Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

All the Zaha stuff [Merged]

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
Parish said it himself on HOL radio , your club has to sell a player for big money every other season (2 year cycle) to wipe out the massive running costs because fickle fans won't turn out and support the club. Even with the transfer deals over the summer and the cup run there was a £5M loss last season and the same was projected for this season = £10M. The new mayor of Bristol has called for an inquiry into Bristol's new ground (Sainsburys are involved) so nothing will be known until October.

Nothing new there then, of course we lose money and a club which has 10,000 fans extra a game loses £3 million a season more than us which is incredible when you think about. I don't think other than Leeds there are clubs in The Championship who make any profits?

The board have said they'll stump up the money to cover the losses and we know we have to sell our academy stars now and then to finance this venture but we wouldn't be "in the shit" if we didn't sell a player for £15 million every 2 years. We're also in our "adventurous" season which is part of our three year cycle so I'm sure we will reinvest a decent portion regardless.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Parish said it himself on HOL radio , your club has to sell a player for big money every other season (2 year cycle) to wipe out the massive running costs because fickle fans won't turn out and support the club. Even with the transfer deals over the summer and the cup run there was a £5M loss last season and the same was projected for this season = £10M. The new mayor of Bristol has called for an inquiry into Bristol's new ground (Sainsburys are involved) so nothing will be known until October.

Sorry Soggy, wrong again.
The club lost £4.5 mill last season, which the owners covered. THIS season, we sold players for fees totalling around the £4 mill mark. Players in so far have totalled around £1 mill, so that's £3 mill in credit. With the money for Zaha being £10 mill minimum,and the increased attendances this season, it's looking hunky dory.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Sorry Soggy, wrong again.
The club lost £4.5 mill last season, which the owners covered. THIS season, we sold players for fees totalling around the £4 mill mark. Players in so far have totalled around £1 mill, so that's £3 mill in credit. With the money for Zaha being £10 mill minimum,and the increased attendances this season, it's looking hunky dory.

Didn't Parish say the playing budget was being increased by £40k a week , that in itself would wipe out £2M of the £3M of supposed credit ? The owners covered the loss for last season but want their money back along with any shortfall this season or are they going to write it all off ?

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Didn't Parish say the playing budget was being increased by £40k a week , that in itself would wipe out £2M of the £3M of supposed credit ? The owners covered the loss for last season but want their money back along with any shortfall this season or are they going to write it all off ?

With Gardner and Ambrose off the wage bill, I'm sure the new players wages have been covered.
Did Parish say that? Was this from one of your sources ?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
With Gardner and Ambrose off the wage bill, I'm sure the new players wages have been covered.
Did Parish say that? Was this from one of your sources ?

It was quoted on BBS so I assume its true.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
So..10 million.. Not a bad price. He wouldn't have fetched anywhere nr that a yr ago. Fair play to him. I do just hope he stops the diving as could be a gd player for England without the antics which is all I care about now. Glad palace have lost him, esp so young, but it was always going to happen. This is the harsh reality for Championship clubs like us. The loan back is v gd for palace I must say. One thing I fully admit that palace have got that I'm envious of is a top academy. Thankfully we will soon have this too with a huge catchment area :)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Worked out well for Palace. Good money and they get to finish the campaign with him. Hope he loses interest though :smile:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Re: Zaha price

Worked out well for Palace. Good money and they get to finish the campaign with him. Hope he loses interest though :smile:

Good deal for Palace, but Zaha's only real motivation now is surely just to avoid an injury which will ruin the move.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Zaha price

If Man Utd rated him so highly, wouldn't they sign him now rather than at the end of the season. Also, I know it's unlikely, but what if he gets a career threatening injury in the second half of the season? It seems a very strange move letting him stay with the scum till the end of the season. At least we get the remind him what a cheating arrogant c**t he is when he plays at the Amex.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here