Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

All the Zaha stuff [Merged]

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Re: Zaha price

Agreed, think both are worth about 7.5 tops myself, given the Walcott/Chamberlain precedents. Blackpool are getting mugged off at 6m just as much as palace are doing the mugging @ 12m.

I think everyone in thosee deals are getting mugged just because they are English players. Could get far better abroad for a quarter the cost

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think everyone in thosee deals are getting mugged just because they are English players. Could get far better abroad for a quarter the cost
Slight exaggeration there. Zaha may not be as good as Palace fans think, but he's worth more than 1/4 of £7.5m

Do the FL see the loan back deal as flouting the new FFP rules ? Palace would be making loan repayments to Manchester United from the initial transfer payment they get from Manchester United.

If there are rules to flout you can bet your bottom dollar that Palace are flouting them - they have previous - big time.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Slight exaggeration there. Zaha may not be as good as Palace fans think, but he's worth more than 1/4 of £7.5m

If Spanish Len was English he would have a £8M price tag.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
When Swansea bought Harley from Exeter, he was loaned back to Exeter for the rest of the season.

Rule change?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If there are rules to flout you can bet your bottom dollar that Palace are flouting them - they have previous - big time.

They are not flouting the rules , they are bending them to their own advantage :wink:

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012

Could you list these flouts phallus !

Palace fan seems to think that THE RULES regarding Loan Backs don't apply to them.

New LP

Good to see the Football League getting their knickers in a twist over an issue like this for no apparent reason

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I read that in the guardian and yet the sun is reporting 15m rising to 17m. I wonder which [MENTION=20004]Glenn-Murray[/MENTION] will claim is gospel yet discredit the other as newspaper rubbish? :rollseyes:

yesturdays Standard said 5m + 5m add ons. we'll probably never know for sure as it will be finalised as an "undisclosed fee". it presents CPFC2010 in an interesting problem as their fans will expect substantial investment in the squad and if they divulge a low fee/defeered payments then they'll be accused of underselling their prize asset.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here