Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Andy Gray and Richard Keys....

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Dear God,
Please can you maker ALAN GREEN say something stupidly sexist in the very near future.

Cheers,
Simster

There has been plenty of minors over the years but somehow Green gets let off. He once referred to the chinese player (whose name i've forgotten) for Man City as 'Chicken Chow mein' with an hilarious play on words in relation to his shirt number.

I had the switch the radio off yesterday due to his constant moaning about how shit the Blackburn West Brom game was. It could be worse mate, you could be emptying bins, it's not that bad a life.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
There has been plenty of minors over the years but somehow Green gets let off. He once referred to the chinese player (whose name i've forgotten) for Man City as 'Chicken Chow mein' with an hilarious play on words in relation to his shirt number.

I had the switch the radio off yesterday due to his constant moaning about how shit the Blackburn West Brom game was. It could be worse mate, you could be emptying bins, it's not that bad a life.
DKM once perfectly encapsulated everything that was wrong with Alan Green on here. Basically, you want to be listening to someone who would happily pay to watch if it wasn't his job to do so. You really need to feel some enthusiasm. All Alan Green ever does is moan and whine whenever the game isn't a five star occasion. "this is awful. This AWFUL. It's DIRE" etc. Which wouldn't be so bad coming from an ex-pro, but coming from a fat ugly hack like Green it is vomit inducing.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
DKM once perfectly encapsulated everything that was wrong with Alan Green on here. Basically, you want to be listening to someone who would happily pay to watch if it wasn't his job to do so. You really need to feel some enthusiasm. All Alan Green ever does is moan and whine whenever the game isn't a five star occasion. "this is awful. This AWFUL. It's DIRE" etc. Which wouldn't be so bad coming from an ex-pro, but coming from a fat ugly hack like Green it is vomit inducing.

This.

ALL this.

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
Glad I've got rid of Sky Sports now after their pathetic comments and not giving them even more money. Most of the presenters are so far up their own arses. It's about time they got rid of Richard Keys and Andy Gray and brought in younger people - that know more about football.

Likewise

Tomnorthi

Jan 2, 2010
BN15
What twats :facepalm:
Should be replaced by this chap:
6.jpg

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Sky Snorts

Glad I've got rid of Sky Sports now after their pathetic comments and not giving them even more money. Most of the presenters are so far up their own arses. It's about time they got rid of Richard Keys and Andy Gray and brought in younger people - that know more about football.

I agree entirely. Why a jock and a hairy ape continue to report on the English Premier League I have no idea. (I'm not being racist or anti animals here, but I would prefer to listen to reporters who know what they are talking about and I can understand!).

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Talk about overreaction. Is anyone really honestly offended, doubt the lino is that fussed and has faced far worse. Granted they shouldn't have said it but some of the reaction is purely comical

Yes, I am offended.

They have effectively said that approximately 30 million people in this country cannot possibly be expected to know the rules of the game and therefore have no place at a game of football. What the hell has your gender got to do with your ability to read a rulebook and apply it to a match? I know the rules of football better than a hell of a lot of people on here, I can promise you that.

I can live with tools like Gray & Keys slagging officials off, they may be wrong 80% of the time but that's what they're paid to do. What I can't accept is them singling out a particular official BEFORE she's even got on the pitch, purely because, not having a cock, they have decided that she cannot possibly be competent. THAT is why it's offensive, because they have assumed that BECAUSE she is a female, she will be shit. Not based on her performance, not based on her record or reviews, but because she is a woman.

That is hugely offensive to me, and, you may be surprised to know, plenty of the male posters on here. If you really cannot understand why that offends, well you need a few lessons in life.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Yes, I am offended.

They have effectively said that approximately 30 million people in this country cannot possibly be expected to know the rules of the game and therefore have no place at a game of football. What the hell has your gender got to do with your ability to read a rulebook and apply it to a match? I know the rules of football better than a hell of a lot of people on here, I can promise you that.

I can live with tools like Gray & Keys slagging officials off, they may be wrong 80% of the time but that's what they're paid to do. What I can't accept is them singling out a particular official BEFORE she's even got on the pitch, purely because, not having a cock, they have decided that she cannot possibly be competent. THAT is why it's offensive, because they have assumed that BECAUSE she is a female, she will be shit. Not based on her performance, not based on her record or reviews, but because she is a woman.

That is hugely offensive to me, and, you may be surprised to know, plenty of the male posters on here. If you really cannot understand why that offends, well you need a few lessons in life.

Not only would I totally get all that, but I don't think it is okay that muppets in the studio witter on about referees (male or female) when they don't know the rules themselves. I remember hearing Dave Bassett once, and was amazed at his ignorance of the rules, or the changes in the rules since he was a manager. But he was being employed as an 'expert', so he should have made it his business to learn them. There's another one who would score highly on the Keys/Gray sexism scale.

Just on this subject - who's for Alan Brazil and Ronnie Irani's sportsman's dinner at Brighton Racecourse in March? I'm tempted to go along with a dictaphone, it'd be like shooting fish in a barrel.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
He is one of the main reasons there is a hate campaign against refs, his non stop abuse of them during and after game should not be allowed.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Be careful what you all wish for.

they might ditch Keys, and replace him with Tim bloody Lovejoy...

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
I watched that game and in the first half when they had a contentious offside flag go up from the lady lino, Andy Gray was already building it up to be the big cock-up of the day and lo and behold when they show the replay she was spot on - queue silence from Gray, no backtracking, I turned to my son and said what a tosser he was then, building her up for a big slagging off then not having the decency to say, well done lino and then perhaps talk about how long she`s been in the game and about female linos etc, just silence, then lo and behold their true feelings are revealed in a taped chat.

The bloke is an utter tool and is full of shit. Deserves the sack.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Seriously, who's going to be the replacements? It would be a masterstroke to put a woman at the helm tonight instead of the booted-off sexists. I know there are lots of newsreaders, but are there any main woman presenters at Sky Sports?

Offensive, sexist nonsense - and nothing less. Anybody who thinks it is just a bit of harmless banter (Heyhoe-Flint's line), or doubts that anyone could really be offended by it, should try and look outside their own little, ignorant bubble.

Of course, I don't think any of us should be surprised by any of this. Gray and (to a very slightly lesser level) Keys are complete morons. And let's be clear about this - Sky's coverage of football, in the sense of how many games they cover, isn't bad; but their coverage of football, in the sense of how it is presented, is shit. And Gray, in particular, is one of the main reasons for that. And not just for the sexism.

Tomnorthi

Jan 2, 2010
BN15
Seriously, who's going to be the replacements? It would be a masterstroke to put a woman at the helm tonight instead of the booted-off sexists. I know there are lots of newsreaders, but are there any main woman presenters at Sky Sports?

Georgie Thompson, Charlotte Jackson, Alex Hammond, Natalie Sawyer.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Claire Tomlinson ?
More of a roving reporter and occasional newsreader, but she always comes across well. I'm sure she could carry it off.
Grays giant iPad is a tedious waste of time anyway, so they could ditch that tonight as well.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Posted a few weeks ago that Gray should have been booted off long ago. Lets while we are at it clear a lot of the so-called pundits out.,Crooks,Lawro,Hansen just to start with.

franks brother

It didn't really sound like a joke if you listen to them. They shound like 2 bitter old men. Richard Keys really is an odious little cretin and that twat Andy Gray sits and recites the same archaic football cliche's and tactical ineptness that keeps England 20 years behind the rest of the world.

I would sack them for being shit at their jobs not for being sexist

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here