Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

All the Zaha stuff [Merged]

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It was quoted on the BBC this lunchtime and a mate who supports united mentioned it was on Radio Manchester too
Are they good sources :shrug: We've heard so many different figures, and Palace have been Adam Ant that he wasn't for sale and it'd take £20m, so it's difficult to trust any of the reports.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
There is a rumour going around that in order to entice Zaha to Manchester he will be offered a new camper van to make him feel at home - it is a Winnie Bago.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Sounds about right:

Walshy ‏@1andOnlyWalshy
Zaha deal agreed. Staying with palace until summer. Initial 7.5mil rising to 12mil. Expect announcement soon :)
Sounds more realistic than the £17m comments on this thread.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We missed out there

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
Apparently we're in line for a loan signing as well, if it's 12 million with Wilf staying until June plus Nick Powell for the rest of the season I don't think there can be any complaints.

My only real gripe is that I'll have to watch ManUre next season with some interest if/when Zaha plays. With Moses at Chelsea it's becoming harder and harder to 100% hate the top 4!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Apparently we're in line for a loan signing as well, if it's 12 million with Wilf staying until June plus Nick Powell for the rest of the season I don't think there can be any complaints.

My only real gripe is that I'll have to watch ManUre next season with some interest if/when Zaha plays. With Moses at Chelsea it's becoming harder and harder to 100% hate the top 4!

They show all the reserve games on MUTV :thumbsup:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
That French winger was raised in London !
You're right though, he is a great player, and its amazing we picked him up for £250 k from Bristols reserves .

Is he qualified to play for England?

If so GET HIM IN

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Is he qualified to play for England?

If so GET HIM IN

He turned down the chance to represent Congo in the ANC.
Born in France to Congolese parents, he moved to England at a young age,so probably has a French/ British passport .

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
looks like its 12million and a loan back till the end of the season

looks like a good deal for Palace.

Whether he is worth 12 million we will have to wait and see, but Fergie is seldom wrong.

Personally I think it is good for English Football if he goes to the Prem and competes with the likes of Nani, Rooney etc. Hopefully it will make him a better player....the only worry for England is that the French winger palace have looks a better player!!!

There are a few un-happy fans on BBS today as there is some talk that the Football League will block any loan back.
Sir Alex has said, ok we will just keep him here in Manchester.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
There are a few un-happy fans on BBS today as there is some talk that the Football League will block any loan back.

Whilst I've always felt that a loan back wouldn't happen unless as a 93 day one, I can't possibly see on what grounds the football league would block a loan back. Anyone know any reason?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
But would CPFC go for that, or gamble on selling him in the summer instead?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Whilst I've always felt that a loan back wouldn't happen unless as a 93 day one, I can't possibly see on what grounds the football league would block a loan back. Anyone know any reason?

Do the FL see the loan back deal as flouting the new FFP rules ? Palace would be making loan repayments to Manchester United from the initial transfer payment they get from Manchester United.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

According to that its not £12m. It's £7.5m. £7.5m that will possibly rise, dependent on various factors, to an absolute maximum of £12m. Will only get to that amount if ALL parameters are met, so probably won't get that high.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Re: Zaha price

According to that its not £12m. It's £7.5m. £7.5m that will possibly rise, dependent on various factors, to an absolute maximum of £12.5m. Will only get to that amount if ALL parameters are met, so probably won't get that high.

I read that in the guardian and yet the sun is reporting 15m rising to 17m. I wonder which [MENTION=20004]Glenn-Murray[/MENTION] will claim is gospel yet discredit the other as newspaper rubbish? :rollseyes:

In all seriousness, if they get powell on loan that'd be a very good signing.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I read that in the guardian and yet the sun is reporting 15m rising to 17m. I wonder which [MENTION=20004]Glenn-Murray[/MENTION] will claim is gospel yet discredit the other as newspaper rubbish? :rollseyes:

In all seriousness, if they get powell on loan that'd be a very good signing.

If they manage £12m they've done brilliantly. Anything above that is frankly silly when compared to Tom Ince, a comfortably better player.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
According to that its not £12m. It's £7.5m. £7.5m that will possibly rise, dependent on various factors, to an absolute maximum of £12m. Will only get to that amount if ALL parameters are met, so probably won't get that high.

Now that Man United know that Arsenal only declared a passing interest in Winifred as leverage to get Walcott signing a contract extension they are in a strong bargaining position.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Re: Zaha price

If they manage £12m they've done brilliantly. Anything above that is frankly silly when compared to Tom Ince, a comfortably better player.

Agreed, think both are worth about 7.5 tops myself, given the Walcott/Chamberlain precedents. Blackpool are getting mugged off at 6m just as much as palace are doing the mugging @ 12m.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here