Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amy Winehouse - looking good

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
She's mentally ill because she pumps herself full of drugs.

I'm with Uncle S on this. I think he's hit the nail on the head when he talks about empathy for the human condition. Some people have addictive personalities, some people are genuinely unhappy or psychologically damaged and some of those people use drugs as a mask. I think Amy fits into this.

It might help her if the press didn't stick cameramen outside her house and follow her all the time. It must be so depressing to live your entire life in the public eye.

We, as a society, help create the conditions to drive people like Amy to oblivion and then we mock when these same people can't cope.

Hmmm....I'm bloody deep this morning. unno why. I'm hungover as hell.

Anyhoo....I agree with Uncle S, who once again disproves this myth he peddles on here about himself.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Laura with your Nursing work I know you are more qualified than me to comment but I just think the fact she looks ill is not really a subject for laughing at.

I don't think it is something to laugh at - i wasn't laughing (apart from her skin - minging!). That girl should be detained under the Mental Health Act - but what can you do?

Feb 2, 2007
Japan
When did i say they deserve to die? I just said i have no sympathy with them, and i have members of family who have f***ed themselves over with both.

So I'm guessing that you showed no sympathy or tried to help the members of your own family that f***ed themselves up. You are all heart, mate.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I saw an episode of the Fast Show not long ago and in one sketch involving a nativity play Amy Winehouse can be clearly seen aged about 12, sitting in her costume amongst the shepherds. It must be very sad to see your child grow from being a sweet apple of your eye to someone who rejects the comfort of her family and friends and finds solace in drugs and drug users.

Also, judging by her appearance on the show at such an early age it does beg the question as to whether starting in showbiz at such a young age is good for children?

So I'm guessing that you showed no sympathy or tried to help the members of your own family that f***ed themselves up. You are all heart, mate.

Everyone knows the risks of excessive drinking or drug taking before they start doing it, so you reap what you sow.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
There are a lot of callous people in the World and on NSC in particular. I had a friend who was sexually abused as a child. As an adult, not being able to come to terms with the events and the disgust and not ever coming to terms with what had happened to them they almost drank themselves to death to deal with this and blank it out. Its not quite as cut and dried and callous as you make out. They no doubt they " reaped what they sowed ".

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
There are a lot of callous people in the World and on NSC in particular. I had a friend who was sexually abused as a child. As an adult, not being able to come to terms with the events and the disgust and not ever coming to terms with what had happened to them they almost drank themselves to death to deal with this and blank it out. Its not quite as cut and dried and callous as you make out. They no doubt they " reaped what they sowed ".

:thud:

Do you ever worry that you take NSC - and, indeed, life - waaaaay too seriously?

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey

I can't see how that relates to anything on here - every person is different, and from what i am aware Wino has had a pretty decent life. You really do go overboard sometimes!!!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Laura why is it you go out of you way to disagree with EVERYTHING I ever write or EVERYTHING I ever post , I am fed up with this hosility, what have I done to upset you so much and the story is entirely relevant as it contrdicts a lot of things people have said about people drinking to excess or taking drugs bringing it on themselves as there are reasons and I take great offence to you disregarding this comment out of hand.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
This thread has really wound me up :angry:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Why 1-0 , got just get lost the lot of you lifes too short to be spending it on line which such a bunch of muppets. Time to get out.

So you're saying he didn't know drinking was NOT the answer to his problems?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
:thud:

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I'm with Uncle S on this. I think he's hit the nail on the head when he talks about empathy for the human condition. Some people have addictive personalities, some people are genuinely unhappy or psychologically damaged and some of those people use drugs as a mask. I think Amy fits into this.

It might help her if the press didn't stick cameramen outside her house and follow her all the time. It must be so depressing to live your entire life in the public eye.

We, as a society, help create the conditions to drive people like Amy to oblivion and then we mock when these same people can't cope.

Hmmm....I'm bloody deep this morning. unno why. I'm hungover as hell.

Anyhoo....I agree with Uncle S, who once again disproves this myth he peddles on here about himself.

Completely agree. I've seen a bit of alcoholism, and it was very obviously an attempt to forget or ease the pain of some fairly serious personal issues. Just because those issues don't seem major to your or I doesn't mean that they aren't major to the person suffering them. Amy's voice was and is outstanding, and yes, she has probably had a life thousands of us would want (until her recent years) but some inner demon has reared its ugly head in her and she's used drugs to block it out. Doesn't excuse using drugs - but society could show a little more understanding. Especially those buying tabloid magazines and papers just to gawp at her mess.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Laura why is it you go out of you way to disagree with EVERYTHING I ever write or EVERYTHING I ever post , I am fed up with this hosility, what have I done to upset you so much and the story is entirely relevant as it contrdicts a lot of things people have said about people drinking to excess or taking drugs bringing it on themselves as there are reasons and I take great offence to you disregarding this comment out of hand.

I'm not - I think you'll find i'm voiving an OPINION.

And your views tend to contradict mine - i'm not going to walk on eggshells just because it's you Gareth.

challengechappers

Sep 14, 2005
once drugs take serious control of you then it's not a case of "just stopping", the user has no lucid understanding of their predicament- drugs change personalities, that's why they're bad !! unless she's Sectioned, there's little hope for her even with all her millions.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Completely agree. I've seen a bit of alcoholism, and it was very obviously an attempt to forget or ease the pain of some fairly serious personal issues. Just because those issues don't seem major to your or I doesn't mean that they aren't major to the person suffering them. Amy's voice was and is outstanding, and yes, she has probably had a life thousands of us would want (until her recent years) but some inner demon has reared its ugly head in her and she's used drugs to block it out. Doesn't excuse using drugs - but society could show a little more understanding. Especially those buying tabloid magazines and papers just to gawp at her mess.

Everyone has eccentricities. Some like to do dangerous sports, ride fast motorbikes, eat too much etc. I class drinking too much and taking drugs in this category.

Anyone is entitled to live life as they want to, as long as it does not impact on others.

So if they die as a consequence then that was their decision, Who are we to interfere.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here