Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

And we allow the shame of Das Reich to pollute this site

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
People didn't fight and die so that Das Reich could make his point. People fought and died so that this country wasn't run by those who share similar views to the likes of Das Reich. There is a big difference.

If you went around the postwar UK in 1945 calling yourself Das Reich, and wearing Nazi clobber, I'm pretty sure people wouldn't have been shaking your hand telling you they fought the war so you could carry on like that. That said, I'm not of the view he should have his name changed.

its about freedom - its about letting abu hamza use the human rights laws that he wants to fight against and destroy every day - that's the point.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Would anyone object to a user-name like 'operation Basra'?

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Would anyone object to a user-name like 'operation Basra'?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
its about freedom - its about letting abu hamza use the human rights laws that he wants to fight against and destroy every day - that's the point.

Not sure what point you are trying to make. Why are you bringing human rights into it? The Second World War pre-dated human rights convention and laws.

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
Seem to me like it boils down to a few things:

1 - usernames are chosen on an individual basis and reflect the individual user, we should all be allowed to choose what names we like, we should also all be allowed to judge those individuals based on the usernames they adopt.

2 - Given the above, I choose to respect the fact that the board member Das Reich chooses to use that name. I also adhere to my individual right to think of him as a total tossbag for adopting that username and whilst having never met him, would expect him to be a bit dim, lacking any form of worldly wisdom, and potentially a neo-nazi scumbag.

Lawson

Feb 25, 2012
I'm no Anthony Beevor on the history front, but just remind me how many French villagers did Lenin massacre?

How many Polish did he kill? how many of his own people? how many Eastern Europeans? The numbers dwarf the death toll of the French under occupation by the Nazis and even this event has a relatively small death toll and is the most famous example of Nazi persecution of the French. I was just highlighting the one-sided attitude that people have in Britain that is to correctly condemn the crimes of the Nazi's but to forget others who have committed the same crimes, and that is largely due to the distance from them and their allied status in World War Two. People look at Stalin and Lenin almost like Genghis Khan, they don't view them for the crimes they committed that were as serious as those and on a larger scale even than the Nazis.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach

2 - Given the above, I choose to respect the fact that the board member Das Reich chooses to use that name. I also adhere to my individual right to think of him as a total tossbag for adopting that username and whilst having never met him, would expect him to be a bit dim, lacking any form of worldly wisdom, and potentially a neo-nazi scumbag.

Seems to me that you are being overly kind here.

1 - usernames are chosen on an individual basis and reflect the individual user, we should all be allowed to choose what names we like, we should also all be allowed to judge those individuals based on the usernames they adopt.

GNF????

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
I've said it many times on here and I'll say it again.
[MENTION=12697]Steve Foster[/MENTION] is the most offensive username for me. He is using a real persons name to peddle pretty hateful pro-Israel bigotry on here and and it's allowed to continue.

Flex Your Head

have i ever glorified that on here :rolleyes:

But how does it make you feel when you read those facts? Does it re-affirm to you that you've chosen a username that reflects the real you? Do you understand why people may perceive you to be pro-nazi?

I remember posting recently about the wankers who chanted Sieg Heil rather than Sea-gulls at a Norwich game years ago, accompanied by the Nazi salute. Your response was to post your usual 'whistling' smilie.

How would you deny that you are a nazi sympathiser?

Jello Biafra

Aug 8, 2011
people who bleat on about Nazi-sympathisers are being totally ahistorical. Hitler modernised the transport system, eg autobahns. We enjoy plenty of benefits from the work of Nazi scientists, IG Farben, Volkswagen employed slave labour. Should we boycott VW showrooms? Anti-semitism wasn't invented in 1920s Germany. It is endemic to christian culture. The Jews killed Christ is constantly peddled by christian fundamentalists throughout European history. Anti-semitic pogroms were common in the Russian empire pre-1917. Check the massacre of Jews in York in 14th century. Napoleon created mayhem in Europe, the death count was lower than WW2 because of technology. How many Bavarians can you massacre with swords, horses and primitive rifles and cannons? Liverpool city centre was built on slave blood money. The UK and US economy benefitted greatly from slave economies.
I've been on anti-racist demos in Newcastle, facing up to skinhead, geordie EDL-types so I couldn't give a monkey's if you think I'm some closet pro-Nazi. I just look at history from a balanced perspective, not through the lens of zionist-fascist bully boys and their cheerleaders. I'm also about one sixteenth Jewish. Rest of me is native British. The only people who should be banned for constantly getting the wrong end of the stick are the bleaters. I've no idea who this chap is but if I saw a post of his, cheerleading Hitler inanely, I might send an appropriate response, if I had nothing better to do. I wouldn't bleat about how he should be banned.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Das Reich...really, you are a pathetic individual, who doesnt have the balls, or courage of his convictions...if youre afraid to explain the reason for your name, then whats the point?
As for Bomber Harris..please...go on...whilst remembering who started the bombing of civilian cities.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here