Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Admit it. Goldstone Retail Park

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I would find it difficult to shop there now as I live in Wales,but when I did live in Brighton I avoided the place like it had the plague silly really as it is only bricks and mortar.
I can remember back to the napiers templeman livsley and the like and they were as good a memories as the foster times and the retail park now is a monument to the greed of a few people who wanted to kill our club and for that reason alone I would not even want to look at it let alone shop there.

but then I am from a different generation. ???

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Pablo said:
I will never step foot there.

I'm going to be dad in 4 weeks time, and a few weekends back I was due to go shopping with other half for a pram. The night before she found a pram on the net at toys r us and said that she definitely wanted it and we would need to go to the retail park. I refused much to her surprise, so she went with her mum instead!

im probably the only one. but i dont understand that

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
wadhurstseagull said:
have not been there since last game at the Goldstone, have not driven past. My wife describes me as 'pathetic' for making detours around the former ground rather than acknowledge what she describes as 'progress'. Still won't go into Focus which probably explains the state of our house.

I get the same, but go to great lengths to have nothing to do with the place.

Try coming out of KwikFit and not turning left past the site. I've done it more than once.

If the shopping centre that I understand has been built on hallowed ground is "progress", then I suppose I must be pathetic too.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I will never shop there, although I did have to deliver there once.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
bhanutz said:
if you have kids toys r us are good.

If you need a sofa, DFS could help you!

If you are a bit hungry, maybe a whopper will help!

I have no problems with any of the above shops and go in them elsewhere, but not going on the Goldstone Ground is my preference, I grew up on those terraces and some northern w*nker took the chance of my kids doing the same.

Now how else would you suggest I can show my disapproval?

Chunky Monkey

Dec 26, 2006
Hailsham
Never been back since - and won't, ever. Never even driven past it. I can't understand why people don't understand that principle.

What happened to the ground and the club was a disgrace then and still is today.

Stay at home or go elsewhere. Simple.

:angry:

Spunk Bubble said:
Come on, own up. When you are walking around the Goldstone Retail Park, you stand in positions that you think roughly in the same spot great goals were scored in !!. I have scored many goals in Toys R Us.

Am I alone on this one ??. I don't think so.
:clap2:

You must look a right plonker standing on the grave. I hope the spirits that live there reach up and turn you into a Buzz Lightyear doll for being such a twatwatwat

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Caveman said:
I have no problems with any of the above shops and go in them elsewhere, but not going on the Goldstone Ground is my preference, I grew up on those terraces and some northern w*nker took the chance of my kids doing the same.

Now how else would you suggest I can show my disapproval?
word

NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
mejonaNO12 aka riskit said:
im probably the only one. but i dont understand that
i went to my first game there in 1966 (although the memory is a tad hazy cos i was only 6)
i was a regular there til 1997.....31 years later.
ive been happy there
ive been sad there
ive laughed there
ive cried there
those monkeys took our ground and left us homeless

nothing against the actual shops there, as cavey said, ill go to branches elsewhere

but ill never, EVER step foot in a shop at the goldstone

f*** em.....f*** em all

Jeep

Aug 1, 2003
No!
I still boycott Focus + the Goldstone Retail Park.

Luckily my wife also supports me with that and also still boycotts them.

Its nothing to do with comparing myself to others - its just a personal thing.

But then I still hate Man Utd for beating us in the cup final 24 years ago. I'll never get over it.

Perhaps I should see a psychiatrist!

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Never been, It's not a 'choice', it's a genuine sadness that stops me from going.
I have only driven near it once and that was because DHL missed me at home with a Christmas parcel and I had no choice but to go and get it from their depot.
I reckon when we get a 'new home' the pain won't be as great..maybe then I will be able to go but untill then..sorry but it just isn't right.:down:

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
never been on the site since May 1997 (yes, May - I watched the destruction of the old lady bit by bit). Driving past the GG on the OSR brings back some wonderful memories and reminds me of my feelings for Stanley, Archer and Bellotti.

can't see myself feeling the same about the Withdean Retail Park in a few years, or even the Falmer Retail Park!

Last edited:

NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Jeep said:

But then I still hate Man Utd for beating us in the cup final 24 years ago. I'll never get over it.

Perhaps I should see a psychiatrist!
:lolol:

me too

D

Deleted member 2719

I am with the i will never ever go there brigade and struggle to understand how any Albion fan can actually go their without physically wrecking the place or dropping to there knees with there face in there hands and shouting "give me our stadium back you F*cking c**ts.
I even struggle to reply to this thread as it is something i find unbeleivable that we have lost our home even 10 years on.

:down: :down:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
There are some good wind up merchants around this evening.
I'm a better fan than you because I've got over it and I'm a better fan than you because I'm not in the 'clique' :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Everybody deals with their feelings about the Goldstone ground in their own way.
I'll never shop there although I have been into the shops in other areas (ie Toys R Us in Leeds)

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
My missus wants to take my lad to Toys R Us there and we have come to an agreement once The foundations have been dug and bricks laid at Falmer then I will go there until then I would rather drive up to Purley way to go to Toys r Us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here