Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Admit it. Goldstone Retail Park

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I'll feel very differently about the retail park the moment we have a decent replacement ground - ie I won't give a shit about it any more. Until then, it's just a reminder of a miserable series of dealings by some utter tossers.

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Spunk Bubble said:
Come on, own up. When you are walking around the Goldstone Retail Park, you stand in positions that you think roughly in the same spot great goals were scored in !!. I have scored many goals in Toys R Us.

Am I alone on this one ??. I don't think so.

:clap2:

:nono:

not been there since 26 april 1997...and never will

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
i have shopped there. not going wont bring back the stadium, also it would have stopped me getting the DEAL OF THE CENTURY

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
How sad it is that people wont shop there!

I bet half the people saying they havent really have, just dont want to admit it to the clique!

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
bhanutz said:

I bet half the people saying they havent really have, just dont want to admit it to the clique!

indeed....probably been dragged by the missus:angry: <----woman

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
mejonaNO12 aka riskit said:
i have shopped there. not going wont bring back the stadium, also it would have stopped me getting the DEAL OF THE CENTURY

But to be fair Matt, you don't have any memories of the place.. Those who remember all those years off 30kplus cheering on the Seagulls will see it differently.. I'm not one of them, and but I did make some games at the Goldstone despite being 9 or 10 at the time, and I still have fond memories of standing with my Dad watching Steve Foster et al!

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Biscuit said:
But to be fair Matt, you don't have any memories of the place.. Those who remember all those years off 30kplus cheering on the Seagulls will see it differently.. I'm not one of them, and but I did make some games at the Goldstone despite being 9 or 10 at the time, and I still have fond memories of standing with my Dad watching Steve Foster et al!

i did go to about 10 or so games. but yes the memory isnt there.

but at the same time i also feel that people shouldnt perhaps avoid it because of where its situated.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Caveman said:
I couldn't give a f*** what anyone else thinks. I haven't shopped there and never will its just wrong in my eyes.

Why would I want to shop there anyhow?

if you have kids toys r us are good.

If you need a sofa, DFS could help you!

If you are a bit hungry, maybe a whopper will help!

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
:yawn: :yawn:

People can do what they want. For some, it's an emotional headfuck going back. For others, it brings back nice memories and they don't mind the experience.

Does it make you a 'twat' for doing one thing or the other? No.

People can do what they want, and leave them to it.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
mejonaNO12 aka riskit said:
i did go to about 10 or so games. but yes the memory isnt there.

but at the same time i also feel that people shouldnt perhaps avoid it because of where its situated.

Well thats an opinion I suppose. Personally it makes me quite upset when I see what the place has become, and while I don't begrudge anyone going in and shopping there, I certainly wouldn't do it myself.. not trying to take the moral high ground it just wouldn't be right.. sacred ground in my book.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Spunk Bubble said:
Come on, own up. When you are walking around the Goldstone Retail Park, you stand in positions that you think roughly in the same spot great goals were scored in !!. I have scored many goals in Toys R Us.

Am I alone on this one ??. I don't think so.

:clap2:

Have never been and will never go (unless there's a protest). They can f*** right off.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
bhanutz said:

You what? Why sad? Not at all. People have principles, just like not buying fur. I choose not to visit that retail park.

If we had been in a situation like Doncaster Rovers, for example, and we'd vacated our ground in time to move into a new, modern facility elsewhere in the town - and the whole transaction had been ABOVE BOARD - I would feel sad shopping on the old site, but I'd probably do it.

But we were forced out of the Goldstone by a CROOK, who probably (and I'm praying that someone someday will prove this) made a healthy profit from selling it on. And I will always be bitterly angry about that, and will not shop there.

The Goldstone Retail Park symbolises Bill Archer's greed and I don't want anything to do with it.

Last edited:

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I cant remember alot if anything from the goldstone. I still see it as many do as a no go area. Once we have our new stadium things may change but intil then :nono:

Pablo

Jul 8, 2003
Worthing
I will never step foot there.

I'm going to be dad in 4 weeks time, and a few weekends back I was due to go shopping with other half for a pram. The night before she found a pram on the net at toys r us and said that she definitely wanted it and we would need to go to the retail park. I refused much to her surprise, so she went with her mum instead!

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
I was dragged in there by a freind once or Twice, one of the times i couldnt bare it and had to sit accross the road in hove park till they had finished.:D

Seriously though, I would never go anywhere near it through choice. A workmate of mine allways drives past it when Im in the car, just to piss me off. I never look if im in a car and im going past it.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
bhanutz said:
if you have kids toys r us are good.

If you need a sofa, DFS could help you!

If you are a bit hungry, maybe a whopper will help!

Children have far too many toys as it is........saves me a fortune by refusing to go there.

Rubbish furniture.

Eat proper food...!

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here