Amy Winehouse - looking good

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
She has a mental illness.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Is she mental ill because she takes drugs ,does she take drugs because she is mentally ill. Anyway she has problems and the fact she looks like shit is hardly a reason for celebration by all the baying masses of NSC , who of course have never drunk to excess, never taken any drugs, never done anything ill advised.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
100% correct.....this country is in tatters due to the softie-softie approach of the likes of Uncle S...:censored:

Well intentioned the softly softly approach may be but it doesn't work. However, what are the options ? Imprisoning junkies isn't very affective as drugs aren't hard to come by in jail. There really needs to be more availability of rehab centres as fewer junkies ultimately means less crime.

Oh yes, much stiffer sentences for dealers.

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Thing is though US yes a few of us may have dabbled with the odd joint or a line of Charlie, but if you start smoking crack you are gonna get hooked ! She wasn't a mentalist before the drugs, so it's her own fault. It is a shame because she is a cracking (no pun intended) singer but we all know the dangers of CRACK

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
It's a debate that people will rarely come to agree on.

The point I was making is that before you point and laugh (and I've done it - many times - on NSC) you should know that this girl is metally ill to the point where she pulls out her own teeth.

Now you have a context within which you can decide whether it's funny that she looks like crap or not.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Well intentioned the softly softly approach may be but it doesn't work. However, what are the options ?

For the worst cases like her the problem will resolve itself fairly soon - she will die. End of issue.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I have no sympathy for people who f*** themselves up on drink and drugs.

Quite a sweeping statement that. In that case you have no empathy for the Human condition. Do you now even want to know whats in a persons make up or what has happened in their lives to turn them to self destruction on drink or drugs , they just deserve to die.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Is she mental ill because she takes drugs ,does she take drugs because she is mentally ill. Anyway she has problems and the fact she looks like shit is hardly a reason for celebration by all the baying masses of NSC , who of course have never drunk to excess, never taken any drugs, never done anything ill advised.

She's mentally ill because she pumps herself full of drugs.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It doesn't help I am sure but how do you know she would not still suffer from or has suffered from mental illness without the drugs ?.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Laura with your Nursing work I know you are more qualified than me to comment but I just think the fact she looks ill is not really a subject for laughing at.

Quite a sweeping statement that. In that case you have no empathy for the Human condition. Do you now even want to know whats in a persons make up or what has happened in their lives to turn them to self destruction on drink or drugs , they just deserve to die.

When did i say they deserve to die? I just said i have no sympathy with them, and i have members of family who have f***ed themselves over with both.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here