Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ali or Tyson.......

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
f*** me! I can't disagree with a word of this. Compare the quality of opposition in their respective eras and you'll see the only fighter of true class around for Tyson to show his ultimite worth (Holyfield wasn't even a heavyweight) was Lennox Lewis and he was paid to step aside for years. Tyson was very good but in a crap era for boxing. No Ali. Or Frazier, Foreman or Lewis, frankly imo :albion2:
Wonders will never cease!

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Please dont take this personally, but anyone who thinks Tyson is in Ali's league hasnt got a clue about boxing, both Foreman and Frazier would have comfortably dealt with Tyson, he relied a hell of a lot on intimidation, and that just wouldnt have been a factor with Frazier, Foreman or Ali.
Even when Tyson was at the height of his game you only have to look at how both Bonecrusher Smith and Tony Tucker tied him up for the whole fight, and just look at how an aging Larry Holmes made him look silly for the first couple of rounds, no contest in my opinion, Ali, easily the winner.

Agree!

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Tyson .............never in the same class as The Greatest.

Ali by a country mile.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Wonders will never cease!

Bloody hell ... I'm with you on this. For Tyson to beat Ali he would have needed to land a punch ... but he wouldn't have got close. Ali would have had him running around like a blue arsed fly for the first five rounds and then would have dropped him in the 6th.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
No comparison Ali would have come out after the fight exactly the same as he went in and Tyson would have either been knocked out or cut to pieces. The only champion I rate higher than Ali was Lennox Lewis who would have been too big and too strong for Ali and could box him as well as use his his strength and power.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
ali for me,tyson would of had a puncher's chance,but when it comes to boxing,ali everytime

TheBlueAndWhiteStrips

May 27, 2009
Huntingdon
Tyson would never beat Ali he wouldn't even fight an ageing Foreman, so to think that he could beat a young Ali is ridiculous.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
ali for me,tyson would of had a puncher's chance,but when it comes to boxing,ali everytime

Have to agree with this! Tyson lacked any class and stamina! My money would have been on a Tyson KO in the 6th! Tyson had no idea how to cope with clever fighters but if he landed a clean shot, Ali would have buckled. Uncle Henry would confirm this if he was still with us.. RIP fella!

Would have liked to see an Ali v Tyson bonanza though!

Sent from my iPhone using P+ R

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
f*** me! I can't disagree with a word of this. Compare the quality of opposition in their respective eras and you'll see the only fighter of true class around for Tyson to show his ultimite worth (Holyfield wasn't even a heavyweight) was Lennox Lewis and he was paid to step aside for years. Tyson was very good but in a crap era for boxing. No Ali. Or Frazier, Foreman or Lewis, frankly imo :albion2:

To be a bit of an anorack (ifthats how it's spelt), I would say Ali on the basis that he was a true sportsman and an inspiration to others. Tyson was a fighter not a boxer and would go to any lengths to win (is that what the modern day sportsman is), Hmmm...................confusing myself now but Ali for me for inspirational reasons.

Pbseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Eastbourne
Please dont take this personally, but anyone who thinks Tyson is in Ali's league hasnt got a clue about boxing, both Foreman and Frazier would have comfortably dealt with Tyson, he relied a hell of a lot on intimidation, and that just wouldnt have been a factor with Frazier, Foreman or Ali.
Even when Tyson was at the height of his game you only have to look at how both Bonecrusher Smith and Tony Tucker tied him up for the whole fight, and just look at how an aging Larry Holmes made him look silly for the first couple of rounds, no contest in my opinion, Ali, easily the winner.

I'm with Bushy on this, Ali in his heyday would have run rings around Tyson. Both Foreman & Frazier were big hitters and Ali knew how to deal with them. I understand that Tyson grew up watching Vids of Ali's fights and looked up to him as "The Greatest", I see no reason to argue with that myself.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Ali was extremely quick and agile for a heavyweight but could land a good punch too. Tyson would have been bewildered by the speed, ducking and diving that Ali did.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Ali would destroy him, no questions asked. People say that Marciano would lose to Ali, and Marciano would destroy Tyson.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Tyson would have been lucky to lay a glove on Ali. He was the best of his era by a mile, but never had to fight opponents of the quality of those that Ali did.

I have to say that I suspect younger people think Tyson is better because they simply haven't seen what Ali was capable of. Ali by a distance.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011

Top post

And Ali dont eat peoples ears

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
Lewis would be better matched to Ali that Tyson. Quicker, Taller and a better all round boxer. Ali would still beat him but that would be a cracker. Ali would basically hold Tyson at bay for about 6 rounds and then destroy him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here