Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion HAVE bid for Currie

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Absolutely. I totally agree with you, and whilst I am not shy to boo at football, Currie was never a case where I was even slightly tempted to. I fail to see why anyone did. My objection wasn't to the fact that booing him was wrong, but to the presumption that anyone who did has altered his decision to sign for us, and also that they must have been young!

The reference to youngsters was not a presumption but an observation. The reference to Cullip was also an observation (Brighton reject) as I was there and also backed up by this thread.

http://www.northstandchat.biz/showthread.php?t=82996&highlight=Cullip

Seagulls Party membership number 60 so does that exclude or include me in the 'inner circle? :cool:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I've often wondered why age has to be dragged into things myself Zesh? If your old enough to have an opinion you should be should be allowed to express it.

Thoroughly agree, but we have been waiting for ages for him to explain why

1: In his opinion the Seagulls Party failed
2: Why he was so pleased

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
Thoroughly agree, but we have been waiting for ages for him to explain why

1: In his opinion the Seagulls Party failed
2: Why he was so pleased

1: They try and make out they succedded by winning some seats of votes or whatever, but there aim was to gain power, and that hasnt been succedded one bit.
2: Im pleased it failed because who run it think other Brighton fans owe them something for it, they think that they're special for starting a Seagulls Party and we should love them for it.

Any more questions ?

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
Zesh's point does actually have some merit with other fans of the club.

As we all know, NSC is but a mere small representation of our fanbase and when you do talk to people at the matches or pubs etc, the comments vary from " they are all up themselves" or " well they are all geeks anyway". referring to NSC'ers

I am not suggesting for one second that the Seagulls Party or certain fans deserve some sort of special respect from other fans as that is not what they do or did it for anyway. However, sometimes I do think people ought to take one step backwards and look at what they are posting ( and Yes I do include myself in that bracket). In the oversall scheme of things, if you have certain knowledge, or have sat next to DK on a plane to Spain, or have contacts in the financial world or know the caterers at Withdean, you must realise that the vast majority of Albion fans want to go and watch a game of football on a Saturday and dont give two hoots about what is going on behind the scenes.

I think our particular situation has created this seige mentality and in some way a victim mentality that we do seem to thrive on. Other clubs fans are heartily sick of it ( Poor old Brighton again). Our owners are accessible and in most circumstances approachable compared to the likes of say Premiership clubs who the supporters may see these people high up in their ivory towers....maybe that gives us fans a bigger sense of our own importance that perhaps we do not justify.

I am sorry if this sounds bitter, I assure you its not meant to be, but sometimes, we do get carried away a bit!

Totally Agree Dave, one of the best posts ive ever seen on here.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
1: They try and make out they succedded by winning some seats of votes or whatever, but there aim was to gain power, and that hasnt been succedded one bit.
2: Im pleased it failed because who run it think other Brighton fans owe them something for it, they think that they're special for starting a Seagulls Party and we should love them for it.

Any more questions ?

Can you tell us who runs it? Who is chairman of Falmer for All?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I havent got a clue, but i guess you know seeing as your asking and are such a smart arse superfan who knows it all and everyone should love for being such a great fan :rant:

I will ignore your rudeness but I find it puzzling that you think that those who run it think other Brighton fans owe them something for it, they think that they're special for starting a Seagulls Party and we should love them for it, when you don't know who they are either in 'real life' or on Nsc. How can you judge other people's characters when you don't know who they are?

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace

Any more questions ?

:nono:

You havent got a clue what this has been about have you ?....if you had been to the meetings you would appreciate that the party was raising the Falmer issue profile

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Any more questions ?

Yes.

1: Who are the 'they' that you refer to? If it is the likes of Ed (Lord Bracknell), Roz (Lady Bracknell) and Tim Carder (The History Man) then I think that your claim is totally without foundation. These people have given up huge amounts of their own time to fight for the Falmer cause, including showing up the lies told by LDC in their propaganda distributed to Lewes residents as part of the scaremongering campaign, reviewing the objections to Falmer and identifying all the holes in them, and co-ordinating much of the campaign that has kept the fight for Falmer in the public domain.

There was never any aim of the Seagulls party to gain power, or some 'seats of votes' (whatever that is supposed to be). The aim was to raise the profile of the fight for Falmer, and in that regard it has been a huge success.

2: Show me the evidence that 'they' (whoever 'they' are) consider themselves:

a) to be special
b) want 'us' to love them for it

If you can show the evidence then fair enough I will agree with you, but I can't see any personally, on NSC or elsewhere.

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
I will ignore your rudeness but I find it puzzling that you think that those who run it think other Brighton fans owe them something for it, they think that they're special for starting a Seagulls Party and we should love them for it, when you don't know who they are either in 'real life' or on Nsc. How can you judge other people's characters when you don't know who they are?

I dont really care

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here