Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

All the Zaha stuff [Merged]

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
Now they know Winnie has been sold for an inflated price why wouldn't they hold out for the same sort of deal ?

I'm not sure they're in any kind of position to play hard ball when they're losing 14 million a season and in one year he'll be able to negotiate with other clubs and leave for free.

We bidded 1.5 million and I'm sure they'll get more than that but I'd be very surprised if we broke our transfer record as we've NEVER succeeded when spending serious money!

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
CPFC2010, DF and Ollie have all said he won't be sold for less than £20m. Apparently they told some (more) lies

Yes because that tactic whilst negotiating has never been done before :lolol:

Didn't most of you say we would never get 15 million for Wilf? Given that we get to keep him for the rest of the season the value of this transfer could be worth even more.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Zaha price

Didn't most of you say we would never get 15 million for Wilf? Given that we get to keep him for the rest of the season the value of this transfer could be worth even more.

So they didn't lie when they all stated categorically that it was £20m or he's not for sale?

£10m (possibly) rising to £15m (when a gold plated unicorn learns to knit gravy) is NOT £20m, not even using the palace method.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Yes. And we're right. You're getting £10m. You might get a bit more in time.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
The dilemma Bristol have is do they cash in on him in this window, or keep hold of him. At the end of the season, Adomah is into the last year of his contract, and possibly he may just run it down.
Any opening offer is normally turned down, so I expect Palace to go back in with another offer over the weekend, I hope so because I've been impressed with him every time I've seen him play.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I'm not sure they're in any kind of position to play hard ball when they're losing 14 million a season and in one year he'll be able to negotiate with other clubs and leave for free.

We bidded 1.5 million and I'm sure they'll get more than that but I'd be very surprised if we broke our transfer record as we've NEVER succeeded when spending serious money!

Palace were in the same situation when negotiating the price with Man United for Winifred , United knew CPFC2010 had to clear £10M of accumulated debt before the 2013/2014 started or they would be in the shit. The only thing in Palace's favour is the delay with them starting Bristol City's new stadium.

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
So they didn't lie when they all stated categorically that it was £20m or he's not for sale?

£10m (possibly) rising to £15m (when a gold plated unicorn learns to knit gravy) is NOT £20m, not even using the palace method.

Recently, they said that he will still be a Palace player this season, which he will be. Whether or not you choose to see that as lying as his registration will be with ManUre is upto you but we'll still get to see him for another 18 games which is fine by me. The £20 million figure we all know was NEVER going to be considered his real value but it certainly warned off clubs like Bolton from offered 3 million upfront again.

We're disappointed he's leaving but when we're set for 15 million or so from an academy player who cost nothing, I couldn't care less what CPFC2010 have said as this deal represents fantastic business which I'm sure you will agree.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The dilemma Bristol have is do they cash in on him in this window, or keep hold of him. At the end of the season, Adomah is into the last year of his contract, and possibly he may just run it down.
Any opening offer is normally turned down, so I expect Palace to go back in with another offer over the weekend, I hope so because I've been impressed with him every time I've seen him play.

Steven Dobbie is available at the same price as the opening bid for Adomah.

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
Palace were in the same situation when negotiating the price with Man United for Winifred , United knew CPFC2010 had to clear £10M of accumulated debt before the 2013/2014 started or they would be in the shit. The only thing in Palace's favour is the delay with them starting Bristol City's new stadium.

Where exactly has this been proven? We sold Clyne, Scannell and Ambrose in the summer for around £3.5 million total and Gardner, our biggest earner along with Ambrose left. Along with our cup run I find it hard to believe we would be "in the shit" come August 2013. They'll continue to finance us just like Bloom will finance your £8 million + losses per season.

I won't contest your second point given you're the experts on stadium delays, with respect of course.

upthealbion1970

NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Zaha price

Recently, they said that he will still be a Palace player this season, which he will be. Whether or not you choose to see that as lying as his registration will be with ManUre is upto you but we'll still get to see him for another 18 games which is fine by me. The £20 million figure we all know was NEVER going to be considered his real value but it certainly warned off clubs like Bolton from offered 3 million upfront again.

