Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Admit it. Goldstone Retail Park

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
countrygull said:
have never driven past there, let alone shopped. For me, that stretch of the OSR is the spiritual home of the club and I prefer to remember it just as I always knew it. However, once we get Falmer, that will become our new physical and spiritual home - and I shall take the children (or maybe grandchildren by then!) to Toys R Us in Hove to celebrate.

we will all be drowned by the rising sea levels before then I tell thee..

:down: :down: :down: :down: :down:

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Goring Gull said:
No one cares anymore

Quite clearly, a lot of people do care. :shootself

I've never called people who shop there 'bad', but it does piss me off when people refuse to appreciate why so many Brighton fans still (and always will) refuse to go there.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
eastlondonseagull said:
Quite clearly, a lot of people do care. :shootself

I've never called people who shop there 'bad', but it does piss me off when people refuse to appreciate why so many Brighton fans still (and always will) refuse to go there.

i appreciate that it means a lot etc etc, but life is short...that period in my history of watching the Albion has long gone ( in fact over 10 years ago and I have been watching Albion for 30 years)

Looking back on the Archer experience, I thought it brought the fans together much more than the Falmer experience seems to have done. I suppose we were all pulling in one direction and had 100 faith in what was being done. there seems lots more people nowadays prepared to critisise Falmer and what we are trying to achieve.

that is why I feel the Goldstone stuff is history and although we must never forget, chosing not to go to a particular shop just doesnt appeal to me

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
This is a matter of individual choice, of course, but I'll never set foot in the place either. It's obviously a lot easier to avoid living in London, but on the odd occasions I've had to go past, I've detoured to avoid it.

I too would go some distance to shop elsewhere, were I to live five minutes from it. In my mind that stretch of Old Shoreham Road still has the North Stand rising above it and a couple of floodlights pointing south.

While I can't understand people who have no problem shopping there, I'm not going to condemn them for it. You make your own call on this one, peeps.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
The other half buys stuff in Toys r us, but i refuse to pay for anything in there, will walk around the shops there, and she seems to think i am being stupid, :angry:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Stevie Boy said:
The other half buys stuff in Toys r us, but i refuse to pay for anything in there, will walk around the shops there, and she seems to think i am being stupid, :angry:

what you nick things from there:eek: :eek: :eek:

Edna....get him

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
i would never set foot in there

it's the principle

just wouldn't feel right

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Goring Gull said:
If you biumped into Archer or Bellotti you'd probably thank them - let's face it we've had some great times recently double championship , playoff final wins - i'd rather have had all that than 10 more year sof piss poor mediocre level 2 and 3 of english football.

Falmer will be the icing on the cake.

Thank them. Are you all there, seriously? Why did we need to go to Gillingham and Withdean to win those trophies. Knight & Adams were responsible for that success, certainly not those two arseholes.

Maybe you're joking and I can't see it.

Unreal. :shootself

Last edited:

Lucky_C

Dec 15, 2006
Not Brighton, sadly.
I've not set foot in there.

This may have something to do with the fact I've been in Lancashire for the past five years

Originally posted by Goring Gull
If you biumped into Archer or Bellotti you'd probably thank them - let's face it we've had some great times recently double championship , playoff final wins - i'd rather have had all that than 10 more year sof piss poor mediocre level 2 and 3 of english football.

Possibly the most stupid thing I've ever read on NSC!:eek:
:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
pasty said:
I must be the most terrible fan ever then. Not only have I shopped there, Mrs P once worked at Comet on the site. I will castigate myself every day from now until Falmer is built in pennance.:rolleyes:

You should use of those self-torture things like the albino monk in the Da Vinci Code. Only then will you achieve salvation in the eyes of the Superfan.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Storer68 said:
Originally posted by Goring Gull

Possibly the most stupid thing I've ever read on NSC!:eek:
:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Seconded.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here