Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

And we allow the shame of Das Reich to pollute this site

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
OK.

I assume, then, that there is no automatic procedure for ensuring that new members don't share an IP address with a previously banned username?

There is nothing automated.

If the account looks legit - normal looking username, probably Albion related, email address and a normal looking IP address I'll probably activate the account without making any further checks.

If stuff looks a bit suspicious, I'll try some or all of the following...

- Find other NSC users with the same IP address
- Search Facebook for the registered email address
- Search Twitter for the registered email address
- See which country the IP address resolves to
- Search DBs of known spammers for the registered email address

I think, given the size and profile of NSC, we do a pretty good job of keeping the door shut to spammers and associated bad-doers.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
You were about as clear as mud , and given your form for slagging your own countery , who knows what you wer on about, and by the way, you always give your hasty google searches away by late editing, why not justt admit you dont know ?

What wasnt clear Bushy?
As ive always had an interest in WW1, im more familier with its history... Its quite well documented, and I thought a 'Londoner' would have quoted it before the ridiculous answer of Guernica...im sorry if you have made yourself look a prat here...again...dont blame me for your inadequacy..

oh, and when you feel ready to produce an example of my 'anti Britishness'...feel free to do so.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
There is nothing automated.

If the account looks legit - normal looking username, probably Albion related, email address and a normal looking IP address I'll probably activate the account without making any further checks.

If stuff looks a bit suspicious, I'll try some or all of the following...

- Find other NSC users with the same IP address
- Search Facebook for the registered email address
- Search Twitter for the registered email address
- See which country the IP address resolves to
- Search DBs of known spammers for the registered email address

I think, given the size and profile of NSC, we do a pretty good job of keeping the door shut to spammers and associated bad-doers.

I agree and wasn't questioning anything really, just a curiosity that occurred to me as an offshoot of my earlier question.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I agree and wasn't questioning anything really, just a curiosity that occurred to me as an offshoot of my earlier question.

I'll often let duplicate accounts in, when I notice them, as I'm genuinely curious to see what they get up to.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
What wasnt clear Bushy?
As ive always had an interest in WW1, im more familier with its history... Its quite well documented, and I thought a 'Londoner' would have quoted it before the ridiculous answer of Guernica...im sorry if you have made yourself look a prat here...again...dont blame me for your inadequacy..

oh, and when you feel ready to produce an example of my 'anti Britishness'...feel free to do so.
Guernica, wasnt an "answer" to anything, it was a correction to your ridiculous mention of Rotterdam in relation to the first bombing of civilians and the mass casualties of ww2 , quite why you felt the need to go off on a tangent about ww2 is anybodies guess, although mine would be that you did a gooogle search, and came up with that, the editing of many of your posts would evidence that.

oh do me a favour , you mentioned rotterdam as an example of when their were first mass casualties due to area bombing , i corrected you, you're showing yourself to be a bit of a cock, again.

Wouldn't the first casualties of area bombing be in WW1 due to the Zeppelins?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I was clearly talking about ww2...as you know...
Your attempt to show how 'clever' you are was to mention the Condor Legions attacks in Spain.. ?? Nothing to do with WW2...
As that was clearly the conversation, your interjection was rather pointless..as well as incorrect..

any luck finding some proof about me being 'un-British'...

psss..im amazed you having dragged this thread down to 'Brown people in London', but there is still time I guess.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Just out of interest El Pres, do the Mods have to individually authorise each account/user name before a person is allowed to post?

As a general rule no, we work on a principle of trust, and also rely on the good citizens of NSC to report trolls, spammers and such like to us via the 'report post' function.

There are some times during the year, (for example just before and after playing Palace) when we change the rules to prevent NSC from descending into Carry on Caravanning as that lot decide to gloat. It wouldn't be so much of a problem if the Albion actually did the decent thing and stuffed Palace.

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
According to Tinkerbell folklore , some of those pink fairies commited some of the worst attrocoties in the whole of Dingly Dell in an effort for all other fairies to wear some colour pink.
Those that didn't had their wings pulled off ........ This is just going to encourage extreme fairyism .

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
As a general rule no, we work on a principle of trust, and also rely on the good citizens of NSC to report trolls, spammers and such like to us via the 'report post' function.

There are some times during the year, (for example just before and after playing Palace) when we change the rules to prevent NSC from descending into Carry on Caravanning as that lot decide to gloat. It wouldn't be so much of a problem if the Albion actually did the decent thing and stuffed Palace.

How very dare you, bring football into it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here