Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

All the Zaha stuff [Merged]

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
I do not personally own one and I'm probably older than you as borne out by the I'm superior to you reply. There have been a few decent posts but the majority has been our club is better than yours rubbish

And you decided it would be best to stoop to that level too? I must admit, it was a very imaginative response. "Wait until the end of the season..." Nothing like wearing your short-term goggles is there...? :thumbsup:

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
And you decided it would be best to stoop to that level too? I must admit, it was a very imaginative response. "Wait until the end of the season..." Nothing like wearing your short-term goggles is there...? :thumbsup:

So your now moaning about me stooping to your level, erm okay thanks for pointing that out.
As for waiting until the end of the season, football is a results based game or do you rate it with another system?.

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
So your now moaning about me stooping to your level, erm okay thanks for pointing that out.
As for waiting until the end of the season, football is a results based game or do you rate it with another system?.

My level...? I think you might need to read back and view my post about Zaha and your club. You might be surprised. Cheers.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
I am the only one finding this thread boring.

He said/she said. Our club is better than yours!

Wait until the end of the season then we can decide

Have to agree tbh. [MENTION=20004]Glenn-Murray[/MENTION] is a first class dickweed who garners only a fraction of the abuse he deserves given how regularly and unashamedly he takes advantage of our generosity in not banning him (he'd have been shunted to the away end on BBS as soon as he signed up, were the roles reversed), but the frantic willy-waving from both sides gets very tedious after a while.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Not at all, and we don't HAVE to sell...but you just carry on believing what makes you happy.
Your owners have said they have to sell players to make ends meet. That doesn't mean it has to be Zaha, and it doesn't mean it has to be this month. And if you could get promoted, no doubt that would cover your costs instead. But you are not likely to get promoted, and you do have to sell players to cover costs, that's a fact (as explained by your owners, and welcomed by your sensible fans).

Just bored, as I am sure most of you are with majors 1 topic of conversation..attendances. zzzzzz maybe when you get points for crowd sizes you can get above us
Maybe when you get points for how good an ex player was/how much you sold him for, you can finish the season above us. You think it's wrong for Brighton fans to talk about how much the club are bringing in through gate receipts etc, yet it makes perfect sense for you to go on about how much you can bring in through player sales :shrug:

..what time did brum score their equalizer..??that's what's important, and before you start, yeah we drew too, but still above you
:lol: are you an adult? (by the way, you've got your spell check set to US) I'm not sure it's the time that a team scores an equaliser that's important, it's the final score.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
My level...? I think you might need to read back and view my post about Zaha and your club. You might be surprised. Cheers.

I did read it and I was not referring to you when I said that this thread is getting boring, but you chose to jump down my throat about xbox etc, you are much the same as this thread now, boring.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Have to agree tbh. [MENTION=20004]Glenn-Murray[/MENTION] is a first class dickweed who garners only a fraction of the abuse he deserves given how regularly and unashamedly he takes advantage of our generosity in not banning him (he'd have been shunted to the away end on BBS as soon as he signed up, were the roles reversed), but the frantic willy-waving from both sides gets very tedious after a while.

Some people make some very good points but the constant to-ing and fro-ing of we have been in the top two divisions this long and you cheated all those businesses etc etc etc etc, its a shame because you get bored and give up some times and no doubt miss some very good points.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I am the only one finding this thread boring.

He said/she said. Our club is better than yours!

Wait until the end of the season then we can decide
Good post
Ok, so all Palace fans leave NSC until the end of the season, then return for one day after the final game so one side can :p , then the Palace fans can go again until the same time next year? Wow, that's going to be so much fun compared to all this boring arguing.

its all speculation at this stage and its anyones guess until it is all done and dusted.
Indeed, and even then we'll probably be reading between the lines.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Indeed, and even then we'll probably be reading between the lines.

None of us ever really knows what goes on, we just have to guess with the information available, either way as I have said previously as long as we keep Murray I will be happy. Zaha was always going to go as always happens to us when we get a good player. I genuinely do believe thought that he is special and even if we would have got promoted he would have gone as money talks, as everyone always says, only fans are loyal.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Sounds like a good bit of business for Palace.

Personnally, I doubt the loan-back option is really a goer, unless it's a 93 day loan in the loan window after he's had a couple of weeks 'induction' at Man Utd. I imagine they will require a recall facility if they've paid big money, and this wouldn't be possible with a half season loan. However, Fergusson may well be incredibly relaxed about all this, and agree to any sort of loan deal.

Will be an interesting 10 days if this drags on.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Very much doubt they'll be spending much of it on the playing side of things whenever it happens. May well suit the board to have the late deal as a decent excuse along the lines of ..'held out for best deal for the club, unfortunately we couldn't re-invest due to the late deal but will be doing so in close season etc etc'. By close season the goldfish brain support may have forgotten all about it!

If we're losing £8m then with their free tickets, groupons, low crowds and high wages they'll be needing to keep things together very strictly. Certainly not one of the most solvent clubs out there! Also seem to have done well in the previous window and with their manager exchange; I'm sure Murray and Bolasie can step up to win the penalties they'll be missing.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
i love this, gonna go down to the wire and then Palace wont have time to spend it!!
I imagine that would actually suit CPFC2010, as they'd have a ready made excuse for not spending. Promotion is difficult even with spending (as Cardiff have shown over recent years) and Palace don't really look like a club that's going to fight for promotion.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
I imagine that would actually suit CPFC2010, as they'd have a ready made excuse for not spending. Promotion is difficult even with spending (as Cardiff have shown over recent years) and Palace don't really look like a club that's going to fight for promotion.

your spot on, if you base it on there recent run of form going back to when they beat us, they have been very mediocre, Think CPFC 2010 will look at this and think that they wont go up and save the money to pay off some debts.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
your spot on
And what's really clever and insightful about my post, is that Horses Arse had said the same thing 20 minutes earlier :) (though I hadn't read it, great minds etc)

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
According to the BBC Wenger has just made this statement.

1113:
TRANSFER LATEST
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger tells a news conference that he was never interested in signing Crystal Palace forward Wilfried Zaha. Manchester United are pursuing the 20-year-old, and Wenger said: " I don't know if he will go to Man United. If he goes to Man United, good luck to him. We were never in for Zaha,"

Poor old Palace, seems that there is not the interest amongst the big clubs in signing him that they thought.
Leaves Man U free to screw them now over the price.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
According to the BBC Wenger has just made this statement.

1113:
TRANSFER LATEST
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger tells a news conference that he was never interested in signing Crystal Palace forward Wilfried Zaha. Manchester United are pursuing the 20-year-old, and Wenger said: " I don't know if he will go to Man United. If he goes to Man United, good luck to him. We were never in for Zaha,"

Poor old Palace, seems that there is not the interest amongst the big clubs in signing him that they thought.
Leaves Man U free to screw them now over the price.

But ALL the top clubs are after him, the Palace fans told us!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If Arsenal are not interested in Winifred it puts an entirely different complexion on what Man United will be prepared to offer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here