Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

An example of too many human rights, lack of proper punishment and useless parents

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
That being said I am not blaming the middle class themselves. Do not misunderstand me in that, I am talking about who the government talk too, or appear to aim their policies at. I am aware that in the main it is the needs of big business that are actually paramount to most government policies. I am just making the point that the lower classes do not feel like the government(s) actually care about them, and to them the middle classes are the rich just as much as big business is.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
the current system is set up so the rich get richer and the poor get poorer, this is not sustainable and symptoms of the deep rooted anger and frustration will manifest as riots and violence.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
The looters have realised that they can do what they do and there is not much the police etc can do about it

No detterant = No law.

I will be happy to have and be told that my tax will be increased to pay for more prisons-longer sentences for the feckless & long term useless.very happy.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Exactly this huge difference in wealth cannot be ignored. One thing you will find in all the countries that have rioted and protested this year is huge disparity between rich and poor.

Tell you what, there are plenty of countries around the world where where the gap between rich and poor is far, far greater than here. These are countries with no Welfare system, no free health care and so on. DO they have riots ? Not often. Before anybody asks I refer to countries such as The Philippines, just about all countries in South America not to mention most of Africa or the Indian sub continent. Mind you it's fair to say that they tend to have far more severe methods of dealing with civil disobedience.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
the current system is set up so the rich get richer and the poor get poorer, this is not sustainable and symptoms of the deep rooted anger and frustration will manifest as riots and violence.

Some truth in this yes but having said that there are a lot of countries that have the same scenario but the situation is far worse.

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
The looters have realised that they can do what they do and there is not much the police etc can do about it

yep, how will it pan out though - it is interesting.

a) put strong amount of heavy handed police in = push the lid on the boiling kettle, creating more torque for months to come - a bigger powderkeg.

b) stay as is = and there is mass looting for nights to come.

c) talk to the community, listen, open up forums, = still looting for a few more nights, but a more hopeful future.

i prefer 'c' but i think it has probably gone too far, the youths are too far disgruntled.

this is what happens when a country is run by public school elitists in with the arms corpsand banks, they forget to look at all aspects of a country.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
yep, how will it pan out though - it is interesting.

a) put strong amount of heavy handed police in = push the lid on the boiling kettle, creating more torque for months to come - a bigger powderkeg.

b) stay as is = and there is mass looting for nights to come.

c) talk to the community, listen, open up forums, = still looting for a few more nights, but a more hopeful future.

i prefer 'c' but i think it has probably gone too far, the youths are too far disgruntled.

this is what happens when a country is run by public school elitists in with the arms corpsand banks, they forget to look at all aspects of a country.

Option D-

Let the riots continue-allow the houses of parliament to come close to attack-many innocents to be killed,and a tipping point is reached in this country.

...where

finally laws are changed and the needs of the majority,the law abiding,hard working majority are with the aid of zero tolerance on socially unacceptable behaviour at all levels,putting the needs of the COLLECTIVE HUMAN RIGHT FIRST.

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
Tell you what, there are plenty of countries around the world where where the gap between rich and poor is far, far greater than here. These are countries with no Welfare system, no free health care and so on. DO they have riots ? Not often. Before anybody asks I refer to countries such as The Philippines, just about all countries in South America not to mention most of Africa or the Indian sub continent. Mind you it's fair to say that they tend to have far more severe methods of dealing with civil disobedience.

Yes, they do.

Philippines: 4 Reported Killed as Filipinos Try to Storm Palace - Los Angeles Times

Argentina: President resigns after riots leave 22 dead in Argentina | Mail Online

Venezuela: Riots Break Out in Venezuelan Capital After Chavez Pulls Plug on Opposition TV Station - International News | News of the World | Middle East News | Europe News - FOXNews.com

Kenya: Dozens die in Kenyan riots | World news | The Observer

South Africa: BBC NEWS | Africa | South Africa vows to stop riots

India: BBC News - Politician jailed for seven years over India riots

Bangladesh: Dozens injured in Bangladesh riots - Central & South Asia - Al Jazeera English

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle

Seriously? No riots in the Phillipines how about these water riots from last year. Philippine Water Riots

India? 2010 Deganga riots

South America? How about last years Argentine squat riots, or the Bolivian fuel riots from earlier this year? I could carry on but I think my point has been made.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Its completely unfounded statements like this that make the NSC such a vibrant forum!

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Hovagirl - It may interest you to know that I am a Sociology lecturer, at this moment I am shocked and disgusted by what I am seeing developing in our capital and beyond. I also read the Guardian by the way. Quite how you are putting the blame at the likes of myself is quite frankly an insult.

In fact, you may as well say that lots of this looting is due to Capitalism if you want to hunt for a reason as it drives greed, look how many images there are of youths with a 32inch Plasma under their arm.

By all means be disgusted and annoyed by the events of the last 3 days, I know I am, but leave the Guardian bashing out of it.

Seconded.

Amazing how many peope are trying to say that the riots are the fault of the Left/Guardianistas/"do-gooders"/liberals etc - people who abhor violence.
Might just as well say that the Chav SCUM who are rioting and looting are taking to the extreme a political philosophy which says 'there's no such thing as society; just ME, ME, ME, and I'll grab what I want and F**K everyone else because I'm a selfish anti-social piece of sh**t'. But, no, let's all blame the Left , the Guardian and sociologists; that way, we don't need to use our brains!

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
I'm not laying the blame for all of this solely on the door of the Guardian, but on the way in which British society has disintegrated during the past 40 years. The looters left baby clothes dangling in trees. TVs and mobile phones are much easier to sell. Whether this is for drugs or to supplement their benefits, I don't know, but part of the problem is the lack of jobs for these young people, and a lack of direction or sense of purpose. A whole generation of young people are bored out of their minds, with nothing to do and nowhere to go, and no money to do anything with.

How is ANY of this the fault of The Guardian?

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
All those things you listed happened to the lower classes too. Except they were never on the property ladder to begin with so can't re-mortgage to help their kids and they never had cars or businesses to burn.

Well, I know quite a few lower-class people who have done just that, only now they are considered part of Middle England. On the other hand, I know other people who have had good jobs and mortgages and ended up on benefits. It works both ways.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing

The police are constrainted by the PC brigade and the ambulance chasers. If they go in hard then you watch the PC brigade going on about human rights, brutality etc. They are in a 'no win' situation.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
close, but i would say it is the generation growing up and looking at the system they are forced to live in that is based on:

greed.
materialism.
elite few being rich.
mass corruption.
high taxes.
corporate and banking giants who care for money over humans and the planet.
the external.
status.
nationalism.
egoism.
toxic food and entertainment.

under this system the planet (nor the species probably) is long term sustainable, plus all empires come and go in waves. the chaos coming in a few years is just the system dying, it is as natural as the moon and the tides.

Yes, it's the end of an era. This system has been developing and growing for the past 2,000 years. But the bubble has burst because it got too big. So, yes, I agree with you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here