Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ali or Tyson.......

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
How was he a dumb boxer ?
He fought exactly how a (shorter than most) fighter should fight & isn't it funny how every fighter from the Ali era beats Tyson according to most on NSC.... Pure nostalgia

Look at who Ali lost too and who Tyson lost too.

Ali only lost to boxers who held a World Heavy Weight title at one point in their career.

Tyson lost to Kevin McBride.

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011

Ali only lost to boxers who held a World Heavy Weight title at one point in their career.

Yeah that was in 2005 that's like me bringing the Tyson V Holmes fight into it..... Pointless

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I reckon Tyson would have had a good chance against Leon Spinks. But Ali, Foreman or Frazier in their prime? No way. There's a world of difference between being a boxer and being a vicious bastard.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Tyson clearly holds the moral and cerebral high ground.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
, I don't think Lewis would have handled the early mike AT ALL

Lewis would have been too big, too strong, too quick and much too good for a b ully like Tyson so much so that it would have been classed as a mismatch. Went to see him fight David Tua and after the fight coming away from the ring somebody asked Geroge Foreman if he would come out of retirmen t to fight Lennox his answer was " Do I look stupid He is the best ever he has everything strength speed ability and also a heavy punch." This about summed Lennox Lewis up. As regards Ali vs Tyson just look what Ali did to Sonny Liston who was stronger and more durable than Tyson and also a good puncher. A puncher will always stand a chance againsta boxer because he may land the 1 punch needed provided he got near enough, which eh wouldnt have done against Ali or Lewis. Both would have kept him at distance with their punching and quick leads.

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath

Bit harsh. Tyson lost fights he shouldn't have due to his lifestyle and guidance, or lack of it. More to do with his bad judgement outside the ring as opposed to his ability inside it.

Ali lost fights too, 5 as an amateur as well.........

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
Ah well at least there's one thing we can all agree on & that is that the heavyweight devision is piss poor at the minute & doesn't look like picking up anytime soon..... You've only got to look at Tyson fury to confirm that

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Ah well at least there's one thing we can all agree on & that is that the heavyweight devision is piss poor at the minute & doesn't look like picking up anytime soon..... You've only got to look at Tyson fury to confirm that

Spot on!

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Both two greats of the sport. Tyson really could have gone down as a great if he sorted his head out and didn't go down hill after the Cus Dmato death. However i think Ali would have been to smart for Tyson. Frazer was a lot grittier and determind than Tyson as a fighter and Ali dealt with him (just) took some huge punches... watch the thrilla in manilla...

Ali was a very clever and shrewd fighter and was really under estimated for his punching power and chin... He was a lot more than just a quick puncher. I do think fighters of that era 50's 60's were much better too.

Tyson to start off lively catching Ali with come big hooks, maybe with a possible early knoack down, but Ali gets up... Dances and jabs and moving into the 5th 6 th rounds Ali takes control... Ali to win by KO in the 9th 10th round.

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Both two greats of the sport. Tyson really could have gone down as a great if he sorted his head out and didn't go down hill after the Cus Dmato death. However i think Ali would have been to smart for Tyson. Frazer was a lot grittier and determind than Tyson as a fighter and Ali dealt with him (just) took some huge punches... watch the thrilla in manilla...

Ali was a very clever and shrewd fighter and was really under estimated for his punching power and chin... He was a lot more than just a quick puncher. I do think fighters of that era 50's 60's were much better too.

Tyson to start off lively catching Ali with come big hooks, maybe with a possible early knoack down, but Ali gets up... Dances and jabs and moving into the 5th 6 th rounds Ali takes control... Ali to win by KO in the 9th 10th round.

Good post. I'd still have Tyson to have too much for Ali and end it in the 7th though.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Pre the death of Cus D'Amato and the arrival of Don King, Tyson could have developed into the greatest heavyweight ever, and would have beaten Louis, Marciano, Foreman, Frazier, whoever, inc Ali but once he went of the rails he was never the same.

They reckon he was in the throes of alcoholism and drugs when he fought Bruno in 1989.

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Pre the death of Cus D'Amato and the arrival of Don King, Tyson could have developed into the greatest heavyweight ever, and would have beaten Louis, Marciano, Foreman, Frazier, whoever, inc Ali but once he went of the rails he was never the same.

They reckon he was in the throes of alcoholism and drugs when he fought Bruno in 1989.

If you look at way he totally destroyed Bruno in the 5th he coped with it well

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Indeed, it took a special kind of boxer to cope with the dazzling footwork, range of punches and sheer athleticism that an opponent like Bruno provided.

Obviously.

Meant to be taken more in the context of: 'They reckon he was in the throes of alcoholism and drugs when he fought Bruno in 1989.'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here