Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion HAVE bid for Currie

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Yes.

1: Who are the 'they' that you refer to? If it is the likes of Ed (Lord Bracknell), Roz (Lady Bracknell) and Tim Carder (The History Man) then I think that your claim is totally without foundation. These people have given up huge amounts of their own time to fight for the Falmer cause, including showing up the lies told by LDC in their propaganda distributed to Lewes residents as part of the scaremongering campaign, reviewing the objections to Falmer and identifying all the holes in them, and co-ordinating much of the campaign that has kept the fight for Falmer in the public domain.

There was never any aim of the Seagulls party to gain power, or some 'seats of votes' (whatever that is supposed to be). The aim was to raise the profile of the fight for Falmer, and in that regard it has been a huge success.

2: Show me the evidence that 'they' (whoever 'they' are) consider themselves:

a) to be special
b) want 'us' to love them for it

If you can show the evidence then fair enough I will agree with you, but I can't see any personally, on NSC or elsewhere.

:thumbsup:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I havent got a clue, but i guess you know seeing as your asking and are such a smart arse superfan who knows it all and everyone should love for being such a great fan :rant:
:lolol:

Listen to EP chap as he is being sensible for once.But at the end of the day,believe in what you believe and no one else

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Thats the ones, think there better than everyone else.

Its also people like The Large One who annoy me, and even Trigger, hes such a wanker.

Your bang on the money with the first person :ascarf:

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Thing is with Zesh, he's generally a really pleasant lad but occasionally, he comes out with flippant remarks like the one above.

In this case though, I can see both sides of the coin - I do not think that there is a aura of "we should love you" for those such as Lord B, Roz and Tim Carder, but there does seem to be some people involved in small ways with the club who seem to think that they have their fingers on the pulse and know everything, but in fact know nothing.

I suppose that's the downside of being a "community" club rather than a faceless franchise like Man U or Chelski and I know which one I'd rather have!!

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
Thing is with Zesh, he's generally a really pleasant lad but occasionally, he comes out with flippant remarks like the one above.

Your right i do FLIP sometimes, and ive gone away from my actual point anyway.

My point was that theres far to many people on here who get on my nerves with their smart arse posts, and their - we've done this, we've done that, sort of posts. Just because your older it doesnt mean you have more authority, and it certainly doesnt make you smarter. Some people just need to forget about Brighton and North Stand Chat for a while and get a life.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

, but there does seem to be some people involved in small ways with the club who seem to think that they have their fingers on the pulse and know everything, but in fact know nothing.
QUOTE]

Oh yeah? well they can't throw any light on whether Currie is signing or not can they, not impressed at all, it's all mouth and trousers imo :lolol:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I havent got a clue, but i guess you know seeing as your asking and are such a smart arse superfan who knows it all and everyone should love for being such a great fan :rant:

Now i'm going to drag age into it myself when I know I should'nt but thats one thing I love about youngsters, Say it how you see it. :lolol::thumbsup:

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

, but there does seem to be some people involved in small ways with the club who seem to think that they have their fingers on the pulse and know everything, but in fact know nothing.
QUOTE]

Oh yeah? well they can't throw any light on whether Currie is signing or not can they, not impressed at all, it's all mouth and trousers imo :lolol:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Some people just need to forget about Brighton and North Stand Chat for a while and get a life.

I agree with you entirely. Although I hope that you see the irony in your post given that you have racked up 4,219 posts since September 2006, at an average of 14.2 a day. :bigwave:

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Some people just need to forget about Brighton and North Stand Chat for a while and get a life.

That's quite a post count for someone who has been an NSC member for 9 months! People in glass houses...

Anyway Zesh, for what it's worth, I think you seem a decent bloke. Yes, age is irrelevant and I think you usually give a good account of yourself on here. However, you've let yourself down a bit on this thread. I think you should apologise for throwing your toys out of the pram or flounce.

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
I agree with you entirely. Although I hope that you see the irony in your post given that you have racked up 4,219 posts since September 2006, at an average of 14.2 a day. :bigwave:

Yes i know, i had 4000 posts my Christmas, since then i have GOT A LIFE and now rarely post on here. (But have done quite abit this last week).

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf

I'd love to stay and chat but we have friends arriving for dinner now so I'm just logging off to get a life.

See ya. :bigwave:

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
Zesh, are you saying that everyone on here hasn't got a life?

Fancy that..I can see the headlines now

Internet Forum poster "in I have a life shocker!"

No i didnt say that, im saying that some people need to get a life.

And i dont mean it in a "you use an internet forum so your sad" sort of way, i mean it in a "you post crap and are up your own arse sort of way"

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
And i dont mean it in a "you use an internet forum so your sad" sort of way, i mean it in a "you post crap and are up your own arse sort of way"

Sam you've cheered up a very miserable week for me, Spot on fella :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here