Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

All you postmen out there

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
A van drops off 2 or 3 bags of letters etc just inside the front door of our flats and then the postmen eventually gets to us and picks them up to deliver on his bike. Great security anybody could walk off with a bag or two of post.

if you reported that the driver that drops it off would be sacked, all non secure bags are supposed to be passed hand to hand

Neil

Eastie
Aug 27, 2010
Langney
My postie pulled out a blinder last week. A friend sent me a birthday card, and it had no house number (my friend had forgotten which number I lived at), the wrong road (she'd written 'Drive' when it's actually 'Close'; the Close splits off from the Drive) and the wrong postcode. And it still only took two days to get to me. Ruddy impressive.

People are quick enough to moan when a letter doesnt arrive but dont like giving praise when they realised the poster put the wrong address on it.
Had someone moan about a birthday card not arriving once saying it had £20 in it , they were ranting about postmen being thieving bstards and it turned up after it had been wrongly written out as Brighton instead of Eastbourne.
I purposely knocked on the door and gave it to him and just slammed it in my face after taking it from me

Neil

Eastie
Aug 27, 2010
Langney
A van drops off 2 or 3 bags of letters etc just inside the front door of our flats and then the postmen eventually gets to us and picks them up to deliver on his bike. Great security anybody could walk off with a bag or two of post.
Not allowed to use bikes anymore in my office !!!

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
My postie pulled out a blinder last week. A friend sent me a birthday card, and it had no house number (my friend had forgotten which number I lived at), the wrong road (she'd written 'Drive' when it's actually 'Close'; the Close splits off from the Drive) and the wrong postcode. And it still only took two days to get to me. Ruddy impressive.

A friend of mine once sent me a birthday card addressed "The house with the yellow garage door" (he did get the road right), and it got to me ok. Unfortunately many of the things that are perfectly correctly addressed - to someone else - also get to me.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Partly why the system is changing.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Those of you who called us lazy money grabbing bastards might like to think about that when an important piece of post turns up at teatime when you've been waiting all day for it.

That's the point though, isn't it? How many genuinely important and time-critical pieces of post actually exist nowadays? I'm struggling to think of any...

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
That's the point though, isn't it? How many genuinely important and time-critical pieces of post actually exist nowadays? I'm struggling to think of any...

Indeed that's what secure internet pages or email are for !

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood

You may laugh but i know people who rely on getting their benefits early because they have no food for the day or money for the gas/ electricity meter.

Why it is pretty obvious that the management know about it but chose to turn a blind eye[/QUOTE said:
report them then, or get it on local radio, we had a similar situation in our office, management from top to bottom absolutely shit themselves at the thought of having to explain themselves to the media.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We're a couple of months in, and it's as you'd expect.
You could write down, before a van entered the unit, who would make it work and who would cut off.
I reckon my guesses would have been 95% right.

Myself and partner will always try and make it work, the loops are a pretty good guide line, but we use our own intelligence to make sure it works.

We've never had to cut off, in fact, we are between 10-30 mins up on each day. (an hour and 15 today)
We frequently had to take half of the previous day's post out, as the rounds were 'impossible'.

All in all it's nowhere near as bad as I thought, I loved riding the bike, but that's gone and this isn't the end of the world.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I have nothing but good words for my postman, I didn't realise so many had issues with them.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have no issue with the man who actually puts the bills through my letter box hence I would not report him but do object to them just leaving the bags for him or possibly anybody else to collect. Adam Crozier f....d up the FA then Royal Mail and now he is trying with a TV Company.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
We're a couple of months in, and it's as you'd expect.
You could write down, before a van entered the unit, who would make it work and who would cut off.
I reckon my guesses would have been 95% right.

Myself and partner will always try and make it work, the loops are a pretty good guide line, but we use our own intelligence to make sure it works.

We've never had to cut off, in fact, we are between 10-30 mins up on each day. (an hour and 15 today)
We frequently had to take half of the previous day's post out, as the rounds were 'impossible'.

All in all it's nowhere near as bad as I thought, I loved riding the bike, but that's gone and this isn't the end of the world.

Well done mate, at least your being honest. The truth is that there are a hardcore of posties who are determined NOT to make it work! - no matter what!!, I'm afraid that's why the company are in a mess.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I am afraid all posties are on a loser here. Ever since the PO started recruiting managers from the newly opened Universities in the 70's they have had a succession of numptys with needlework degrees being able to rearrange working practises to save money. All these changes over the years succeed in achieving is disgruntled staff and customers. Probably.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here