Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

All the Zaha stuff [Merged]

TrevorDove

Jan 4, 2004
Brighton
The other snippet was that £3 million of any fee received will have to be invested in remedial works for the Arthur Waite - which is on the verge of being closed down by the council.

Let's hope the deal falls through, a sulky out of form Zahahahaha (who moves to Wigan in the summer for £2 million) and three sides to their ground.

the silurian

Sep 29, 2011
Yep. He is so entertaining that you flock to Selhurst every week he plays and fill the place out to capacity.:whistle:

That's the truth of his abilities - your own fans can't even bother turning up and watching him.:goal:

Zzzzzzz! Attendance, attendance....change the record major!

the silurian

Sep 29, 2011
The other snippet was that £3 million of any fee received will have to be invested in remedial works for the Arthur Waite - which is on the verge of being closed down by the council.

Let's hope the deal falls through, a sulky out of form Zahahahaha (who moves to Wigan in the summer for £2 million) and three sides to their ground.
Yeah yeah you wish !

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Gareth Barry.

Better than anything that shithole up the road has ever produced.

Phallus , I give you Barry and I raise you kenny sansom (80+England caps )

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Zzzzzzz! Attendance, attendance....change the record major!
Does it upset you when you're reminded that your fans are fickle and don't come to support the team, which means you have to sell your best player?

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Does it upset you when you're reminded that your fans are fickle and don't come to support the team, which means you have to sell your best player?

The reason we have to sell him is because he's far too good for the Championship. He's by far the most talented player in the division which is why he'll go for a record fee. Nothing to do with our attendances at all.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
This saga has a very whiffy smell around it.

Apparently Palace will only sell if they get Zaha loaned back
Apparently there is a bidding war with Man u and Arsenal

So Arsenal have got 17 million spare that can be spent on a player for next year. Is this the Arsenal whose business plan seems to prevent them from paying to keep top players. The Arsenal who have agreed a 3.5 year deal with walcott for sign on and wages for a figure around 17 million.

Arsenal who also hinted they had a ready replacment for Walcott on the right wing if he did leave (cant recall the chaps name). Arsenal need to spend money elsewhere at the moment and i think they know it, i cant see them making a big move for Zaha (though they'd take him for a good price).

I also think the CP chaps need to start to realise this loan back thing isnt that common and usually to get a cheaper deal done more immediatly. either 15m he goes now or 5m less with a loan back. the suggestion above, of 10m plus sell on is another angle they dont get, when you hear "undisclosed deal worth £m" you dont know how much of that is add ons and clauses.

Yeah yeah you wish !

no, no, you wish. or rather better pray. i thought it was common knowledge, someone who knows f*** all about football commented months ago part of the stadium is borderline condemed.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Zaha price

The reason we have to sell him is because he's far too good for the Championship. He's by far the most talented player in the division which is why he'll go for a record fee. Nothing to do with our attendances at all.

You keep telling yourself that LLCOOLSTEVE :thumbsup:

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
I swore never to post on here again but going to this once as i do read every day.

This amazing academy with these fantastic youngsters would that be why you finished bottom of the first phase of the u21 premier league and are in qualification group and not elite, yet you have the best academy going :rolleyes:

Admittedly better than ours but wont be for long once ours gets underway, you done well to get the money for Zaha insane fee and shows what a complete farce prices for English talent has become

The reason our u21's aren't top of the u21 Premier League?

All of the best ones are in our first team. Kyle de Silva (albeit currently injured), Wilf Zaha, Jon Williams, Hiram Boateng, etc.

Our u21's are too good for the u21 league.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Good deal

Hope we'll be able to produce players on a regular basis when our training ground's built

Well said , the bitterness on this thread in unreal . Yes , we've got a great academy but it's took years to reach the standard we are at ,Why can't we be proud of it . I hope you get yours up and running and up to our level. It it won't happen overnight . In the meantime get used to us purring about the next one who comes along , because like it or not our academy is our lifeblood .

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
:lol: you need to sell him to recoup the losses you're making, that's what your owners have said. There's no FA rule that says decent championship players have to leave.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Well said , the bitterness on this thread in unreal . Yes , we've got a great academy but it's took years to reach the standard we are at ,Why can't we be proud of it . I hope you get yours up and running and up to our level. It it won't happen overnight . In the meantime get used to us purring about the next one who comes along , because like it or not our academy is our lifeblood .

Because you didn't pay for it! ;)

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
:lol: you need to sell him to recoup the losses you're making, that's what your owners have said. There's no FA rule that says decent championship players have to leave.

Quite right - there's no rule. But if you were offered £17m for any of your players Gus would drive them to Manchester himself. It's simply too large a sum of money to turn down, regardless of our attendances.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Well said , the bitterness on this thread in unreal.
Albion fans aren't bitter, we've nothing to be bitter about. A decade ago, when we were robbed of our ground while you shafted local businesses, then we had reason to be bitter, but right now we've got an amazing new home, we're just starting on an amazing training facility, and we've just bought another player for over £2m, while you look to be selling your best player - why would we be bitter?

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Because you didn't pay for it! ;)
For all Jordan's faults and debts his legacy was the academy . He made sure that was paid for , yes paid for , every year . I'm sorry he didn't pay the tax man but as a tax payer myself these things happen all the time with businesses closing and going bust . I dont tend to let it get to me .

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
if you were offered £17m for any of your players Gus would drive them to Manchester himself. It's simply too large a sum of money to turn down, regardless of our attendances.
Yes, that's true. Although we don't yet know what the figure will be, and it did seem Palace needed to sell him (now or in the summer) even if the figure isn't silly.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Albion fans aren't bitter, we've nothing to be bitter about. A decade ago, when we were robbed of our ground while you shafted local businesses, then we had reason to be bitter, but right now we've got an amazing new home, we're just starting on an amazing training facility, and we've just bought another player for over £2m, while you look to be selling your best player - why would we be bitter?
There's plenty of stories about your local businesses getting shafted as well so shall we leave it there trig . Moving on you've got a great new stadium and we've got a great academy , don't be bitter .

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The reason our u21's aren't top of the u21 Premier League?

All of the best ones are in our first team. Kyle de Silva (albeit currently injured), Wilf Zaha, Jon Williams, Hiram Boateng, etc.

Our u21's are too good for the u21 league.

So, just so I understand this correctly, are we saying your academy has a record of producing a series of wonderful young players who both enrich the Crystal Palace first team, as well as providing significant financial boosts to the club when sold?

Is this the same club that has repeatedly only just managed to survive being relegated to the third tier of English football and has suffered financial calamity after financial calamity?

That academy wants to start working a bit harder if so.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here