Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

All the Zaha stuff [Merged]

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Incorrect. Your poor attendances are an integral part of your continuing failure to get out of the Championship (upward I mean:lolol:) and the fact that your best players and managers keep leaving.

Your new owners have already described you as FICKLE and publicly stated to Holloway that part of his contract at Palace is to fill Selhurst ! Which looks like an impossible demand unless you cut the capacity to about 18k. Unfortunately, for a tinpot Club like Palace, the lack of passion by their fans ultimately kills ambition - it is a Catch22 for you.

Your academy at the moment is just about making up for what is lacking in fans. The "well" of young talent will soon run dry and then you are back in shit creek going cap in hand to the administrators again.

I might be wrong, but did I read somewhere that Palace have lost there acadamy status?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Who says we're going to be spending £1m+ on players ? We're potless remember !
The Palace posters on here are the ones that say you'll have money to spend if Zaha is sold. Were you under the impression that you'd sell Zaha for £15m and not be able to spend any of that on new players?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I might be wrong, but did I read somewhere that Palace have lost there acadamy status?

I thought they were being downgraded. Our new academy means we can widen the catchment area to include Greater London and beyond to recruit new youth talent.

paulie

Jul 27, 2004

You are wrong - we are one of 8 sides in the final stages of the u-18s Elite Division competition along with Chelsea and Southampton. Someone else will name the others.

Why is it even Soton can produce some talent but the Sussex boys would rather do something else?

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
You are wrong - we are one of 8 sides in the final stages of the u-18s Elite Division competition along with Chelsea and Southampton. Someone else will name the others.

Why is it even Soton can produce some talent but the Sussex boys would rather do something else?

but for next season you wont be from what I can remember.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You bang on about attendances as you've got higher gates now. But that can change given another failure by you to win promotion.
Eh? We haven't failed to win promotion, we were promoted two seasons ago, and now have a 5 year plan to try and get promoted to the premier league (but we all know it can take longer or happen sooner).

You call us tinpot with a stadium full of fans with little allegiance to BHA, a manager who wants to manage Chelsea and an academy with lovely facilities but with boys who'd rather play rugger.
We have an academy with lovely facilities? Where is it? The allegiance your fans show is to the sofa, and the allegiance your loyal[/] manager showed is to Bolton. Which managers in the Championship wouldn't rather manage Chelsea one day? :facepalm: That's like me saying Zaha would rather play for united - of course he would, which young prospect wouldn't?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The Palace posters on here are the ones that say you'll have money to spend if Zaha is sold. Were you under the impression that you'd sell Zaha for £15m and not be able to spend any of that on new players?

If Winnie is sold for anything like £15M it won't be paid all at once , the initial payment will barely cover the debts run up by CPFC2010 since they took over. Some of the add on payments in a deal may never materialise if they're based on a given set number of appearances over the length of the contract as a club can restrict them or sell the player on.

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
Eh? We haven't failed to win promotion, we were promoted two seasons ago, and now have a 5 year plan to try and get promoted to the premier league (but we all know it can take longer or happen sooner).

We have an academy with lovely facilities? Where is it? The allegiance your fans show is to the sofa, and the allegiance your loyal[/] manager showed is to Bolton. Which managers in the Championship wouldn't rather manage Chelsea one day? :facepalm: That's like me saying Zaha would rather play for united - of course he would, which young prospect wouldn't?

I said 'given' another failure to win promotion.

I completely agree that BHA are in a very good place, but mental illness Major saying we're tinpot is just juvenile and one-eyed.

We DO have a decent academy, we're just about to get our record transfer fee, our gates are OK, our manager will prove to be excellent in the long run, the owners are grounded and we are 4th in the league. OK, not Barca, not even with your prospects at the moment, but not exactly Pompey. (and we keep smashing you on the pitch).

