Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

All the Zaha stuff [Merged]

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It either shows that everyone in football over-rates Zaha (unlikely) or that we've got an incredible academy (fact)
Fact? You don't know what that means do you. Name me all the top players from your academy.
- it's Moses isn't it? I don't think there are any others.
and how good do you think Zaha is? Do you think he's the best young footballer in England for the last 2 decades - and you think you have a couple of others in the academy that could be better?
And Dougie thinks that, and he left?

I swore never to post on here again but going to this once as i do read every day.

This amazing academy with these fantastic youngsters would that be why you finished bottom of the first phase of the u21 premier league and are in qualification group and not elite, yet you have the best academy going :rolleyes:

Admittedly better than ours but wont be for long once ours gets underway, you done well to get the money for Zaha insane fee and shows what a complete farce prices for English talent has become

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
I swore never to post on here again but going to this once as i do read every day.

This amazing academy with these fantastic youngsters would that be why you finished bottom of the first phase of the u21 premier league and are in qualification group and not elite, yet you have the best academy going :rolleyes:

Admittedly better than ours but wont be for long once ours gets underway, you done well to get the money for Zaha insane fee and shows what a complete farce prices for English talent has become

Brilliant first post, you'll fit in well on here .

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Re: Zaha price

Se20 is right. That is a great post.

Entertained the fans and netted us £17m by the sounds of things. More than any of your players have done. Ever.

Yep. He is so entertaining that you flock to Selhurst every week he plays and fill the place out to capacity.:whistle:

That's the truth of his abilities - your own fans can't even bother turning up and watching him.:goal:

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
If so then that's absolutely ludicrous.

Ince is a better player, and is going for around a third of that fee. Madness.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If so then that's absolutely ludicrous.

Ince is a better player, and is going for around a third of that fee. Madness.

Always the way when two old wrinklies get into a bidding war to get one over on the other.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Really feel for Palace's creditors from a couple of years back, they must be sick as dogs. Oh....hang on isn't one of those creditors us the UK taxpayer?

TrevorDove

Jan 4, 2004
Brighton
Mate who works at Palarse, told me tonight it's actually a flat fee of £6 million, £4 million add on's (England, appearances, trophies etc) and a 33.3 sell on clause.

Could work out at £15 million over the course of his contract, but alot has to go right for that to happen.

And before you Palarse mowts start saying this is bollox - good on you, keep on deluding yourselves - the truth is going to hurt.

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
This saga has a very whiffy smell around it.

Apparently Palace will only sell if they get Zaha loaned back
Apparently there is a bidding war with Man u and Arsenal

So Arsenal have got 17 million spare that can be spent on a player for next year. Is this the Arsenal whose business plan seems to prevent them from paying to keep top players. The Arsenal who have agreed a 3.5 year deal with walcott for sign on and wages for a figure around 17 million.

I think a far more likely version is:

Only Man Utd will agree any deal that includes a loan back
Palace can either admit that cash will do and have several possible suitors. or take what Man u will offer

The funniest version will be if nothing happens, and with no promotion and huge debts, they accept 2 kitkats and a mars bar in the summer for a sulking Zaha

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Re: Zaha price

Mate who works at Palarse, told me tonight it's actually a flat fee of £6 million, £4 million add on's (England, appearances, trophies etc) and a 33.3 sell on clause.

Could work out at £15 million over the course of his contract, but alot has to go right for that to happen.

And before you Palarse mowts start saying this is bollox - good on you, keep on deluding yourselves - the truth is going to hurt.

Very believable.

I was thinking football had truely gone mad with the figures thrown about on this thread.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012

Nice one Trev !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here