Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It would be the only part of this entire transfer that would actually make sense.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
With the club unable to sell Andone until he recovers from injury....

With the 'buy' part of the Locadia loan-to-buy pushed back a year...

...it makes sense that if there is any chance of this sale happening that the club protects Alireza from injury by not playing him unless they really need to.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I’d sell but hopefully for £10mil+

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Hughton ruined all our record signings, most record signings are straight in the first team and start to thrive. If he didn’t want them then speak up and save the money. This must of really pissed of Bloom.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Ajax ? Behave

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
GP has signed two for large fees Maupay and Webster and generally plays them most games - as he does with Mooy too

Anyone we sign in future will know they are likely to play - not the case in the recent past since promotion

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Hughton ruined all our record signings, most record signings are straight in the first team and start to thrive. If he didn’t want them then speak up and save the money. This must of really pissed of Bloom.

That’s a lot of assumptions!

How do you know Hughton didn’t speak up but Bloom sanctioned the purchases anyway and said that’s all you’re getting? :shrug:

That is as plausible a reason as you’ve given as to why they didn’t go straight into the started XI.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'll drive him there myse......

Oh, no, hang on, there's a massive global pandemic on, we haven't used the car in three months and have no idea if it would start and I'm a shit driver. And Ali tends to prefer private jet travel to family hatchbacks.

But you get my point.

He'll be back. Class player.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

How do you know Hughton didn’t speak up but Bloom sanctioned the purchases anyway and said that’s all you’re getting? :shrug:

That is as plausible a reason as you’ve given as to why they didn’t go straight into the started XI.

Hughton is far to honourable to operate like that - if that kept happening he’d have quit before he was sacked

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

Hughton had final say on all transfers apparently :shrug:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If we're to believe the club's scouting reports Hughton had 3 (three) years to speak up before Ali's arrival.

The whole club wanted him, right up till the moment he arrived.

If you buy a carpet that you're unsure of once it's fitted, you still walk on the bloody thing.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Hughton is far to honourable to operate like that - if that kept happening he’d have quit before he was sacked

........and if he'd told Bloom he didn't want him and wouldn't put him in the team, I very much doubt if Bloom would have forked out a record transfer and a five year contract!

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Well I’d argue that’s a reputable source because this is the account that gave us Davy Pröpper info.

Personally I’d be very sad to see him go. There must be a reason why he hasn’t featured in any of the squads so far I just hope it’s not because he’s been sold. So much to give.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here