Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

All you postmen out there

Neil

Eastie
Aug 27, 2010
Langney
Have any posters who are postmen changed over to this new way of working where we go round in pairs with one driving and one walking?
We started it the other week and I cant see how it can work.
We are having pairs not finishing till 6 o'clock with too many packets that they have to deliver that were previously delivered by separate drivers.
The rounds are bigger and we have had our staff reduced but they have got in extra managers to help out :wanker:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Could you please also pick up your elastic bands when you've finished with them? ;-)

Neil

Eastie
Aug 27, 2010
Langney
I suppose you dont drop your dog ends or let your dog sh1t on the pavement mr perfect

Last edited:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Should have tried harder at school

Neil

Eastie
Aug 27, 2010
Langney
thing is now the postmen have to sort their own mail as well as brochures and A4 letters ,deliver the packets and parcels , sort and deliver up to six pieces of junkmail as well as delivering the letters.
Before the postmen only just delivered mail twice a day.
So much for progress and all the poor postman gets is abuse for late mail

Last edited:

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
thing is now the postmen have to sort their own mail as well as brochures and A4 letters ,deliver the packets and parcels , sort and deliver up to six pieces of junkmail as well as delivering the letters.

All for only £550 a week

So £27k a year. Sounds like a pretty good wage for unskilled labour.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Your on a loser here neil, this is the home of perfect prick that finds fault in anything and everything. As above they are a few c*nts here but they have nowhere else to go

BLESS

:lol: Point proven

My postie pulled out a blinder last week. A friend sent me a birthday card, and it had no house number (my friend had forgotten which number I lived at), the wrong road (she'd written 'Drive' when it's actually 'Close'; the Close splits off from the Drive) and the wrong postcode. And it still only took two days to get to me. Ruddy impressive.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
A van drops off 2 or 3 bags of letters etc just inside the front door of our flats and then the postmen eventually gets to us and picks them up to deliver on his bike. Great security anybody could walk off with a bag or two of post.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood

Nice to have bit of support...... but- in the 20 odd years ive been a postman I've always had to sort my own mail -brochures , A4 letters & packets have always been a part of it as have 3 items of junk per house . The problem is that by putting 2 men in a van Royal Mail can now make 4 rounds into 3, get rid of the 4th postie and the driver who used to deliver the parcels & extra bags, its not progress its penny pinching and was a large part of why we went on strike.Those of you who called us lazy money grabbing bastards might like to think about that when an important piece of post turns up at teatime when you've been waiting all day for it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here