Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

All the Zaha stuff [Merged]

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
There's plenty of stories about your local businesses getting shafted as well so shall we leave it there trig
You want to leave it there because it's a load of crap. We had our £24m ground stolen, while you kept your ground, kept your players, and went into admin twice - but you think that's about even and we'll leave it there.

Moving on you've got a great new stadium and we've got a great academy , don't be bitter
We're not. We don't have an academy, but soon enough we will have. You have an academy that's producing players/making you money.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
You want to leave it there because it's a load of crap. We had our £24m ground stolen, while you kept your ground, kept your players, and went into admin twice - but you think that's about even and we'll leave it there.

We're not. We don't have an academy, but soon enough we will have. You have an academy that's producing players/making you money.

If you know your history, you'll know you did short change local businesses, but it's conveniently forgotten .

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If you know your history, you'll know you did short change local businesses, but it's conveniently forgotten .
I do know my history. Which example would you like to lead with?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
For all Jordan's faults and debts his legacy was the academy . He made sure that was paid for , yes paid for , every year . I'm sorry he didn't pay the tax man but as a tax payer myself these things happen all the time with businesses closing and going bust . I dont tend to let it get to me .

What's that saying about robbing peter to pay paul?

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012

Is it a load of old crap trig ? You keep mentioning our past not me , I'm not defending it just pointing out you're not whiter than white .

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
If Zaha goes for £15 million that is remarkable.

What I don't quite get, is this assumption that any money made from a potential sale, will go straight back into the side.

What player, that is worth even a tenth of that price, is going to want to move to Crystal Palace? They may get a few mediocre players to help alleviate the initial loss of Wilf, but if he is so good then his loss will have a far greater impact than bringing in a few average players to boost the squad. Without Zaha and Murray it is a really mediocre side - mid table at best in this division, on paper at least.

Gel as a team as they did throughout Sept, Oct and Nov, and any team can go on a run similar in this league. Hoping our mini run is the beginning of such a run!

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
I do know my history. Which example would you like to lead with?

Research the Archer years, especially the death throes of the Goldstone and the deal he struck with local businesses.
As much as most weeds are in denial, it happened .

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Research the Archer years, especially the death throes of the Goldstone and the deal he struck with local businesses.
:facepalm: Archer (Stanley, Bellotti) robbed everyone they could, and mostly us. That's an example of people robbing us, not our club robbing local businesses.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You keep mentioning our past not me
I'm just explaining how good things are for Brighton now, and why we currently have no reason to be bitter.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
:facepalm: Archer (Stanley, Bellotti) robbed everyone they could, and mostly us. That's an example of people robbing us, not our club robbing local businesses.

So going by that logic, would it be fair to say Jordan robbed local businesses, and not CPFC ?

I'm sorry but if you can't tell the difference between Administration (TWICE) and a deal between BHA and its vey small list of creditors who willingly accepted a huge amount more than 1.8p in the pound you are thicker than I thought.

The reason our u21's aren't top of the u21 Premier League?

All of the best ones are in our first team. Kyle de Silva (albeit currently injured), Wilf Zaha, Jon Williams, Hiram Boateng, etc.

Our u21's are too good for the u21 league.

But and i quote did one off you not say there are 2 players in your academy that are better than Zaha

your players are to good for U21 if so Kyle has fitured once in ur first team

Boateng has played in every single U21 game so get ur facts right there mate and has not played 1min for your first team in the league only got a run out in the cup

the only 2 players you mentioned that play regular in ur first are Zaha and Wiliams.

Seriously do i know more about your youth team than you do?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So going by that logic, would it be fair to say Jordan robbed local businesses, and not CPFC ?
Did Jordan sell Sellhurst to his own company, and run off with the money? No, for all his faults, Jordan wanted to do a good job for Palace, it just went wrong (as these things can do). Archer never intended to run Brighton as a club, he just wanted to get as much money for himself as he could. The two cases are not remotely similar.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I'm sorry but if you can't tell the difference between Administration (TWICE) and a deal between BHA and its vey small list of creditors who willingly accepted a huge amount more than 1.8p in the pound you are thicker than I thought.

I can tell the difference ,Both were wrong .

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012

Yes , I do know the difference thanks.
It's the same old story, when you feel it's not going your way , in this case Zaha's value creeping up to the £20 mill mark, it's time to mention the two A's, attendances and administration.
Can we get back to the multi million pound wonder kid please ?

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
He is not a wonder Kid this is exactly what is wrong with English Football today.

Indeed, like the Mirror article stating England Starlet? ? ? How is a 10 minute sub appearance making him some form of England super star. Load of over hyped diving bollocks, but let Man United waste their cash on the kid, I am far from convinced he will light up the premiership every week.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Indeed, like the Mirror article stating England Starlet? ? ? How is a 10 minute sub appearance making him some form of England super star. Load of over hyped diving bollocks, but let Man United waste their cash on the kid, I am far from convinced he will light up the premiership every week.

He will be a star ,

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here