Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

And we allow the shame of Das Reich to pollute this site

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Sorry if this thread contains content too grown up for you,perhaps you could hi-jack a different topic.
Very fair comment. Incredible that anyone could be making jokes. If you don't want to discuss the issue properly then just stop posting and let the thread disappear.

raymondbriggs

Dec 21, 2008
on a snowman plough
Do you remember the tv ad

LA LA LA LA LA LA LOOK-IN
Still have one copy left with The Jam on front cover from October 1979

You still possess Spandau Ballet records :mad:

:lolol:If I keep getting told off on NSC I'm gonna get expelled soon :facepalm:
Sorry a few of us are trying to bring some humour and nostalgia to such a turgid thread

No problem,you are keeping the thread on page one even if you dont regard my thread as "important or relevant" some of us feel(well I do)that common decency should hold some sway on here,that a pathetic attempt to use a name to generate a reaction should not go unchallenged.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Sorry if this thread contains content too grown up for you,perhaps you could hi-jack a different topic.

Or I could just say this bluntly f*** off slagging other members of NSC off , go on now report me or start a thread about T Soprano being a ganster and shouldn't be allowed to use a ganster username , you DIRTY RAT

raymondbriggs

Dec 21, 2008
on a snowman plough
Or I could just say this bluntly f*** off slagging other members of NSC off , go on now report me or start a thread about T Soprano being a ganster and shouldn't be allowed to use a ganster username , you DIRTY RAT

Why would I do that to a man who can only quote the film not the book,swimming with the fishes!!!!!!!

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
But perhaps a book is too hard for you,or even a film.Telly is so much more accesssable.

You're very judgemental
Which sums up your opening post implying Someone who uses a username DAS Reich is a vile piece of scum just because of a username
Incidentally are you really the author Raymond Briggs

raymondbriggs

Dec 21, 2008
on a snowman plough
You're very judgemental
Which sums up your opening post implying Someone who uses a username DAS Reich is a vile piece of scum just because of a username
Incidentally are you really the author Raymond Briggs

Well,actually no and no.I am suggesting Das Reich is a vile piece of scum because he has posted content that glorifies Nazi war crimes not just because of his username.
And no I am not the author but he holds no copyright over the username raymondbriggs,my use of this title dates from the infamous NSC "greatest xmas films of all time"wars between the awful film "starring" frozen water and the most fantastic Muppet Christmas Carol.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Have you actually bothered to read the article in the link posted on page one?

No :lolol:

Anyway, come on Raymond Shirley you must see the funny side of a thread that starts of on page one talking about DAS reich and the panzer division and ends up talking about a 70s kids tv magazine ( that was goldstone rappers fault ) only on NSC eh
Sorry mate if I didn't take your thread seriously no hard feelings :thumbsup:

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009

If I understand this thread correctly, there are some individuals that are seeking to introduce a ban on offensive usernames?

Ironically, as with any censorship, I have the same view as Raymond Briggs...................that is the man as oppose to the username.

When he was asked...............what is your favourite word? Raymond Briggs said.............'No.' It means freedom.

QA: Raymond Briggs, 73, illustrator and writer | Books | The Guardian

In my experience it's not a username that identifies a fascist its what they post...................we evidently have some on this thread...................I think they should be banned.

Lawson

Feb 25, 2012
im just wondering if i changed my name to NKVD or Lenin/Stalin would you find it offensive? people obsesses too much about the Nazis and forget the bloody communists.

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
im just wondering if i changed my name to NKVD or Lenin/Stalin would you find it offensive? people obsesses too much about the Nazis and forget the bloody communists.

I'm no Anthony Beevor on the history front, but just remind me how many French villagers did Lenin massacre?

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
You are also not very bright. No-one is suggesting that we have an SS panzer division posting on NSC.

What people are suggesting is that for the Mods to allow Das Reich the freedom to make his very stupid point is, at best, a serious misjudgment.

haven't read the whole thread so this might have been said - but didn't people fight and die so people like das reich can make there point - its very much like the guy that burnt the poppy.... I would rather live in a society that allowed poppies to be burnt of a forum that allowed das reich to be used as user name.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
haven't read the whole thread so this might have been said - but didn't people fight and die so people like das reich can make there point - its very much like the guy that burnt the poppy.... I would rather live in a society that allowed poppies to be burnt of a forum that allowed das reich to be used as user name.

People didn't fight and die so that Das Reich could make his point. People fought and died so that this country wasn't run by those who share similar views to the likes of Das Reich. There is a big difference.

If you went around the postwar UK in 1945 calling yourself Das Reich, and wearing Nazi clobber, I'm pretty sure people wouldn't have been shaking your hand telling you they fought the war so you could carry on like that. That said, I'm not of the view he should have his name changed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here