We're disappointed he's leaving but when we're set for 15 million or so from an academy player who cost nothing, I couldn't care less what CPFC2010 have said as this deal represents fantastic business which I'm sure you will agree.

£10m is a good bit of business, despite the final fee being undisclosed (you know it will). The £20m wasn't a one off - it's been trotted out so many times. All players that come through your academy DO cost money, unless your coaching staff do it for free in a public park :lol: hence the tribunal process. How much if the initial fee will be up front? Not £10m that's pretty certain, as for the rest its all ifs and buts, there's every chance Winnie could well end up warming the bench and not making the required number of 1st team appearances for that add on :shrug;

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

From another point of view he hasn't cost nothing , your club has invested in his training since a youngster (for every star , think of the number of youngsters who don't make it which has to be budgeted for). He has played in the first team for 3 years so his wages in that period of time must be close to £450k

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
£10m is a good bit of business, despite the final fee being undisclosed (you know it will). The £20m wasn't a one off - it's been trotted out so many times. All players that come through your academy DO cost money, unless your coaching staff do it for free in a public park :lol: hence the tribunal process. How much if the initial fee will be up front? Not £10m that's pretty certain, as for the rest its all ifs and buts, there's every chance Winnie could well end up warming the bench and not making the required number of 1st team appearances for that add on :shrug;

You know what I mean about academy players, nothing is literally free in this world and that's certainly true in the football industry.

I won't speculate on how much we'll get upfront but BBC Sport seem to think it's £10 million with £5 million in appearances and success. I don't pay attention too much to transfer fee's as it's the same for so many transfers now. We might receive £12 million in total but end up paying less for several other players than the announced fee so it's swings and roundabouts.

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
From another point of view he hasn't cost nothing , your club has invested in his training since a youngster (for every star , think of the number of youngsters who don't make it which has to be budgeted for). He has played in the first team for 3 years so his wages in that period of time must be close to £450k

The same as absolutely every player then, CMS must have cost you around £3.5 million so far on that basis?

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011

Are you being ignorant deliberately, or are you really just clueless?

The Zaha deal is widely reported as £15m, with £10m of that up front, and a 10% sell-on fee. We then get him back on loan for the rest of the season.

tweenster

Oct 16, 2009
Lincoln
Like it or loathe it, Palarse's academy is doing a good job in finding new talent. Whatever the price, this is a good business deal. Whether it eventually proves to be a good footballing deal for Zahahaha we will have to wait and see. As an Englishman, I hope Ferguson turns him into an international goal machine. We will all love him then!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Where exactly has this been proven? We sold Clyne, Scannell and Ambrose in the summer for around £3.5 million total and Gardner, our biggest earner along with Ambrose left. Along with our cup run I find it hard to believe we would be "in the shit" come August 2013. They'll continue to finance us just like Bloom will finance your £8 million + losses per season.

I won't contest your second point given you're the experts on stadium delays, with respect of course.

Parish said it himself on HOL radio , your club has to sell a player for big money every other season (2 year cycle) to wipe out the massive running costs because fickle fans won't turn out and support the club. Even with the transfer deals over the summer and the cup run there was a £5M loss last season and the same was projected for this season = £10M. The new mayor of Bristol has called for an inquiry into Bristol's new ground (Sainsburys are involved) so nothing will be known until October.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The same as absolutely every player then, CMS must have cost you around £3.5 million so far on that basis?

About right , I would say £4M by the end of the season :cry:

upthealbion1970

NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Zaha price

Are you being ignorant deliberately, or are you really just clueless?

The Zaha deal is widely reported as £15m, with £10m of that up front, and a 10% sell-on fee. We then get him back on loan for the rest of the season.

Clueless about what? The £20m? Widely reported means shit all until Winnie puts pen to paper (without dropping the pen obviously) which so far he hasn't.

Do you still think that form is not dictated by results Steve?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here