Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

And we allow the shame of Das Reich to pollute this site

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010
I presume to walk down the street and see Volkwagons everywhere is intolerable for all those calling for Das to change his username? Do they think that that all those Golf and Passat owners have the blood of the slave labourers employed in the Volkswagon factories during the war on their hands?

Jan 30, 2008
I presume to walk down the street and see Volkwagons everywhere is intolerable for all those calling for Das to change his username? Do they think that that all those Golf and Passat owners have the blood of the slave labourers employed in the Volkswagon factories during the war on their hands?
i haven't changed my name though :thumbsup:

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
As much as the crimes of the SS were,in most cases it was "You shoot them or you'll be shot"....what would you have done ? I'm not for one minute saying they were right,they comitted some terrible crimes...as did the Russians,the Americans and British,Japanese...no country was blameless and remember...there are good and bad amongst all people...history records the evil.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I have to say that the whole DR thing just made me think of a quite old, overweight (probably short, but i'm not that tall myself), single individual, had his best moments in the early 80s, State supported, who had managed to get himself an old computer.

Pretty Pink Fairy doesn't (but maybe i'm miles out here)

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
He may be in a relationship, but i've just had my dinner so didn't want to go there....

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
As much as the crimes of the SS were,in most cases it was "You shoot them or you'll be shot"....what would you have done ? I'm not for one minute saying they were right,they comitted some terrible crimes...as did the Russians,the Americans and British,Japanese...no country was blameless and remember...there are good and bad amongst all people...history records the evil.

Oh dear. You've not really read anything on this subject to base this opinion on have you? Just a sweeping generalisation.

Why don't you invest £7 and have a read? http://www.amazon.co.uk/Das-Reich-Division-Military-Classics/dp/0330509985/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1360014726&sr=1-1

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
But we both know i'm not miles out, don't we :wink:
From what I can gather you're hundreds of miles out, I last saw das reich about 25 years ago, the only bit you're correct about is old , if you cound 50 ish as old, he's not single, not fat , as tall as me 5'11, and has a job , not sure how old his computer is though.

i have to say that the whole dr thing just made me think of a quite old, overweight (probably short, but i'm not that tall myself), single individual, had his best moments in the early 80s, state supported, who had managed to get himself an old computer.

Pretty pink fairy doesn't (but maybe i'm miles out here)

Last time i saw him he had a blonde crew cut was well over 6ft tall and had two blonde haired blue eyed aryian babes on his arms???

Milton Keynes Seagull

Sep 28, 2003
Milton Keynes
One of the funniest post i have read :facepalm:

The second World War was fought to protect laws and human rights against tyranny.

The Second World War was fought because Poland had been invaded by Germany to whom Britain and France had guaranteed help in that eventuality. As to why we didn't also declare war on Germany's ally at that time the tyrannical Soviet Union when they invaded Poland a few days later is another question all together. What a shame that an equally odious and repressive ideology (Communism) succeeded in Eastern Europe where the Nazis failed. Tyranny triumphed for for 45 years in Eastern Europe until thankfully the red flag was consigned into history in 1989/90.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007

The SS were different to regular troops, these were people commited to Nazism.And to answer your question if I was faced with the choice, gun down 200 men,women and children into a ditch they have dug themselves then I would rather be shot actually. I could never live with myself.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
One of the funniest post i have read :facepalm:

The second World War was fought to protect laws and human rights against tyranny.

No. It was fought to protect national interests and prestige. The more idealised version emerged much later, and 'human rights' emerged as a way to give a rationale for why all the bloodshed wasn't in vain. Not many politicians were talking about human rights in 1939.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
No. It was fought to protect national interests and prestige. The more idealised version emerged much later, and 'human rights' emerged as a way to give a rationale for why all the bloodshed wasn't in vain. Not many politicians were talking about human rights in 1939.

from books i have read ww2 was mostly about stopping the box heads over-running europe.........and their allies in other parts of the world. any way i'm surprised this thread is still going ....... load of twonk.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here