Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amy Winehouse - looking good

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Blimey if your calm I would not like to be near you when your aggressive. Have a good evening.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Blimey if your calm I would not like to be near you when your aggressive. Have a good evening.

Never been aggressive in my life, and i doubt it's going to change.

How can you be aggressive on a forum? I haven't threatened you or anything Gareth. Aggressive is saying "I want your head on a stick" or something like that. I really think you need a reality check if you find a 20 year old woman on a forum aggressive!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Probably

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Nice to see the broadmindedness of the judgmental patrons of NSC at it again. I agree that Ms Winehouse has issues but she's also a human being. There's a whole lot of reasons behind any addiction but until you've had one it's all to easy to be smug about those who do.

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
Just discovered this thread. Time for me to back up Uncle Spielberg. The lack of human compassion shown so often on NSC is just deeply depressing. Yes, so Amy Winehouse has huge problems in her personal life. But she also has huge creative talent, and a simply incredible singing voice.

For me, her contribution to the sum of human artistic achievement is likely to outweigh those of pitiless, anonymous, football message board no-marks whose only consideration is whether 'they would' or not. ( One thing is certain. Faced with their dubious offerings, Ms Winehouse most definitely would not. )

I hope Amy Winehouse gets the help she so clearly needs. If she doesn't, and is destined to die young, she will still be leaving behind something unique and of lasting value. How many of the rest of us can hope for that?

Nice to see the broadmindedness of the judgmental patrons of NSC at it again. I agree that Ms Winehouse has issues but she's also a human being. There's a whole lot of reasons behind any addiction but until you've had one it's all to easy to be smug about those who do.

Says the guy who wished cancer on others :shootself

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
Why did you bring it up then?

because the point i was making was i that find it a little hypocritical that someone so sensitive to comments about her own 'issues' finds someone else's 'issues' so amusing especially when that person wants to be a nurse. like it or not, you did state that you were laughing at Winehouse's appearance.

i wasn't saying her 'issues' are worse than yours or vice versa and i was keeping it very vague. you are the one who got all specific about your particular situation - so why did YOU bring it up?

Of course I feel sorry for the kid, I said it earlier. No-one should go through what you di with a heroin addiction, i've seen addiction and withdrawal on my last placement, and it certainly isn't nice. What needs to be asked is why she hasn't been sectioned - it's going to be the only way she gets through it.

i'm just saying that i think you have a strange way of showing your compassion for 'the kid'. did you laugh at the appearance of the addicts you saw on your placement?

US - You're really laughable.

for stating an opinion?

anyway, i've expressed my point of view in a number of ways now. as usual, we'll just have to disagree. let's put an end to this before it's takes the very short leap into total binfestry.

good point for the lads today...time for a :drink:

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Just saying, if Amy Winehouse wasn't on drugs & didn't have mental health problems (apparently), she'd still be rough as a badgers arse.

footychick

Nicola
Dec 8, 2005
Soham, United Kingdom
Thing is though US yes a few of us may have dabbled with the odd joint or a line of Charlie, but if you start smoking crack you are gonna get hooked ! She wasn't a mentalist before the drugs, so it's her own fault. It is a shame because she is a cracking (no pun intended) singer but we all know the dangers of CRACK

I've smoked crack before :blush: and I didn't get hooked (thankfully)

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I thought she was a singer. Very little comment on that in this thread.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here