Captain is allowed to talk to the ref/umpire

It does cease to amaze me that the FA do not clamp down on their own rules. The 'Respect the Referee' campaign died a death. Send players away or book them if they do not respond to your first command. Request that the captain speaks in an orderly manner and refrains from a foul mouthed tirade. They will soon get the message if players start getting booked and start missing games. Simple, shirley?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
the irony is, she was right.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

Gordon Bennett. Shall we ban women from the army or any or the services, just in case she might come into contact with a member of the male species?

I'm pretty certain that Cian wouldn't be where she is today if a group of men happened to 'gang on her' and send her crying, pleading for a copy of Woman and Home and a cream covered hot chocolate.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Professional broadcasters should know better than this.

From the written and audio evidence it would appear Keys is in a worse position than Gray, and I think his position on a channel that has many female football presenters is now untenable, not to mention the views of the many hundreds of thousands of female viewers who will now think Keys is a twat (if they didn't already).

Justice would be a sacking for Keys, slap on the wrist for Gray, promotion to Keys replacement for Clare Tomlinson.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Anyone remember Mike Newell on lineswoman Amy Raynor, November 2006?

"It is bad enough with the incapable referees and linesmen we have but if you start bringing in women, you have big problems. Amy Raynor should not be here. I know that sounds sexist, but I am sexist.
"This is Championship football. This is not park football, so what are women doing here? It is tokenism, for the politically-correct idiots.
"She should not be here. I know that sounds sexist but I am sexist, so I am not going to be anything other than that."

I was in the room at the time for that one, fairly memorable. If you were giving him any 'credit', at least he revealed the depth of sexism for all to see rather than just kept behind closed doors. He also all but accused his then-chairman of being a crook/negligent in the same rant. So it cost him a fine from the FA - and then his job. Well done, sir.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'd love to see a Jade Goody-style "after the event" wave of telephone complaints from disgruntled women.

krakatoa

Jan 21, 2010
HOVE
Sian Massey had a good game at Wolves, far better than a lot of male linos i've seen lately. Gray and Keys should go the way of Ron Atkinson, they're boring now anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here