Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

All the Zaha stuff [Merged]

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Anything over 10 million is a cracking effort by Palace.
I cant see a side paying that much though and letting him stay "on loan" at Palace.
If they manage that many congrats too them.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
According to the BBC Wenger has just made this statement.

1113:
TRANSFER LATEST
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger tells a news conference that he was never interested in signing Crystal Palace forward Wilfried Zaha. Manchester United are pursuing the 20-year-old, and Wenger said: " I don't know if he will go to Man United. If he goes to Man United, good luck to him. We were never in for Zaha,"

Poor old Palace, seems that there is not the interest amongst the big clubs in signing him that they thought.
Leaves Man U free to screw them now over the price.

I imagine Arsenal were only interested as a fallback incase they couldn't sign up Walcott to a longer deal - part of this would be to strengthen their hand in negaotiations with Walcott. Now that's all resolved they've 'dropped out' :lolol:

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
According to the BBC Wenger has just made this statement.

1113:
TRANSFER LATEST
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger tells a news conference that he was never interested in signing Crystal Palace forward Wilfried Zaha. Manchester United are pursuing the 20-year-old, and Wenger said: " I don't know if he will go to Man United. If he goes to Man United, good luck to him. We were never in for Zaha,"

Poor old Palace, seems that there is not the interest amongst the big clubs in signing him that they thought.
Leaves Man U free to screw them now over the price.

It sounds to me like Wenger saying "I don't like pisspot Palace trying to do business off bullshit rumours involving Arsenal"
p.s fergie do your worst. lol

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
If Arsenal are not interested in Winifred it puts an entirely different complexion on what Man United will be prepared to offer.

I imagine Palace still have a minimum price though. What would be interesting would be if SAF is now so keen on the loan back option. With no competition why lend a 10-12 million investment back so he can have lumps kicked out of him*? *dive around like a fairy.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Re: Zaha price

If Arsenal are not interested in Winifred it puts an entirely different complexion on what Man United will be prepared to offer.

I'm not sure it does, if there's one thing the scum are good at, its milking every penny when they sell. We all knew the 20m price tag was a scare tactic, but if they don't want to sell and utd want him before his price goes up further, they'll still have to pay the 12-15m all the papers are quoting. Sadly. Doesn't change the fact he's vastly overrated, but palace still (unfortunately) hold the cards.

If the scum get anything like £10m for "four out of ten" then they will be royally screwed when the enter the transfer market to buy. If I was Blackpool I would add £1m to each of my players value and sit back and watch the Old Wurzel Gimp do his money:lol:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Looks like the asking price for Dobbie will now be £1M+ if Wurzel wants him to join THE SCUM.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
my and yours or yours and Arse ens......!!
Mine and Arse I guess. If you want to be in our club, just copy his post as if it was your own.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
If the scum get anything like £10m for "four out of ten" then they will be royally screwed when the enter the transfer market to buy. If I was Blackpool I would add £1m to each of my players value and sit back and watch the Old Wurzel Gimp do his money:lol:
£10 m phallus ? The deal I'm hearing is very good for us and Wilf . rest assured deals for players will be in place before any deal for Wilf has been announced .

£10 m phallus ? The deal I'm hearing is very good for us and Wilf . rest assured deals for players will be in place before any deal for Wilf has been announced .

You can't buy anyone until 4/10 deal is done. Wouldn't be surprised if Ferguson wakes up and calls the whole thing off and you will be scurrying back down to Bournemouth to see what's on offer.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Like the one for Ross McCormack was :facepalm:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Firstly...
Oh thank goodness for that, I was losing sleep!
This.

Secondly...

What? If Palace suddenly start looking to buy £1m+ players, selling clubs will know it's because they're selling Zaha.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

Looks like Sir Alex has got his man and you got a loan back!

Guardian:

Sir Alex Ferguson is confident of signing Wilfried Zaha for £12m from Crystal Palace by the end of the week, with the aim of loaning the winger back to the Championship club for the remainder of the season.

The Manchester United manager did not travel with his squad to Qatar for the four days of warm-weather training that they are enjoying before Saturday's FA Cup fourth-round tie at home to Fulham. Instead he remained in England to finalise the deal for Zaha, who has emerged as one of the most exciting talents outside the Premier League. It is unclear when Ferguson will join his players in Doha, the Qatari capital.

Arsenal have also been keen to sign Zaha, who made his debut for England in the friendly against Sweden in November, and their manager, Arsène Wenger, said last week that he was "looking at him but, at the moment, we have not made any bid". David Gill, the United chief executive, had already admitted United's interest for the first time.

