Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

An example of too many human rights, lack of proper punishment and useless parents

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
true-hence why the exam pass results year by year go up,the standard drops.

How many people would pass an exam paper say from 1986 to an exam paper from 2011-

One of the reasons why exam results go up each year is due to competition.

For each GCSE or A Level subject, there are several Exam Boards, each competing for a 'contract' from a school or Sixth Form to use their syllabus and Exam.

Schools and Colleges (concerned about League Table ratings) will naturally go for the Exam Board which offers the most As and Bs, which means that the Exam Boards themselves feel obliged to award more As and Bs. If they give out more Ds and Es to weak students, they will lose their contracts with schools. Simples.

So much for the mantra that competition always leads to higher standards!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I'm not trying to be clever or provocative, but seriously, how can you describe as remotely Left-wing a Government/Party which: privatised parts of the NHS/encouraged businesses to run schools/introduced top-up fees for universities/was 'quite relaxed about people becoming filthy rich'(@Mandelshite)/refused to regulate the banks/pandered to 'the City' and big corporations while repeatedly ignoring the views of ordinary people/aligned itself to American neo-cons' military interventions around the globe/allowed the gap between rich and poor to reach record levels (for the 20th Century)/constantly pandered to the Daily Mail?

Is that your definition of 'left wing'?!

Apart from the ban on fox-hunting and the minumum wage, NuLab continued with virtually all the policies of the Thatcher-Major Governments.

The core of their support-the very people who voted for them would be a start-what they do when in power is upto them,but as i am not left wing i did not vote ,yes i agree that they have done wonders for the NHS,but in privatisation etc,it makes me wonder where all the money went be this the case,re certain military conflicts i agree on some others not-

A right of centre left wing party failing was not a party to take us forward-but you will tell me it's all about right wing policies that are wrong full stop,so i will agree with you to a point and say,the left messed up,on so many levels-right to the core of who they are.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Or Durkheim's theory of anomie!

Indeed. Society only works with a sense of solidarity and community, the more detached a group (or individual) breeds resent and a state of anomie. That is the biggest thing that has struck me, how can you smash up the shop of one of your neighbours and feel no guilt?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Indeed. Society only works with a sense of solidarity and community, the more detached a group (or individual) breeds resent and a state of anomie. That is the biggest thing that has struck me, how can you smash up the shop of one of your neighbours and feel no guilt?

An awful lot have no education and have no clue-thick as pig-sh$t-they really have no concept of their actions or consequences-WHAT? WHEELIE? DID I DA THAT!!!

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
An awful lot have no education and have no clue-thick as pig-sh$t-they really have no concept of their actions or consequences-WHAT? WHEELIE? DID I DA THAT!!!

Hmm, I suppose you have to learn guilt rather than it being a natural reaction. The clip being shown this morning of the theft out of the backpack of the blooded guy though actually makes me feel sick, how can anyone not feel guilt for that :(

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'm not trying to be clever or provocative, but seriously, how can you describe as remotely Left-wing a Government/Party which: privatised parts of the NHS/encouraged businesses to run schools/introduced top-up fees for universities/was 'quite relaxed about people becoming filthy rich'(@Mandelshite)/refused to regulate the banks/pandered to 'the City' and big corporations while repeatedly ignoring the views of ordinary people/aligned itself to American neo-cons' military interventions around the globe/allowed the gap between rich and poor to reach record levels (for the 20th Century)/constantly pandered to the Daily Mail?

Is that your definition of 'left wing'?!

Apart from the ban on fox-hunting and the minumum wage, NuLab continued with virtually all the policies of the Thatcher-Major Governments.
Well, there have been posts on here I've agreed with, and many that I haven't - but that just about sums it up for me. Politicians, of whatever alleged hue, have their snouts in the trough. Arthur Scargill was instrumental in breaking the power of the NUM (and the Unions generally), closing down the British mining industry, and was the best aide in those matters that the Thatcher ever had. He was left wing. He didn't end up poor, did he?

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside
The phrase "do-gooders" IS an insult, because such people assume they are the only ones capable of doing good and that such good must be done their way. They do not allow that most people are good people and that there will always be a small section of society which is bad. They do not use argument or logic to act out their ideas. They use guilt. If you do not agree with them, you must be a Bad Person.

Bang on this about sums it all up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here