rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
......who was better?

Personally, Tyson

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Tyson. No doubt about it. He would have destroyed Ali in his day!!!

100% Too quick and too strong. Just had this at work and 7 people chose Ali but could not say why

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Chalk and Cheese very hard to compair one a fighter the other a boxer

Reckon Ali would have pissed Tyson off with all the old trash talk malarky and then Tyson would have flattened him. Wouldn't have gone past 4 rounds.

Fozzyboy

Jul 5, 2011
Worthing
Reckon Ali would have pissed Tyson off with all the old trash talk malarky and then Tyson would have flattened him. Wouldn't have gone past 4 rounds.

Quite agree. Tyson would have been way too strong. I haven't seen a boxer so dominant in my life time. Half the fights Tyson had were pointless ones as there wasn't any fighters around that could have got close to him back in the day. I just wish he hadn't carried on. Legend!!

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Quite agree. Tyson would have been way too strong. I haven't seen a boxer so dominant in my life time. Half the fights Tyson had were pointless ones as there wasn't any fighters around that could have got close to him back in the day. I just wish he hadn't carried on. Legend!!

Very very much this

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Initial reaction is Tyson but then Foreman was a heavy puncher and Ali got his tactics spot on in the Rumble In The Jungle. Would be the ultimate boxing contest.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Chalk and Cheese very hard to compair one a fighter the other a boxer

Agree. Ali was a far far better boxer than Tyson ever was IMO, and I'd much rather watch one of his fights than a Tyson fight anyday. Saying that, in a bout between the two of them at their best, I think Tyson would most likely win due to his animal like agression and pure power.

Cloughie

Jun 7, 2009
For an answer to this see Ali vs Liston I.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Please dont take this personally, but anyone who thinks Tyson is in Ali's league hasnt got a clue about boxing, both Foreman and Frazier would have comfortably dealt with Tyson, he relied a hell of a lot on intimidation, and that just wouldnt have been a factor with Frazier, Foreman or Ali.
Even when Tyson was at the height of his game you only have to look at how both Bonecrusher Smith and Tony Tucker tied him up for the whole fight, and just look at how an aging Larry Holmes made him look silly for the first couple of rounds, no contest in my opinion, Ali, easily the winner.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Please dont take this personally, but anyone who thinks Tyson is in Ali's league hasnt got a clue about boxing, both Foreman and Frazier would have comfortably dealt with Tyson, he relied a hell of a lot on intimidation, and that just wouldnt have been a factor with Frazier, Foreman or Ali.
Even when Tyson was at the height of his game you only have to look at how both Bonecrusher Smith and Tony Tucker tied him up for the whole fight, and just look at how an aging Larry Holmes made him look silly for the first couple of rounds, no contest in my opinion, Ali, easily the winner.

I find myself in total agreement with bushy.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Heart says Ali, greatest sportsman of the 20th century, head unfortunately says Tyson.

Muhammad - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
ali.
tyson wouldnt have been able to hit him as easily as he did opponents in most of his fights

Last edited:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
In his heyday, Brian Clough would have given them both a clip round the ear...

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
f*** me! I can't disagree with a word of this. Compare the quality of opposition in their respective eras and you'll see the only fighter of true class around for Tyson to show his ultimite worth (Holyfield wasn't even a heavyweight) was Lennox Lewis and he was paid to step aside for years. Tyson was very good but in a crap era for boxing. No Ali. Or Frazier, Foreman or Lewis, frankly imo :albion2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here