Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Andy Gray and Richard Keys....

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Glad I've got rid of Sky Sports now after their pathetic comments and not giving them even more money. Most of the presenters are so far up their own arses. It's about time they got rid of Richard Keys and Andy Gray and brought in younger people - that know more about football.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
and this...

Breakfast with Dad during the transfer window is embarrassing. I still can't believe he tried to pay using Robbie Keane as a makeweight.
12:57 AM Jan 22nd via Twitter for iPhone

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I wonder who it will be tonight.....should make interesting viewing at least

Didn't some guy from an itv morning show sign for sky sports (does the sunday morning show with kammy), I'm sure I've seen him present some of the 'B games' I want to say Ben Shepherd, but I have no idea who that is. He might be an actor in emmerdale for all I know...

TheBlueAndWhiteStrips

May 27, 2009
Huntingdon
Andy's furious to be fair, he just sent this text; "If they get a bird to present MNF, DO NOT let her play Farmville on my giant iPad".
:lolol:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Dear God,
Please can you maker ALAN GREEN say something stupidly sexist in the very near future.

Cheers,
Simster

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Talk about overreaction. Is anyone really honestly offended, doubt the lino is that fussed and has faced far worse. Granted they shouldn't have said it but some of the reaction is purely comical

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I don't think people on here are calling for their heads purely over this incident.

Its just a rather nice possibility that this MIGHT be enough to finally get rid of these two odious wankers who are both way, WAY past their sell-by dates. Personally I'd be delighted if they got the boot, I couldn't give a shit what for. They've been dickheads for some considerable time now, and its high time they were moved on. If Sky can hang their sacking on these "unacceptable comments" then so be it. Bloody marvellous, I'd say.

Exactly.

Grays views are held up as the final word on any matter (in fact, that is the title of a section of the show isn't it?) despite the fact that he often gets the rules of the game wrong. He endlessly says things until people are brainwashed into believing that the law is that it's an automatic red if you are "the last man" rather than it being dependant on the foul "denying a goalscoring opportunity." And don't get me started on his insistance that any "contact" in the box is somehow an automatic foul.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
I don't think James Richardson would admit to knowing enough about football to take a job as an analyst. He views himself much more as a presenter than an 'expert' I think.

Agreed, but I was thinking of him in the Keys role (minus the gorilla hands).

Saying that, you'd think Alan Shearer should know a thing or two as a football 'expert', but I have yet to hear him say anything insightful, original or interesting about the game.

Agreed, but I was thinking of him in the Keys role (minus the gorilla hands).

Saying that, you'd think Alan Shearer should know a thing or two as a football 'expert', but I have yet to hear him say anything insightful, original or interesting about the game.

Ah yes that makes sense, sorry I must have had a bit of a mental block! I know he's said in the past that he'd love to do something like MotD, so I assume it'd be the same for the Sky Sports gig, but to be honest I'd hate to seem him reduced to trying to get some sense out of Jamie Redknapp and Andy Gray (or whichever dimwit they got to replace him).

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Ah yes that makes sense, sorry I must have had a bit of a mental block! I know he's said in the past that he'd love to do something like MotD, so I assume it'd be the same for the Sky Sports gig, but to be honest I'd hate to seem him reduced to trying to get some sense out of Jamie Redknapp and Andy Gray (or whichever dimwit they got to replace him).

I'd like to think he might be able to drag the standard up to slightly above the drivel currently produced and I'm sure he'd happily struggle along with the idiots for the pay cheque he'd be picking up. It would, however be a crying shame if he had to give up the football weekly podcast

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Didn't some guy from an itv morning show sign for sky sports (does the sunday morning show with kammy), I'm sure I've seen him present some of the 'B games' I want to say Ben Shepherd, but I have no idea who that is. He might be an actor in emmerdale for all I know...

Ben Shepherd is a decent shout as to who it could be tonight.

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
Watched the Blackburn game and Andy Gray completed peed me off. West Brom player goes down on edge of box, replay indicates it was inside, and Gray just went on and bloody on, seemingly ignorant of the fact that no West Brom player, especially the guy who was bought down, made a song and dance about it. Only Andy Gray Officials have hard enough job without the likes of him

He needs taking out like Cloughie took out Motson in this interview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqAZsoF-ghw

Starts to get good about 3 minutes in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here