Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

An example of too many human rights, lack of proper punishment and useless parents

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Seconded.

Amazing how many peope are trying to say that the riots are the fault of the Left/Guardianistas/"do-gooders"/liberals etc - people who abhor violence.
Might just as well say that the Chav SCUM who are rioting and looting are taking to the extreme a political philosophy which says 'there's no such thing as society; just ME, ME, ME, and I'll grab what I want and F**K everyone else because I'm a selfish anti-social piece of sh**t'. But, no, let's all blame the Left , the Guardian and sociologists; that way, we don't need to use our brains!

Interesting that most if not all have grown up under a left wing government-

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
That being said I am not blaming the middle class themselves. Do not misunderstand me in that, I am talking about who the government talk too, or appear to aim their policies at. I am aware that in the main it is the needs of big business that are actually paramount to most government policies. I am just making the point that the lower classes do not feel like the government(s) actually care about them, and to them the middle classes are the rich just as much as big business is.

Whether the various Governments' policies pander only to the rich or big business is debatable. However, most people are employed by big business and rich people. Tax them too highly, and they leave the country, taking their jobs and money with them. The lower class, often through lack of education or understanding, often have a chip on their shoulder and a paranoid feeling that the Establishment is out to get them. Whether this is because this is actually true or not, is also debatable as is the idea they suffer simply from social envy.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
Loving the way HovaGirl is shooting her mouth off and setting her self-defeating agenda from 2,000 miles away.

Carry on.

I'm British. I was at the match on Saturday. My children, parents and siblings are all still in Britain and I want to be back in Britain, riots notwithstanding. I'm as entitled as you are to my opinions. And I love Baba O'Reilly.

Jul 30, 2011
London
Seconded.

Amazing how many peope are trying to say that the riots are the fault of the Left/Guardianistas/"do-gooders"/liberals etc - people who abhor violence.
Might just as well say that the Chav SCUM who are rioting and looting are taking to the extreme a political philosophy which says 'there's no such thing as society; just ME, ME, ME, and I'll grab what I want and F**K everyone else because I'm a selfish anti-social piece of sh**t'. But, no, let's all blame the Left , the Guardian and sociologists; that way, we don't need to use our brains!

LOL :clap::clap:

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
yep, how will it pan out though - it is interesting.

a) put strong amount of heavy handed police in = push the lid on the boiling kettle, creating more torque for months to come - a bigger powderkeg.

b) stay as is = and there is mass looting for nights to come.

c) talk to the community, listen, open up forums, = still looting for a few more nights, but a more hopeful future.

i prefer 'c' but i think it has probably gone too far, the youths are too far disgruntled.

this is what happens when a country is run by public school elitists in with the arms corpsand banks, they forget to look at all aspects of a country.

I disagree. I think this is what happens when a country stigmatises its public school elitists (those trained to lead) and puts in place a generation of people in charge who don't know what they are doing.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Which 'left wing' government was that, then?!

Like your style,still the last one which despite it's move still remain deep seated to the left.

1997-2010 most of the youth on the streets are of an age to have known no different.

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
I disagree. I think this is what happens when a country stigmatises its public school elitists (those trained to lead) and puts in place a generation of people in charge who don't know what they are doing.

Are you referring to the Fettes- and Oxford-educated Tony Blair?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

true-hence why the exam pass results year by year go up,the standard drops.

How many people would pass an exam paper say from 1986 to an exam paper from 2011-

Jul 30, 2011
London
Ah, your tag-line is probably my all-time favorite lyric, by one of my fave bands of all time

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

HMHB one of the best bands ever to have graced my ears! Off to see them in a few weeks - cannot wait!!!

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
On Radio London they have just interviewed two teenage girls, sitting drinking looted wine,and it went something like this;

"Great innit, we showed them we can do what we want"

"Showed who?"

"The Government, the Conservatives or whoever, we showed them we can do what we want"

"But these are local people you're hurting, your own community"

"Yeah, but they're rich aren't they, they've got their own businesses, we showed the rich we can do what we want. It's great"

Yes of course it's all down to the Conservatives. Nothing to do with an underclass who expect everything for free, are rabidly jealous of anyone who has more than them, are inherently lazy and have no concept of contributing to society

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Are you referring to the Fettes- and Oxford-educated Tony Blair?

Tony Blair is a good egg-shame a lot of the others are not to his standard-oh lets elect the tea lady down the road-because it's fair,every body can win,we will fund her wages from defence cuts,and she can have the same standard of living as Mr Blair? But because we don't believe in defence our views on law and order are inextricably linked...NO deterrant = NO law & if another party replaces us,we will riot.

This could be close to the truth,or miles away,just a coincidence and so many factors come into play-but perhaps these riots have no connection to politics-but the conditions for them to occur can be helped to be put right by political decisions.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

They're stigmatised because, despite (wrongly) being geared for success or 'trained to lead', they do neither. They merely look after themselves and their friends. It's the nature of power. That's the way it has always been - and that attitude has resulted in what we have now.

It's just now and again, someone else has a turn to 'lead'.

You cannot train to lead - you either have leadership skills or you don't. To think you can be randomly selective in who you can and can't train to lead is arrogant assumption in the extreme.

I would happily see your right to free speech revoked! Instead of being scared of the little scroats, do something about it, other than bitch on a forum. Grow a pair of nads and next time you see some low level crime or vandalism, intervene.

I'd quite happily do something about it. Give me a machine gun, bull whip or let me run them over.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Like your style,still the last one which despite it's move still remain deep seated to the left.

1997-2010 most of the youth on the streets are of an age to have known no different.

I'm not trying to be clever or provocative, but seriously, how can you describe as remotely Left-wing a Government/Party which: privatised parts of the NHS/encouraged businesses to run schools/introduced top-up fees for universities/was 'quite relaxed about people becoming filthy rich'(@Mandelshite)/refused to regulate the banks/pandered to 'the City' and big corporations while repeatedly ignoring the views of ordinary people/aligned itself to American neo-cons' military interventions around the globe/allowed the gap between rich and poor to reach record levels (for the 20th Century)/constantly pandered to the Daily Mail?

Is that your definition of 'left wing'?!

Apart from the ban on fox-hunting and the minumum wage, NuLab continued with virtually all the policies of the Thatcher-Major Governments.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here