Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Andy Gray and Richard Keys....

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Anyone remember Mike Newell on lineswoman Amy Raynor, November 2006?

"It is bad enough with the incapable referees and linesmen we have but if you start bringing in women, you have big problems. Amy Raynor should not be here. I know that sounds sexist, but I am sexist.
"This is Championship football. This is not park football, so what are women doing here? It is tokenism, for the politically-correct idiots.
"She should not be here. I know that sounds sexist but I am sexist, so I am not going to be anything other than that."

I was in the room at the time for that one, fairly memorable. If you were giving him any 'credit', at least he revealed the depth of sexism for all to see rather than just kept behind closed doors. He also all but accused his then-chairman of being a crook/negligent in the same rant. So it cost him a fine from the FA - and then his job. Well done, sir.

It wasn't Championship football for long, at least not for Luton.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
We've all seen womens sport and how it doesnt match up to the mens ie football / cricket / tennis etc so they should just be kept to their own bits really.

Apologies to upset the PC brigade

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Football is a mans game (no it isn't) and should remain so (no it shouldn't), can you imagine the situation when a team strongly disagrees with a decision and surrounds a female official? (I can but how is that relevant?),if a female wants to get involved then she only has to contact a Womens league to provide her with the opportunity. (irrelevant)
I am sick of TV thinking they must have a women involved, that Gaby person who i believe had a father who was a professional footballer (Terry Yorath - ex Leeds and Wales) still makes the odd appearances and ex players are required to discuss the finer points of the game with her,(so what)fortunately with Sky + you can zap out the parts you dont require.(like Richard Keys and Andy Grey)

I suppose it's instructive to learn that these still exist, and didn't die out millions of years ago after all

dinosaur.jpg

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Get rid of Keys and replace him with Millie Clode, she's got great tits.

Even better, Millie Clode in a low-cut top with fake "monster-style" hairy hands for added humour...

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
In tennis they have both male and female umpires and line judges for men's and women's matches, and no one bats an eyelid.

Perhaps this is to do with the fact that these people are officiating rather than playing the game, and so all that is needed is an understanding of the rules and a pair of eyes.

Andy Gray's attitude to women (five kids by four different mothers), is well documented, so why is anyone surprised at his comments? He regards them as little more than spunkbuckets, and has no respect for them, but for some reason they keep throwing themselves onto his cock.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Gordon Bennett. Shall we ban women from the army or any or the services, just in case she might come into contact with a member of the male species?

I'm pretty certain that Cian wouldn't be where she is today if a group of men happened to 'gang on her' and send her crying, pleading for a copy of Woman and Home and a cream covered hot chocolate.

You've just given her a gender change...

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Weird thing is, Stoo was being sarky with his dumb comment. Tragically, dumb comments are a tour de force for you.

:facepalm:

I think that Jimbo is trying to say that men excel at irony, and women excel at ironing, or am I giving him too much credit?

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
... do me a favour love?!? Sack Keys and send Gray back to Haggisland... they know nothing about life up there. I heard Big Eck today talking about football.. do me a favour jocko..!!

Ooops :dunce::whistle:

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
2 sexist men working at Sky Sports. Blimey, who'd have thought it.

People have often compared Sky News to the Sun. Judging by this and the current crop of ladies appearing on Sky Sports News, I would guess that it has now attained the same level as the Sunday Sport.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here