The 19-times champions appear to have won the race to sign Zaha even though Palace's stance has been that the 20-year-old is not for sale, as he is important to their promotion push. But United's willingness to loan him back to Selhurst Park for the season's final months has helped smooth the way towards an agreement.

Palace may also request that, in addition, at least two more United players – Nick Powell, the 18-year-old midfielder, may be one – also join on a temporary basis until the close of the campaign to help with their attempt to reach the Premier League. This, though, is not thought to be pivotal to any prospective deal. Ian Holloway's side are fourth in the Championship, two points away from an automatic promotion place.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Looks like Sir Alex has got his man and you got a loan back!

Guardian:

Sir Alex Ferguson is confident of signing Wilfried Zaha for £12m from Crystal Palace by the end of the week, with the aim of loaning the winger back to the Championship club for the remainder of the season.

The Manchester United manager did not travel with his squad to Qatar for the four days of warm-weather training that they are enjoying before Saturday's FA Cup fourth-round tie at home to Fulham. Instead he remained in England to finalise the deal for Zaha, who has emerged as one of the most exciting talents outside the Premier League. It is unclear when Ferguson will join his players in Doha, the Qatari capital.

Arsenal have also been keen to sign Zaha, who made his debut for England in the friendly against Sweden in November, and their manager, Arsène Wenger, said last week that he was "looking at him but, at the moment, we have not made any bid". David Gill, the United chief executive, had already admitted United's interest for the first time.

The 19-times champions appear to have won the race to sign Zaha even though Palace's stance has been that the 20-year-old is not for sale, as he is important to their promotion push. But United's willingness to loan him back to Selhurst Park for the season's final months has helped smooth the way towards an agreement.

Palace may also request that, in addition, at least two more United players – Nick Powell, the 18-year-old midfielder, may be one – also join on a temporary basis until the close of the campaign to help with their attempt to reach the Premier League. This, though, is not thought to be pivotal to any prospective deal. Ian Holloway's side are fourth in the Championship, two points away from an automatic promotion place.

All speculation of course .

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Firstly...
This.

Secondly...

What? If Palace suddenly start looking to buy £1m+ players, selling clubs will know it's because they're selling Zaha.
Who says we're going to be spending £1m+ on players ? We're potless remember !

Quite right - there's no rule. But if you were offered £17m for any of your players Gus would drive them to Manchester himself. It's simply too large a sum of money to turn down, regardless of our attendances.

Incorrect. Your poor attendances are an integral part of your continuing failure to get out of the Championship (upward I mean:lolol:) and the fact that your best players and managers keep leaving.

Your new owners have already described you as FICKLE and publicly stated to Holloway that part of his contract at Palace is to fill Selhurst ! Which looks like an impossible demand unless you cut the capacity to about 18k. Unfortunately, for a tinpot Club like Palace, the lack of passion by their fans ultimately kills ambition - it is a Catch22 for you.

Your academy at the moment is just about making up for what is lacking in fans. The "well" of young talent will soon run dry and then you are back in shit creek going cap in hand to the administrators again.

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
Incorrect. Your poor attendances are an integral part of your continuing failure to get out of the Championship (upward I mean:lolol:) and the fact that your best players and managers keep leaving.

Your new owners have already described you as FICKLE and publicly stated to Holloway that part of his contract at Palace is to fill Selhurst ! Which looks like an impossible demand unless you cut the capacity to about 18k. Unfortunately, for a tinpot Club like Palace, the lack of passion by their fans ultimately kills ambition - it is a Catch22 for you.

Your academy at the moment is just about making up for what is lacking in fans. The "well" of young talent will soon run dry and then you are back in shit creek going cap in hand to the administrators again.

And I guess Brighton/Sussex is a hotbed of football passion? Too middle class like you Major.

You've produced Jake Robinson while we've turned out Routledge, Clyne, Watson, Moses, Zaha etc etc.

You bang on about attendances as you've got higher gates now. But that can change given another failure by you to win promotion.

Your posts verge on displaying mental illness and your f*ckwit memory is equivalent to an ameoba. What about the past 30 years, and the years 1983-97 for instance? You call us tinpot with a stadium full of fans with little allegiance to BHA, a manager who wants to manage Chelsea and an academy with lovely facilities but with boys who'd rather play rugger.

You give it the biggun at the start of the season about leaving us far behind, but once again, and you're a man who likes stats, the table makes you look like a prize f**king moron.

Carry on Major.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here