Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion Release Six Players

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Does Tunnicliffe still have another year ?, if so then I'd expect him to be on the way out aswell. A good clear out of those who really aren't going to make it in the Championship, but does show are are going to need an additional 6 or 7 players to have a squad to cope with a season. Can't wait for this summer.

Tunnicliffe and Mcnulty still have another year each yes.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Feel a bit sorry for Navarro, he got a season long injury and now has to prove himself again. People go on about players showing loyalty to the club but this shows that loyalty is a two way thing.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Poke is interesting... has he been playing much in the ressies....didnt think so. Still, Gus sees him more thna we do.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Big thanks to all six. Would like to wish them all well for the future. :clap:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Correct decisions I think, although keeping Poke is a bit odd.

I dont think its odd at all, if Poke is happy to stay as a 3rd choice keeper...we wont get a better 3rd choice one if we have to look, and i doubt hes on a lot of money.

k2bluesky

Sep 22, 2008
Brighton
Think Brez may be looking at getting away if anyone wants him, he really doesn't want to be sitting on the bench at this stage in his career.Holroyd should pretty easily get a new deal Bury/Stevenage seem impressed with him and on a free, no worries.
Surprised by the Poke deal, one of those pre season games I saw v Bognor, I think he looked nowhere near good enough but maybe the new deal is because of the Brez position.
I might have shipped out one or two others but if they are happy with the wage bill, I guess having an extra 'development' player or two doesn't hurt.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
The off-season off to a good start already. Shame about Kish but I guess we are looking at 90minute players and not last 20minute stop gaps. The argentinians had to go and Sandaza and Holroyd were never going to cut it in the championship, and we should be looking to bring in at least two strikers depending on the Murray situation.

As for Navs, seems a sensible decision for both club and player, last year was a write off and we need to be sure he can cut it and make a contribution before we make a commitment.

With regards to Poke, Poyet obviously rates him so I'll trust him on that one. Glad to see Smith get a new contract too.

Set of Tracksuits

Oct 27, 2003
Leicester
Good to have a ruthless clear-out, just what we needed do to if we're going to push on next year.

I was expecting Walker to be number 3 keeper next year with Brez moved on without a fee and Ankergren up against a newcomer for the starting place but offering Poke a new deal seems to make that unlikely. What do I know.

Sensible decision on Navarro, listened to the Gascoigne programme on R5 last night and after a serious injury you just never know how a player will be affected, whatever level they play at.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Surprised about Kish thought he might have a back up player role and add experience in the ressie team (as Gary Hart did this season) while lending a hand on the coaching

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Poke is interesting... has he been playing much in the ressies....didnt think so. Still, Gus sees him more thna we do.

Yes he has been playing well and has been captain. In fact a press realease from the club recently was praising him for his proffessialism.

We have excellent cover on that position now which is what Gus wanted. No need for loan keepers hopefully.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Who NOT on the list of 6 is OUT of contract, apart from Glenn?

I've also got Cook on my list of players whose contracts are about to end. also add to that the fact that Taricco won't be playing next season and we need to find quite a number of new signings.

I'm a little shocked at Poke getting a new deal, I think we need another keeper as number 1 which would push Poke even further down. But as stated he has't been pffered anything yet and may decide to look for first team football elsewhere. Having seen him play in a few reserve games he probably warrants a new deal on his performances but with Walker pushing for an opportunity I didn't think he'd get a new deal

Lurker

62 years and counting ...
Mar 8, 2010
West Midlands
Tunnicliffe and Mcnulty still have another year each yes.

Tunnicliffe to be used as bait, as part of the deal to bring Hoskins here from the Gas?
If Hoskins arrived ... it would soften the blow if Muzza jumped ship.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I said it a few weeks ago on another thread, but my inside sources told me that if you knew nothing about the club and just saw all the 'keepers in training you'd assume that Poke was the the 1st choice and the others were back-up.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Feel a bit sorry for Navarro, he got a season long injury and now has to prove himself again. People go on about players showing loyalty to the club but this shows that loyalty is a two way thing.

Yet the club got moaned at for keeping Mayo/Hart/etc on for too long

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here