Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Bullshit.

You know nothing regarding the goings on leading up to that signing and beyond.
I’m going on what I’ve seen, Locadia his debut yes I know it was Coventry yet he was clearly head and shoulders above ran the line a constant threat scored before being subbed. I was thinking at last a mobile striker exactly what we need.

League game scores against Swansea.

And yep that was about it from Jurgen apart from a period when Murray was injured and came into score against Everton & Arsenal. Again he looked a threat and obviously more mobile than Murray.

AJ Anyone can see who knows basic football he’s a player you need further up the pitch to create and score also a terrific battler ran his socks off in the 1-0 win against West Ham.

Never really had a chance after that.

So two players we paid a lot of money for neither were given time to adapt to the PL and we stuck with March and co huffing and puffing for the rest of the season.

Yes I get CH is your mate or whatever, if your correct then why pay £18m for a player who’s worse than what we already have that just does not make sense.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Well I’d argue that’s a reputable source because this is the account that gave us Davy Pröpper info.

Personally I’d be very sad to see him go. There must be a reason why he hasn’t featured in any of the squads so far I just hope it’s not because he’s been sold. So much to give.

Does he not live with his parents? If so he may be shielding.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Alireza Jahanbakhsh signs on a 5-year deal for a club record fee

Surprised at some of the reactions here.

I for one would be very disappointed to see AJ leave. It feels like he turned a corner with us with his goal against Bournemouth and a world class goal vs Chelsea. His reward for an exciting bit of form was to then be dropped from the squad.

And since the break he’s also not featured, as someone above mentioned you have to think this must be due to a non football reason, ie Corona or Balloongate.

In any case AJ has delivered this season when called upon. Would be bizarre to cut losses now.

Eg, who would you rather bring on from the bench, AJ or Solly?

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
This is a tough one. Although he has improved since we signed him, he has not delivered enough for the fee we paid.

I believe there is much more to come from him, but Potter clearly has doubts. If we were offered close to what we paid I suspect we would take it.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
This is a tough one. Although he has improved since we signed him, he has not delivered enough for the fee we paid.

I believe there is much more to come from him, but Potter clearly has doubts. If we were offered close to what we paid I suspect we would take it.

Delivered more than March if we are going on stats.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
He's scored a few goals!

He's been photographed in training which have been published. I sincerely hope he makes the squad on Tue or soon.

SOlly is a better utility player, but this isn't about him. AJ is as good as anyone else who can play on the wing/up front . . .he just needs to click into a formation and ge the opportunity . . .

If we do sell him, I bet he goes and has a John Byrne / Deam Saunders few seasons.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
vagabond;9393791 who would you rather bring on from the bench said:
No brainer for me unless we were looking to hang on to 0-0, except we don’t do that anymore :lolol:

If we are looking to score a goal it has to be Ali J surely? Except he no longer even makes the squad...

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Solly offers more to the squad in my opinion as he can play in more than one position. What stats are you referring to?

You could argue he was at his most clinical when involved before lockdown, scores against Chelsea, Bournemouth and that great cross for the own goal against Watford.

Winning us 5 important points.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Solly is a good player for the team, a very good utility player even.

But AJ is a match winner. That’s the difference and why I think he’s worth keeping.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
You could argue he was at his most clinical when involved before lockdown, scores against Chelsea, Bournemouth and that great cross for the own goal against Watford.

Winning us 5 important points.
Very true. The fact we are even having a debate on this shows to me we would be that bothered either way if one was sold, let's face it neither is a key player.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If we want to muddle along in 15th place then there's an argument for keeping AJ - he does score the odd goal and put in the odd decent cross.

However, if we wish to progress then we have to get more production in goals and assists from the midfield. Apart from Gross in our first Prem season, the creativity from midfield has been woeful. Own goals is our second highest scorer and we are only one striker injury away from a crisis.

On balance, I say we cut our losses and use the money to help fund a replacement.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
If we want to muddle along in 15th place then there's an argument for keeping AJ - he does score the odd goal and put in the odd decent cross.

However, if we wish to progress then we have to get more production in goals and assists from the midfield. Apart from Gross in our first Prem season, the creativity from midfield has been woeful. Own goals is our second highest scorer and we are only one striker injury away from a crisis.

On balance, I say we cut our losses and use the money to help fund a replacement.

Yeah agree, cut our losses and take £10m - re-invest and get a lot better

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Cash in if we can recoup the majority of the original transfer fee. That is certainly the best business decision but will also be sad to see him go.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here