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If Winnie is sold for anything like £15M it won't be paid all at once
Sure, but it doesn't have to be paid at once (particularly sell on clauses :) ). And I realise the final figure won't be immediately certain, but we're led to believe that Palace have said anything over £8m can be spent, so there's a fair chance they'll be buying a player or two.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Sure, but it doesn't have to be paid at once (particularly sell on clauses :) ). And I realise the final figure won't be immediately certain, but we're led to believe that Palace have said anything over £8m can be spent, so there's a fair chance they'll be buying a player or two.

I think CPFC2010 will move the goalposts and tell the fans the £8M figure has to be banked before Wurzel gets any transfer funds.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I said 'given' another failure to win promotion.
But how can there be 'another' failure to win promotion, when there hasn't been a failure yet? Oh, you think we have decent attendances because we're expecting to be promoted, and when we're not people won't come any more. Ok.

I completely agree that BHA are in a very good place, but mental illness Major saying we're tinpot is just juvenile and one-eyed.
And saying Major has mental illness is grown up is it? This is a Brighton forum, and we're quite capable of arguing with ourselves, so when a few Palace trolls come here (eg, Glenn Murray) it's hardly surprising that there's some juvenile comments thrown around.

1 - We DO have a decent academy, 2 - we're just about to get our record transfer fee, 3 - our gates are OK, 4 - our manager will prove to be excellent in the long run, 5 - the owners are grounded and we are 4th in the league. 6 - OK, not Barca, not even with your prospects at the moment, 7 - but not exactly Pompey. 8 - (and we keep smashing you on the pitch).
1 - Yes you do. Although some Palace posters will have you believe it's the best in the country, which doesn't make sense.
2 - Yes.
3 - Yes.
4 - Too early to tell, but he should be. He'll give us all a laugh anyway.
5 - Yes
6 - Thank you. A lot of Palace fans here would say otherwise.
7 - God forbid.
8 - Pah, you needed help from Donk and the officials. We finished much higher last season and it should be close this season, so don't count your chickens.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So Wenger says they haven't tried to buy Zaha, it's just Utd, and Sky expect the deal to be done, with him being loaned back.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I think CPFC2010 will move the goalposts and tell the fans the £8M figure has to be banked before Wurzel gets any transfer funds.

well, the owners have always said they wanted to break even (or minimal loss) over a two year cycle, so cant see any other way they'll achieve that. and they'll want to see some return maybe (maybe not, they are fans themselves and might be willing a small hit). and the stadium is boarderline collapsing and may need fairly urgent investment.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
the stadium is boarderline collapsing and may need fairly urgent investment.
I did write a letter of complaint to the FA that they considered SP safe, as I felt it was danger to my family. Hopefully they'll insist it's updated sooner rather than later.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
looks like its 12million and a loan back till the end of the season

looks like a good deal for Palace.

Whether he is worth 12 million we will have to wait and see, but Fergie is seldom wrong.

Personally I think it is good for English Football if he goes to the Prem and competes with the likes of Nani, Rooney etc. Hopefully it will make him a better player....the only worry for England is that the French winger palace have looks a better player!!!

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012

Whether he is worth 12 million we will have to wait and see, but Fergie is seldom wrong.

Personally I think it is good for English Football if he goes to the Prem and competes with the likes of Nani, Rooney etc. Hopefully it will make him a better player....the only worry for England is that the French winger palace have looks a better player!!!

That French winger was raised in London !
You're right though, he is a great player, and its amazing we picked him up for £250 k from Bristols reserves .

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

I don't think SAF is all that bothered if he has screwed up paying too much for Winifred , he'll be retiring soon so wont be bearing any repercussions.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
It was quoted on the BBC this lunchtime and a mate who supports united mentioned it was on Radio Manchester too

If true, a great deal at £12M for Palace although I suspect it'll be £8M ish plus add ons. Will be good to trawl out all those quotes from Parish stating they wouldn't sell for less than £20m!!!

LIAR, LIAR, SHOPS ON FIRE!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here