Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion HAVE bid for Currie

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
This is excellent news for the people who didnt understand the roll of a winger who didnt want him back.

You're not seriously saying Currie is a winger are you (I must have misread that through my wine-addled eyes) My gran's quicker off the mark that he is, and she's been dead for 20 years.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I am sure plenty of chairmen "promise" premiership football, but how many actually deliver? Anyway, won't Currie be retired by then?

True and I doubt whether Currie will be around then, but he will be spending a sizeable amount of money if that is his promise. Whether it will come off is another matter.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Tony W, we could put my granny on the other wing, she has only been dead for 6 years...she was short and Irish, a bit like Liam Brady.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
This is excellent news for the people who didnt understand the roll of a winger who didnt want him back.

You're not seriously saying Currie is a winger are you (I must have misread that through my wine-addled eyes) My gran's quicker off the mark that he is, and she's been dead for 20 years.

A winger doesnt have to be quick and speedy as long as he can get to the line and cross, which he can.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
A winger doesnt have to be quick and speedy as long as he can get to the line and cross, which he can.
He doesn't even need to be a winger (if that is the definition of someone who can get to the by-line). If you can cross effectively from deep, you'll still be a worthy addition at this level.

If he's not coming here, I'm gutted. I think he might have made all the difference. We're crying out for a creative player.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We tend to use our full backs as wing backs to get the crosses in and I am sure that both Rents and Whing can do that very well. The creativity in midfield will come from Reid and Cox the support to the strikers from Hammond and the defensive man will be either Bertin or El Abd, which Currie couldnt do anyway. So where would he fit in. It is only sensible to sign a player if he is better than what you have and Currie isnt.

Last edited:

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Do Behave BG. Currie is better than any other midfielder at the club today. Easily. In fact he best crosser of a ball I have seen in stripes in over 20 years.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Agreed id rather my defenders defended thanks.
And id much rather it was Currie or Cox crossing than Whing or Rents..

Its a no brainer this one. On top of that we might actually keep the ball with Currie in our side.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
We tend to use our full backs as wing backs to get the crosses in and I am sure that both Rents and Whing can do that very well. The creativity in midfield will come from Reid and Cox the support to the strikers from Hammond and the defensive man will be either Bertin or El Abd, which Currie couldnt do anyway. So where would he fit in. It is only sensible to sign a player if he is better than what you have and Currie isnt.
Instead of Reid? Cox is class but it's still a big ask for a young player like him to be our main creative influence. Also if Currie is still the same as he was when he left us, I'd say he is definitely at least as good as Cox, his crossing and set piece delivery are much more consistent.

A midfield of:
Cox Hammond Bertin Currie

Would have been one of the best in League One.

Now it's looking more likely to be:
Cox Hammond El-Abd/Fraser Reid

I know which I'd rather have, although it will still be a good midfield if Bertin signs.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
He doesn't even need to be a winger (if that is the definition of someone who can get to the by-line). If you can cross effectively from deep, you'll still be a worthy addition at this level.

If he's not coming here, I'm gutted. I think he might have made all the difference. We're crying out for a creative player.

Indeed, Half the time Beckham crosses from much deeper.

Anyway Carole had pace and his crossing was dog shit half the time.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Instead of Reid? Cox is class but it's still a big ask for a young player like him to be our main creative influence. Also if Currie is still the same as he was when he left us, I'd say he is definitely at least as good as Cox, his crossing and set piece delivery are much more consistent.

A midfield of:
Cox Hammond Bertin Currie

Would have been one of the best in League One.

Now it's looking more likely to be:
Cox Hammond El-Abd/Fraser Reid

I know which I'd rather have, although it will still be a good midfield if Bertin signs.

Sadly thats the sort of work horse midfield that some want as they players that give 100% above players with skill such as Currie.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here