Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

All you postmen out there

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Slightly off topic but a fellow albion fan and postie friend of mine Sean, (who I'm sure many others on here know) was bitten yesterday by an Alsatian while on his rounds out Lancing/Southwick way .

Having seen photos on facebook looks horrible :sick:

Wishing him the best for a speedy recovery

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I haven't read all of this thread but I have sympathy for the posties. In general they're trying to do a decent job in very difficult conditions. Lay off.

Neil

Eastie
Aug 27, 2010
Langney
Yep all sounds familiar.
We're 3 months in, and nights are just coming out.
I don't think your supposed to be out of the office any earlier, I leave at 9:45, but never any later than 10.

problem is our cut off time is 1.40pm with all our rounds 4 hour 15 mins so we have to be delivering our 1st letter by 9.25am it takes 10 minutes to get to the start of our round that makes it 9.15am meal relief 30 minutes 8.45am so we are over an hour late behind before we even start .
They also want me to start at 8am soon.
SO start 8am, sort , do households , tie up ,sort packets , do redi's, load van, have meal relief and drive out to start of round in 45 minutes....what planet they on.:nono:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You did well to get that.
Our cut off is 2:15 to 2:30, I'd be well happy with 1:40

Neil

Eastie
Aug 27, 2010
Langney
sorry1.40pm is without meal relief , it should be 2pm because we go 20/20 ....... 20 minute break and 20 taken off the end

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
silly question for you posties but what happens if you need a piss or a shit ?

RM are modifying the vans , there will be a slops bucket and a bog roll provided.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Slightly off topic but a fellow albion fan and postie friend of mine Sean, (who I'm sure many others on here know) was bitten yesterday by an Alsatian while on his rounds out Lancing/Southwick way .

Having seen photos on facebook looks horrible :sick:

Wishing him the best for a speedy recovery

At least the CWU legal department will sort out his compensation claim. Has the dog been put down ?

FOOTSKI

Sep 30, 2010
Kent
problem is our cut off time is 1.40pm with all our rounds 4 hour 15 mins so we have to be delivering our 1st letter by 9.25am it takes 10 minutes to get to the start of our round that makes it 9.15am meal relief 30 minutes 8.45am so we are over an hour late behind before we even start .
They also want me to start at 8am soon.
SO start 8am, sort , do households , tie up ,sort packets , do redi's, load van, have meal relief and drive out to start of round in 45 minutes....what planet they on.:nono:

Neil what is tony wiggs doing about it?

Mar 10, 2006
He is based at Eastbourne which is apparently the flagship office for the revision. The revision there was implemented properly because staff had a full involvment and were able to put their ideas forward to ensure that things were tweaked around to make things work. They also had good planners in there. From my understanding planners are turning up at other offices with no knowledge of the local geography and are acting like the Gestapo by totally ignoring postmens input and just ploughing ahead based on what the computer churns out. To many of you that may seem fair enough but a job like that can not be pinned down to how many seconds it takes to deliver to a house and how many packets etc you get as the variations are too great

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Has anyone had the short Scottish woman planner?
She was mental, everything, and I mean everything we said that didn't agree with her, she took as a personal attack!.

We had her and one other, neither of them had ever done a revision before!.

She was mental, everything, and I mean everything we said that didn't agree with her, she took as a personal attack!.

Wanderbus, if you are out there is that who I think it might be?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Wanderbus, if you are out there is that who I think it might be?
Even though she's Scottish, I don't imagine there can be many people as objectionable as her.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood

Neil

Eastie
Aug 27, 2010
Langney

None of us were consulted at our office but when we started and one person had their walk tested by a union rep and a manager and was 1 and a quarter hours longer than the planners said it would take , the planners said he must have been slow but in fact he had been going too fast. The planners who didnt even know the area said "the computer can't be wrong".:nono:
I've been told that Eastbourne are bringing in extra duties to deliver packets and parcels on rounds that are unachievable so they dont go over:facepalm:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here