Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
What odd comments!

Never mind. I'm cross. Well, disappointed. No, cross. Perhaps I shouldn't care what our supporters think. That would be odd, though, after all. I have to sit with the buggers.

Someone has started a Potter OUT thread, though. :shootself

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
AJ is fit and has some form . . .he'll only get better by playing more. or probably worse by not playing.

Problem is, picking a side to play consistently well with him in it . . . .given our manager can't pick the same 11 twice and is erratic at best, who knows

he looked better than March or Trossard today.

Gross looked better than a few players, and he was on the bench!

and Laika gets man MoM

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Indeed.

Sorry, this isn't directed at you, but at my frustration with folk who think there is a magic answer and our manager is a mug to not see it. Here goes:

Yesterday it was raining so today I wore a raincoat and it didn't rain. What's that all about?

The way football works is you have your best eleven and play them every game.

You only change a line up when someone fall short in a game. To punish them. Or falls ill. Also to punish them (Shankley style)

You never pick a team for the job of the day. Always the same. Like in 1976.

And you NEVER EVER trust the manager. Never. Fact.

At the end of the day, the only people who know anything about football are the fans.

:facepalm:

I think the point about a consistent best eleven is very valid and Potter is also criticised for the number of changes he makes but in his defence very few players in the squad have shown the consistency to demand a start every week.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think the point about a consistent best eleven is very valid and Potter is also criticised for the number of changes he makes but in his defence very few players in the squad have shown the consistency to demand a start every week.

Fair enough.

And I was hoping you wouldn't mention Wolves. Thanks for not :wink:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

While just about every member of the attacking squad has shown, in flashes, why they should be in the next starting XI.

A seriously frustrating group of players.

Granny on the wing

Sep 7, 2019
While just about every member of the attacking squad has shown, in flashes, why they should be in the next starting XI.

A seriously frustrating group of players.

Ali J has scored 2 goals with very little game time but GP won`t give him a run in the team .Now that is frustrating although some players have quiet games in away games .It all comes down to what players are actually effective .

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

A double edged sword. . . . . Match time gives confidence. But playing, as we do, regularly, against superior players, and losing battles both individually and collectively, saps it.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
No Ali J on Saturday raised a question mark - but no Ali J today either seems odd. We need strength in depth and to not even make a bench either game ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No Ali J on Saturday raised a question mark - but no Ali J today either seems odd. We need strength in depth and to not even make a bench either game ?

Him and Bernie Inn the dog house?, Poorly? Or in Ali's case offski, Shirley.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I'm dissapointed he's not involved, I tihnk he's better than a few seemingly ahead of him. But hey, what do we know. It may be a 'chemistry' thing . . . ( my son keeps going on about that in his computer games)

Regardless, we haven't seen the best of him, and I don't think he's been given the best opportunies either.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here